Lou Macari on Setanta

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lou Macari on Setanta

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:41 am

Right, I've now had to watch the last two city matches on Setanta Ireland whilst listening to Lou fucking Macari throw veiled insult after veiled insult at our club and I've fucking had enough.

How the hell can they let an ex rag who still works for MUTV to commentate on our games??! How does that even happen?!

Yesterday he spent the whole game dissing Robinho and trying to make out that he's been shit since he got here. When he wasn't giving Robinho stick, it was just constant moaning about the club and it really made the match difficult to match, which isn't something I want to happen again.

He is a fucking arsehole and I've noticed there's a facebook group called "Get Lou Macari Off Setanta Sports" on facebook.... please please please join this group!!!

I know a lot of you probably don't see setanta ireland, but maybe you could hear him on your streams? Honestly, it was farcical and I'm never the type of cunt that writes in to TV stations, but this could well be a first.

Cunts.
Original Dub

Re: Lou Macari on Setanta

Postby trout man » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:51 am

Original Dub wrote:Right, I've now had to watch the last two city matches on Setanta Ireland whilst listening to Lou fucking Macari throw veiled insult after veiled insult at our club and I've fucking had enough.

How the hell can they let an ex rag who still works for MUTV to commentate on our games??! How does that even happen?!

Yesterday he spent the whole game dissing Robinho and trying to make out that he's been shit since he got here. When he wasn't giving Robinho stick, it was just constant moaning about the club and it really made the match difficult to match, which isn't something I want to happen again.

He is a fucking arsehole and I've noticed there's a facebook group called "Get Lou Macari Off Setanta Sports" on facebook.... please please please join this group!!!

I know a lot of you probably don't see setanta ireland, but maybe you could hear him on your streams? Honestly, it was farcical and I'm never the type of cunt that writes in to TV stations, but this could well be a first.

Cunts.

He drove me fucking nuts yesterday and its one of the reasons I dont subscribe to setanta, but in fairness OD the poor fuckers are hanging on by their finger tips and the only thing they have left to cling to is the scum fan base in Ireland. They are poor outfit, have always been a poor outfit and will just about remain a parochial sports channel for the Magners league and scum fans.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:00 am

trout man wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Right, I've now had to watch the last two city matches on Setanta Ireland whilst listening to Lou fucking Macari throw veiled insult after veiled insult at our club and I've fucking had enough.

Cunts.

He drove me fucking nuts yesterday and its one of the reasons I dont subscribe to setanta, but in fairness OD the poor fuckers are hanging on by their finger tips and the only thing they have left to cling to is the scum fan base in Ireland. They are poor outfit, have always been a poor outfit and will just about remain a parochial sports channel for the Magners league and scum fans.

Well that scum fanbase won't save them by them putting Macari on our games.

So I hope they go under now.
Original Dub

Postby King Kev » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:01 am

The BBC are no better. The spent the first few minutes of the coverage on MotD comparing our record over the last 16 years with the scums, why??

After the match they highlighted how bad Robinho had been. Never mind that we had won Mancini's first game in charge, never mind that we finally kept a clean sheet, let's ignore that we are scraping around for defenders, let's concentrate on the negatives eh!

Wankers!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:08 am

King Kev wrote:The BBC are no better. The spent the first few minutes of the coverage on MotD comparing our record over the last 16 years with the scums, why??

After the match they highlighted how bad Robinho had been. Never mind that we had won Mancini's first game in charge, never mind that we finally kept a clean sheet, let's ignore that we are scraping around for defenders, let's concentrate on the negatives eh!

Wankers!

Well this is exactly it - the slot for manchester city coverage should be geared towards Man City fans - its that simple. I don't want arse-kissing but I certainly don't want to listen to my club being dissed left right and centre while I'm supposed to be enjoying the experience.

Maybe I'm blind to the other clubs, but I really see them go harder on us than anyone else and i'm really sick of it. It boils down to the same thing - start winning shit and they'll look foolish. The sooner the better.
Original Dub

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 am

The coverage I got in New Zealand was utter crap aswell (Sky here so prolly sky over there?). Jabs every 5 minutes it seemed. FUCKING CUNTS.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Bear60 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:19 am

King Kev wrote:The BBC are no better. The spent the first few minutes of the coverage on MotD comparing our record over the last 16 years with the scums, why??

Wankers!

Agree entirely KK they never give praise to us , like you said they talked about how bad Robbi had been , and then Alan Shearer had his turn at slagging us off about the Hughes sacking no positive what so ever about our new managers first win complete and utter Rag loving tossers.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:20 am

The media are starting to use the 'it's a poor league' angle just in case someone other than their usual favourites win it. You can guarantee that whenever we eventually win the league it'll be 'the worst PL since it's inception'.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:24 am

Original Dub wrote:

Wankers!

Well this is exactly it - the slot for manchester city coverage should be geared towards Man City fans - its that simple. I don't want arse-kissing but I certainly don't want to listen to my club being dissed left right and centre while I'm supposed to be enjoying the experience.

Maybe I'm blind to the other clubs, but I really see them go harder on us than anyone else and i'm really sick of it. It boils down to the same thing - start winning shit and they'll look foolish. The sooner the better.

Welcome to the new look City mate ask Chelsea fans what its like they been getting the same treatment as us for a lot longer.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wooders » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:28 am

you don't have to be a football genius to work out that
a) Robinho plays better at home
b) craig can't play 2 full games within a week of each let alone 3 days
We need Bellamy to be fighting fit for the Wolves game where he will get a start - thats the reason why cunts like collymore and Macari are stuck making snide comments on the radio/TV rather than managing football teams
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The media are starting to use the 'it's a poor league' angle just in case someone other than their usual favourites win it. You can guarantee that whenever we eventually win the league it'll be 'the worst PL since it's inception'.

These fulkers want to look the real reasons why the so called '' top 4 '' are struggling this season. Its because the 16 other clubs have decide to stand up and be counted.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby shawzy » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:56 am

Did anyone watch SSN just before kickoff?
Paul Walsh stuck up for City and Tommo, Cottee and that knobhead Merson tore into him big time.It got pretty heated and Walshie was losing his temper at them.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby citydonz » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:58 am

New Zealands coverage is an utter shambles.
I don't think half the commentators have a grasp of the sport, and i want to punch them in the head evertime "soccer" is mentioned.
They dont even really have halftime/fulltime analysis, its just stats and shitty music.
christ.

that needed to be let out.
citydonz
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby JB » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:26 am

There's a really simple solution to the Lou Macaris of this world: the mute button.

I have really been enjoying the Chinese coverage on sopcast, the ads are hilarious.
JB

My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby JB » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:26 am

Double post - sorry.
JB

My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:28 am

shawzy wrote:Did anyone watch SSN just before kickoff?
Paul Walsh stuck up for City and Tommo, Cottee and that knobhead Merson tore into him big time.It got pretty heated and Walshie was losing his temper at them.
saw it it was really bad thompson was the worst i hate him never a good word,
stelling was as bad more or less telling walsh that cook was lieing, and if you believe all that how gullible are you
without any evidence to the contrary,
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Thomson said it was standard practice too. But again they never mentioned the match, or Mancini, just Hughes and Cook. Thought it was a match preview programme!

Five live, which I had to listen to after 4.30 driving to work, said Bellamy was 'dropped', when any fool would know he's being saved for Wolves. They also bemoaned our lack of adventure in the second half, when this was obviously going to conserve the 2-0, and has been our main problem for weeks. Mind you they obviously wanted Stoke to get back in it.

As you all say - CUNTS
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dario2739 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:25 pm

I couldn't get to the game yesterday, and had Skysports news on in the background - every time they went to Phil Thompson he spent his time just slagging us off - really really pissed me off in the end, he was a right cunt, you could tell how desperate he was for Stoke to get back in it... made himself out to be a bigger cunt than Dogger Collymore, and at the moment that's a really big ask!
As for the Macari thing - it's the same with the MUEN evening news - I noticed after Hughes' sacking last week that every reaction piece in that shit rag was written by a Red Journo... absolutely no positive view point at all... Sky's no better, when we're on there should be a pundit who represents our viewpoint in the studio - in stead it's usually Jamie fucking Redknapp!
dario2739
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:26 pm

You still have Setanta? Poor loves. ESPN rocks!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:27 pm

feedthegreek wrote:
saw it it was really bad thompson was the worst i hate him never a good word,
stelling was as bad more or less telling walsh that cook was lieing, and if you believe all that how gullible are you
without any evidence to the contrary,

Walshie was trying to defend City and the way everything was done. Even Kamara chipped in trying to back him up when everyone was rounding on Walshie. Thing is, he was asked "You used to play for City, give us your opinion." by Stelling, so he did. As soon as he did the bell end Stelling was like "So could Cook complain if he was treated the same?" Walshie said no to which Stelling said something like "Well there you go" There you go what? You fuckin ched! Walshie clearly won the argument but Stelling had to have the last word. Fuck off back to Countdown you tit! And what can Cottee say? His West Ham have fucked how many managers off now? Jokers.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum