Sheikh Mansour To Buy Real Madrid?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sheikh Mansour To Buy Real Madrid?

Postby King Kev » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Is our owner about to cheat on us??

[urlnp=http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Manchester-City-owner-Sheikh-Mansour-to-offer-one-billion-euros-for-Real-Madrid/4458/]LINK[/urlnp]
Sheikh Mansour, the owner of Manchester City , has sensationally been linked with a move to buy Real Madrid by Spanish newspaper AS.

The member of the Abu Dhabi royal family has instructed intermediaries to approach Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and a meeting is expected to take place in early 2010.

It was long believed that Spanish clubs such as Real Madrid and Barcelona could not be bought from the fans who own the club.

But, AS points out a statute in the laws governing Real Madrid that open the possibility of "Transformation, merger and extinction of the entity" through a referendum (Article 58) among all share holders.

Reports also suggest that Sheikh Mansour is willing to take on the debts at Real Madrid which would entice many to back the bid.

Sheikh Mansour is the brother of the ruler of Abu Dhabi, he spent over 200 million pounds securing ownership of Manchester City in August 2008.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Sheikh Mansour To Buy Real Madrid?

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:30 pm

King Kev wrote:Is our owner about to cheat on us??

[urlnp=http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Manchester-City-owner-Sheikh-Mansour-to-offer-one-billion-euros-for-Real-Madrid/4458/]LINK[/urlnp]
Sheikh Mansour, the owner of Manchester City , has sensationally been linked with a move to buy Real Madrid by Spanish newspaper AS.

The member of the Abu Dhabi royal family has instructed intermediaries to approach Real Madrid president Florentino Perez and a meeting is expected to take place in early 2010.

It was long believed that Spanish clubs such as Real Madrid and Barcelona could not be bought from the fans who own the club.

But, AS points out a statute in the laws governing Real Madrid that open the possibility of "Transformation, merger and extinction of the entity" through a referendum (Article 58) among all share holders.

Reports also suggest that Sheikh Mansour is willing to take on the debts at Real Madrid which would entice many to back the bid.

Sheikh Mansour is the brother of the ruler of Abu Dhabi, he spent over 200 million pounds securing ownership of Manchester City in August 2008.

I am not ruling out a move for Real Madrid by our Chairman but i have never heard of that site, No direct quotes and i just cant see it happening.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:31 pm

He won't be cheating on us, he'll be palming us off to the heighest bidder!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:He won't be cheating on us, he'll be palming us off to the heighest bidder!!!

laff. that was my initial thought...he realizes this is going to be hard work, so buying off the rack wasn't the best option initially.

we shall see.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm shitting myself now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm shitting myself now.

It's obviously bullshit, Real are owned by the fans and all that about a clause where they can all sell to a new single owner i'm sure is bollocks. You honestly think the Sheikh is gonna spend all this money, build that hotel in Abu Dhabi to have us out there every year, sack the manager because we're not doing well enough and then just all of sudden have a change of heart?.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm inclined to agree Goater ... mind he had a change of heart over Leslie didn't he ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:56 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:

It's obviously bullshit, Real are owned by the fans and all that about a clause where they can all sell to a new single owner i'm sure is bollocks. You honestly think the Sheikh is gonna spend all this money, build that hotel in Abu Dhabi to have us out there every year, sack the manager because we're not doing well enough and then just all of sudden have a change of heart?.

This. The article is pure speculation.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby ronk » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Bit early for April Fools.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Yeah its bullshit mate Real are not living upto expectations AGAIN after buying up some of the worlds best players so the papers are going into some sort of panic mode and this is the best they can come up with.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:59 pm

King Kev wrote:Is our owner about to cheat on us??

AS is another longlasting well known....
I would rate likely as a fucking Neapolitan to seat over the U.K. throne (beg the pardon of all those enraged)... lol

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:01 pm

I'm pretty sure that you can't own 2 clubs where it's possible to meet each other in competitive matches anyway (yes, I know we can't meet them yet, but next season, even if we are only in the Europa League then it becomes a possibility).
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:02 pm

Plus AS won't name there "source" which say's it all really. The Sheikh was on our website greeting the players just a month ago with a big fuck off grin on his face, absoloute bollocks of the highest order this is.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Really?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Abu Dhabi » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:17 pm

Biggest! Even bigger than chinners'
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:24 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Plus AS won't name there "source" which say's it all really. The Sheikh was on our website greeting the players just a month ago with a big fuck off grin on his face, absoloute bollocks of the highest order this is.

Really palls, I won't spend any more calory in typing about such shit

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:I'm pretty sure that you can't own 2 clubs where it's possible to meet each other in competitive matches anyway (yes, I know we can't meet them yet, but next season, even if we are only in the Europa League then it becomes a possibility).

It's something like that. I remember sometime in the 90s when Rangers were doing well, there was a serious belief that David Murray would buy us out, however it all went cold when UEFA came out saying that if somebody owns more than one club, then no more than one of those clubs would be allowed to enter European competition. So of course, if we got to Europe, and Rangers did, Murray would've had to choose one club to go to Europe and the other club would forfeit the new season's European jaunts.

However, that was yonks back. I don't know if those rules have been changed.

This article obviously screams out "bollocks", but you have to wonder, if our fabulous Arab overlords did decide to buy Real, then who do you think he would put forward for Euro footy? It sure as hell wouldn't be us lot anyway. Unless it's all just a cunning ploy so he can sell us Kaka for a fiver and a bag of cashews.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ashton287 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:55 pm

BULLSHIT but imagine how the rag's, bbc and sky would love it
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:31 pm

AS must be pretty desperate to find something to write about.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blue in the face » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Ha Ha. take a picture.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Zabba

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum