Elano

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Elano

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:24 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Would of been interesting too see what Mancini could of done with him, I believe he would of been able to get the best out of him and he could of been a very important player in the current side imo.

I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:27 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:Would of been interesting too see what Mancini could of done with him, I believe he would of been able to get the best out of him and he could of been a very important player in the current side imo.

Bollocks

Mancini doesn't carry passengers...it's well documented...and that lazy workshy dressing room disruptor would have no place in Bobbys team

To be fair the only reason he went was because he wanted Hughes out according to Ireland.. With Hughes gone he might have become that great player he was again under Svens regime. I think that's what this topics about mate.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:28 pm

Sister of fu wrote:If Elano was as good as some think on here he would be playing for one of the top teams in Europe, he's not, he's playing in the micky mouse Turkish league and for me that says it all.

He had about 10 decent games in 2 years and took a good pen. That is not a world class player in my book! Good ridance!!

HE MIGHT HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM SIS BUT THE GUY IS ONE OF THE MAIN PLAYERS FOR BRASIL - I THINK THAT CLASSES HIM AS WORLD CLASS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:If Elano was as good as some think on here he would be playing for one of the top teams in Europe, he's not, he's playing in the micky mouse Turkish league and for me that says it all.

He had about 10 decent games in 2 years and took a good pen. That is not a world class player in my book! Good ridance!!

HE MIGHT HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM SIS BUT THE GUY IS ONE OF THE MAIN PLAYERS FOR BRASIL - I THINK THAT CLASSES HIM AS WORLD CLASS.

Agreed and as for a good pen? He never missed one for us did he?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 pm

Vhero wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Nope and he took about 8 all together, he's the best pen taker i've seen, always looked like he was gonna bury it and was always ice cool.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:33 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
Vhero wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Nope and he took about 8 all together, he's the best pen taker i've seen, always looked like he was gonna bury it and was always ice cool.

Exactly I mean its not a reason to keep a player but a player who can always score off a penalty is very helpful especially in a cup game :p.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john68 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You may be right Carl...but we know Robbie is World class...but often, as with Elano, not effective. Who knows if Mancicni could have made him effective. I just hope he can do it for Robbie.
I concur with Lev...that time is gone.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He's fantastic for Brasil and is clearly a very high class player when not handled badly. Brasilians need to feel valued, he felt valued by Sven and people who diss his attitude forget the willingness with which he filled in at right back for Sven when we had an injury crisis. He had a good first season by any standard, even without allowing for his injury during that season. Hughes played him out of position without telling him why, left him feeling like he didn't value him. Early evidence that Hughes cannot work with temperamental flair players. Plenty more evidence followed (Robinho, Ade) and constantly blaming the players for this is irrelevant as we need a manager that CAN work with players with flair and temperament if we are to reach our goals.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He's fantastic for Brasil and is clearly a very high class player when not handled badly. Brasilians need to feel valued, he felt valued by Sven and people who diss his attitude forget the willingness with which he filled in at right back for Sven when we had an injury crisis. He had a good first season by any standard, even without allowing for his injury during that season. Hughes played him out of position without telling him why, left him feeling like he didn't value him. Early evidence that Hughes cannot work with temperamental flair players. Plenty more evidence followed (Robinho, Ade) and constantly blaming the players for this is irrelevant as we need a manager that CAN work with players with flair and temperament if we are to reach our goals.

HEAR HEAR.

I RECKON OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WE WILL SEE A NEW ROBHINO - THAT KIND OF TALENT DOESNT JUST FADE AWAY.
IF THE REPORTS ABOUT MANCINI ARE TRUE THEN I AM SURE HE WILL GET THE BEST OUT OF ROBBIE.

IM CONFIDENT OF THIS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

HEAR HEAR.

I RECKON OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS WE WILL SEE A NEW ROBHINO - THAT KIND OF TALENT DOESNT JUST FADE AWAY.
IF THE REPORTS ABOUT MANCINI ARE TRUE THEN I AM SURE HE WILL GET THE BEST OUT OF ROBBIE.

IM CONFIDENT OF THIS.

Me too Carl, it was one of the main reasons I wanted Mancio as manager as I want this sort of player to thrive at the club. I want us to be the English Barca not Cheski mk II or an upgraded Blackburn...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Vhero » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

HEAR HEAR.

IM CONFIDENT OF THIS.

I been saying the same about Robbie since Mancini took over mate to my mates they agreed we are gonna see more from Robbie now he has a manager who doesn't blame the player for his mistakes.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Too true lads, I think Mancio will give Robson a free role behind behind the front men (his best position) and we will see him reek havoc over the coming months.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Guy Debord » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:35 pm

I loved Elano, but it became apparent that though he had amazing feet, he was severely limited.

If any manager could get the best from him it would have been Sven.

Elano can be filed alongside Kinkladze, great to watch, fan's favourite but ultimately flawed.

That file is still open for Robinho should he fail to get his finger out.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:44 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Bollocks

Mancini doesn't carry passengers...it's well documented...and that lazy workshy dressing room disruptor would have no place in Bobbys team

I'm not having that, the reason he was a passenger was because Hughes couldn't get the best out of him, and when Elano did get a run in team at the end of last season he was one of our best players, and every player who has been asked wheather or not he was a twat in the dressing room have all said it was bollocks. Under Sven Elano was quality and in my book Sven and Mancini share alot of the same quality's, i'm sure Mancini would have found a role for him in our side.

To be fair elano was gash half of svens season. Ireland even had a go at him actually !! He said something like: ''elano had a few good games early on, scored a few free kicks and he got all the praise. After that he was gash and I put in 10 x the effort in every game and still didnt get the recognition I deserved''
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Nick wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Bollocks

I'm not having that, the reason he was a passenger was because Hughes couldn't get the best out of him, and when Elano did get a run in team at the end of last season he was one of our best players, and every player who has been asked wheather or not he was a twat in the dressing room have all said it was bollocks. Under Sven Elano was quality and in my book Sven and Mancini share alot of the same quality's, i'm sure Mancini would have found a role for him in our side.

To be fair elano was gash half of svens season. Ireland even had a go at him actually !! He said something like: ''elano had a few good games early on, scored a few free kicks and he got all the praise. After that he was gash and I put in 10 x the effort in every game and still didnt get the recognition I deserved''

He was injured ffs and then played a range of roles in an injury ravaged team. And find a real quote before you use quotation marks not one you made up or think you remember...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:02 pm

no way would i have him back. lazy, subversive troublemaker. plays one good game in 3 months(hamburg home), then comes out demanding a new contract.

very glad we got rid.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:04 pm

No thanks. We can do better now.

*edit* However it would be interesting to see what Mancini could do with him if he was here.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:49 pm

When it comes to players like Elano i really believe that its more than just being moody. We dont get to see much of the top teams abroad week in week out and there for it tends to be in games like the Champs league, if you can't be at your best then when can you. Another big part of this is the culture, so many come over and really strugle to fit in. We all know what it feels like to be having a bad day/time at work but try having this when you away from friends and family to talk things through or just simlpy go for a bloody pint at the end of the day. This is also the case when some of the top English players whent abroad in the 90's and looked bloody stupid many of which came back with there tails between their legs, not all but most.
The reasons for me pointing these things out is simple really, we are to quick to blame the player as we only see what happens in that 90 mins of football and not what is being done to help to a person that we bring over to play in our way and in our weather. Its great if things go well but it must be bloody horrible for the person if it goes bad.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:56 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:When it comes to players like Elano i really believe that its more than just being moody. We dont get to see much of the top teams abroad week in week out and there for it tends to be in games like the Champs league, if you can't be at your best then when can you. Another big part of this is the culture, so many come over and really strugle to fit in. We all know what it feels like to be having a bad day/time at work but try having this when you away from friends and family to talk things through or just simlpy go for a bloody pint at the end of the day. This is also the case when some of the top English players whent abroad in the 90's and looked bloody stupid many of which came back with there tails between their legs, not all but most.
The reasons for me pointing these things out is simple really, we are to quick to blame the player as we only see what happens in that 90 mins of football and not what is being done to help to a person that we bring over to play in our way and in our weather. Its great if things go well but it must be bloody horrible for the person if it goes bad.

Players like Mark Hughes when he went to Spain you mean? Very good point. Hughes actually spoke about how difficult it was there and that he tries to make sure the players have help to settle. It's a real bloody shame he didn't also understand the emotional needs of players fromdifferent cultures as well as the practical needs.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Guy Debord » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I hate this kind of thing. Brazilians need to feel valued? What, all of them? Is a lack of self-esteem a national trait?
I've been there and they weren't all moping around waiting for a pat on the head. Shite talk.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum