Obervations

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Obervations

Postby M147WN » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:33 am

Just a few things that caught my eye today and apologies if covered elsewhere!

1. Barry drifting to the left and covering Silvi every time stoke came down the right! can we rent the tardise and go back a week or so?

2. De jong! i'm a big fan! player always gives his all but is adding longer and more accurate passing to his game and for me is the best deep lying defensive midfielder in the prem.

3. No recognisd front man as a target or hold up player. Don't know if RSC was injured? But the long ball was binned big style and we looked a much better outfit for it!

4. Mancini made the right subs at the right time and you know when you see something that looks right but you really have no foundation for it? Well just watching the bloke, his appearance and enthusiasm ... well it looked impressive to me.

5. Micah Richards can still and never did forget how to jump more than 6 inches off the ground. Its just that he's somehow remembered how to do it!
Like a fuckin black salmon on acid today! Superb!

I know this is new manager syndrome but why should it be any different week in week out?
I'm not saying we've turned a corner as that will only be proved in the long term but for me a much better performance from players who have been told exactly what their job descriptions consist of and carried them out well.

I, like many others, do not know enough about our new manager and its very early days but he seems a very self assured fella and the difference in the way we played today has paid dividends and suggests we may have a someone capable of taking us on to the next level. As I said, a happy bunny tonight and plenty of chemic has dissapeared since an early start today but a good solid, professional performance in my eyes and amongst 60 odd of us going home on the coach tonight most shared the above opinions!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Re: Obervations

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:37 am

good feedback...should have gone in the Mancini Debut thread.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby shawzy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:03 am

AHHHH Top post....Copy and paste in the Mancini debut.Its the best thread iv ever done hehe..
Off to bed..Night peeps..Roll on Wolves.Cant wait zzzzzz
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby M147WN » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:05 am

DoomMerchant wrote:good feedback...should have gone in the Mancini Debut thread.

Sorry kidda, have had a few and usally log on late so please accept my apologies for covering old ground.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby The Original Special One » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:22 am

shawzy wrote:AHHHH Top post....Copy and paste in the Mancini debut.Its the best thread iv ever done hehe..
Off to bed..Night peeps..Roll on Wolves.Cant wait zzzzzz

Sweet Dreams
And on Monday night, also!
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:42 am

Good one M1, I was thinking some of the same things.

-Very good to see Petrov start, he has always played like he wanted the shirt and his delivery is still the best we have.

-De Jong and Barry with very selfless displays, finally looked like a team in midfield.

-Robinho and Ireland didn't have the greatest of games, but are looking renewed and again, looking to play for the team rather than the OMG moment of individual brilliance.

-Defensively there were still some howlers, Sylvinho leaving the ball when it split Kompany and him and the Stoke player almost nicking it, Higginbottom getting free and unmarked towards the end.

-RSC better be injured, yes the two goals he scored were under the previous regimé but still it should have been rewarded and I would hate to think he will become the Garrido of Mancho's team.

-Very good to see Spanish Gaz make an appearance, very gifted, very technical player who cannot tackle....midfield role? Well done again Mancho.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 am

M147WN wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:good feedback...should have gone in the Mancini Debut thread.

Sorry kidda, have had a few and usally log on late so please accept my apologies for covering old ground.

no apology required. ;)
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 am

Great post m147wn...off down to have a brew and see what you are on about.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:39 am

Slim wrote:Good one M1, I was thinking some of the same things.

-Very good to see Petrov start, he has always played like he wanted the shirt and his delivery is still the best we have.

-De Jong and Barry with very selfless displays, finally looked like a team in midfield.

-Robinho and Ireland didn't have the greatest of games, but are looking renewed and again, looking to play for the team rather than the OMG moment of individual brilliance.

-Defensively there were still some howlers, Sylvinho leaving the ball when it split Kompany and him and the Stoke player almost nicking it, Higginbottom getting free and unmarked towards the end.

-RSC better be injured, yes the two goals he scored were under the previous regimé but still it should have been rewarded and I would hate to think he will become the Garrido of Mancho's team.

-Very good to see Spanish Gaz make an appearance, very gifted, very technical player who cannot tackle....midfield role? Well done again Mancho.

Was thinking the same about Spanish Gaz mate and said along time ago that guy should be a winger or play a more forward role not a defender (you can probably find my posts if you look hard enough but of course people on here said I was clueless like Doom Merchant. Obviously the manager agrees with me so who's clueless now eh?)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Grob » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Vhero wrote:

Was thinking the same about Spanish Gaz mate and said along time ago that guy should be a winger or play a more forward role not a defender (you can probably find my posts if you look hard enough but of course people on here said I was clueless like Doom Merchant. Obviously the manager agrees with me so who's clueless now eh?)

Finger on the pulse, well done
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Attack will be much better with a CF in it but defence will come under much more pressure than Stoke applied they barely put a decent cross in.

Looked like a good attempt at organisation for a new manager but there were still occasions where Stoke had more attackers on the break than we had defenders. The rags will score if that happens, even their reserve team.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Vhero wrote:

i like that you think you've found a tag-team partner Vhero.

viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Vhero wrote:

how would you feel about having your own sub-forum?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Return to The Maine Football forum