Coaching Staff?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Coaching Staff?

Postby Guy Debord » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:I have sent a letter into city regarding me joining the coaching staff :)
Well having a look at the defensive and attacking drills that they do and so on and hopefully if they do let me, I can only gather more knowledge and that will help me towards my team that i am coaching and so on.

I have explained a lot more than that in my letter. Infact, Here it is if anyones interested in reading it :)-

Dear staff at Mcfc,

My name is Lewis Screaton. I am 15 years old and i am a life long blue and always will be.

I have previoulsy written to someone called Chris that works for Manchester city in the IT Departement. I sent a message regarding any help that he might be able to give me regarding Work experience down at Manchester city's training ground Carrington. I am a hard working pupil at Altrincham college of arts and i am interested in going into Coaching. I coach a team at my school and i am progressing well with them. And so i feel that if i can go down to carrington and just observe the drills that they do and the defensive and attacking drills and coaching drills and so on then that will no doubt help myself plan lessons for the team that i am coaching and i do feel that by watching a professional club and the club that i support i will get valuable experience and that will help me in my career of becoming a coach/manager. My knowledge of the footballing industry will also increase and that will also help me with my team and pass my knowledge onto them that i have learnt from down at carrington.

I would also be interested in helping out in anyway i can. E.g. Helping them set out the drills, and whatever else that would help the club.

I realise that Manchester city football club is a place of work like any other and if i got the chance to do some work down at carrington i would behave like a mature buisness man and listen and learn while down there. I wouldent act like Manchester city is my club that i support. I would act in a formal manner and remember that it is a place of work.

I believe that everyone should have a chance in life and i am looking for that chance now. The chance that would help kick start my career and i would welcome any further knowledge into my brain. And also, In my early years of being a Manchester City supporter i have believed for a few years now that Manchester City is very much a family club and i do hope that you will give me the chance to work with the first team and help progress my knowledge in the footballing industry.

I thank you for your time and will look forward to your reply.

Regards

Lewis Screaton

Heart-warming stuff. My tip is to get your covering letters reviewed by someone before you send them out. Also, you might want to aim a bit lower. If you started by saying you'd clean the youth teams boots, you might get a foot in. Without qualifications or experience, you have to work your way up.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Re: Coaching Staff?

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:24 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:.

PMSFL - I HAVENT A CLUE WHAT YOU JUST SAID BUT FUCK ME I LAUGHED.

WELCOME TO MANCITYFANS.NET I LIKE YOU ALREADY ![/quote]

I read the thread quite quickly and could have been mistaken: if so apologize.

It seemed to me to understand there was a young lad submitting a job application letter to the forum mates for advices, then followed some solid suggestion and some other quite insane. But indeed i'm just a poor foreigner not a mother tongue poster.[/quote]Yes mate you basically got it, and I also understand what you wanted to say with your previous post (which I do agree with, at least the first part) although you might have missed a couple of more ironic posts not directly related to Blueboylewis asking advice and that might have caused a bit of a misunderstanding, but don't worry ;)[/quote]

please accept my apologizes for that... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum