Ireland determined to heed Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ireland determined to heed Mancini

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Stephen Ireland accepts that everyone has to buy into the new manager’s philosophy quickly if the Blues are to have a successful end to a season that began with so much promise.

Ireland played a major part in the 2-0 Boxing Day win over Stoke that said goodbye to home games in 2009 in style.

“It is really important now that we don’t let the last two home wins go to waste,” he urged.

“The manager has stressed over and over since he arrived that we have to stay switched on and that concentration is vital.

"I think we showed against Stoke that
we had taken that message on board
and it is a good base from which to go
to Wolves and attempt to back up that
result"

“Villa losing and Spurs dropping points at Fulham means that league table has tightened up again and it is time we won away from home again in the league.

“Morale has gone up massively after that win on Saturday and we are looking forward to the game.

“For a first game under a new manager I thought we did well. We were quite comfortable. Everyone had a few question marks about how it might go but we worked hard and everyone was buzzing after the game.”

Mancini will be pleased his words have hit home so early in his reign and will be looking for more of the same at Molineux as the Blues seek three points on the road for the first time since they visited Portsmouth at the end of August.

“It is important that we recover well because it will be another hard game at Wolves. I want us to play in the same style on Monday night,” declared the manager.

"We have momentum on our side but
we have to continue doing the things
we did well against Stoke and I am
sure if we do so then we will keep
improving"

Mancini takes the same squad to Molineux that was on duty at CoMs on Saturday. It will be Kolo Toure’s last for a while as he leaves straight afterwards for the African Cup of Nations.

“Kolo leaves us after Monday night and that is a problem because he is a fantastic player and we have injuries in that position but that is football,” shrugged the manager.

From mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Ireland determined to heed Mancini

Postby King Kev » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:27 pm

I fuclin love Stevie's attitude!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Chinners » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:36 pm

“It is important that we recover well because it will be another hard game at Wolves. I want us to play in the same style on Monday night,” declared the manager.

Oh dear, Leslie used to say the same thing after all our victories under him.*

*Switch Wolves and Monday night for Portsmouth/West Ham etc etc and Saturday/Sunday or Wednesday
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby stinky pete » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:07 pm

ireland wants to have a better game against wolves and get more involved. but then again he plays in a different position every week, he,s best attacking than defending.
stinky pete
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: v kompany

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:43 pm

stinky pete wrote:ireland wants to have a better game against wolves and get more involved. but then again he plays in a different position every week, he,s best attacking than defending.

I thought he looked alot better against Stoke than in recent weeks, he was alowed to roam forward and link up with the forwards, his passing was a joy at times.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum