Jo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jo

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:55 pm

The Original Special One wrote:To be fair to Hughes, he never wanted him; he was 'encouraged' to give his imprimatur to the signing, which was pretty much a done deal when Hughes arrived.

Never mind Jo, what does "imprimatur" mean ? has this word ever been used on a football forum ?
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:To be fair to Hughes, he never wanted him; he was 'encouraged' to give his imprimatur to the signing, which was pretty much a done deal when Hughes arrived.

Never mind Jo, what does "imprimatur" mean ? has this word ever been used on a football forum ?

I had to look it up & it means 'approval' etc.

Nice to have ones vocabulary improved by reading a football forum. I probably won't remember it by this evening though.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:24 pm

He's shite
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

I had to look it up & it means 'approval' etc.

Nice to have ones vocabulary improved by reading a football forum. I probably won't remember it by this evening though.

You're all guilty of floccinaucinihilipilification. In the case of Jo that is licit.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
stinky pete wrote:sounds like a dream partnership adepoorbuy and jo up front ( nightmare)..........

I've stayed out of Adebayor arguments as I mostly disagree with the vultures but this is just too much.

Adebayor is goal getter. Sometimes they go through barren spells and it seems like they contribute fuck all but these players know where the onion bag is when chance comes their way and that's why they are valuable. He is not world class striker but definitely very very good Premiership class.

Jo on the other hand is bag of wank. He actually does have the talent, I know this seeing him in Russia, but has lost all confidence and makes fucking Samaras look like Duncan Ferguson.

Fucking ridiculous comparison. Get a grip.

I agree completely with this. Adebuyor (could everyone please call our star striker by his real name and leave the rags insult our club if you don't mind?) is in that top bracket of strikers in the best league in the world. He has a one in two strike rate in the premier league and anyone who calls him a "bad buy" needs their fucking head checked.

He has had a slightly barren run - don't forget a certain goal that essentially changed the game against Chelsea - but it has to be noted that following a poor game by him, he has missed the next game through injury which tells me he may not have been 100% for the last while.

Hopefully he'll come back stronger and get back on the goal trail soon. I have every confidence he will.

I think Adebayor's been alright, as good as most srikers. They all miss chances & have ineffective days here & there. Having said that though RSC was a level above Ade's typical performance when he played v Sunderland. If the fucker can actually stay fit for a few games then Ade may find it tough to get back in after the African trip. Good problem to have.

Jo on the other hand is a twat. I know he's got talent but that just makes it worse to watch him ponce around. Everything about him winds me up, especially that little clappy thing he does after someone gives him a good pass & he chucks himself on the floor or trips over his own fucking feet. Horrible waste of time & money.

that's exactly what pisses me off about Jo. The boy has talent but doesn't make fucking effort and is lazy tosser. God knows I've seen shit players turn for us but this feller is something else, he just can't be bothered.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum