WOLVES v CITY MATCH THREAD (Plus Earlier Games)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WOLVES v CITY MATCH THREAD (Plus Earlier Games)

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:17 pm

blues-clues wrote:the linesman is a little bit lardy!

LOL.... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Just back from the pub in Oslo with the other City fans in the area. Still early, but the optimism and ethusiasm is back. Roberto Mancini is a tactical genius! Roberto Mancini e un genio tattico!
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Garrido is the best free kick taker at City by miles and I am not convinced there is better in the prem! He does that for fun in training.

Was I pleased that Tevez didn't take it.

Of course he is the best in the Prem, he has a 100% record. I only remember him taking 2 and scoring both !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:19 pm

Citizen of Oslo wrote:Just back from the pub in Oslo with the other City fans in the area. Still early, but the optimism and ethusiasm is back. Roberto Mancini is a tactical genius! Roberto Mancini e un genio tattico!

welcome back my friend!
my nick speaks alone on that.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:50 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:
Citizen of Oslo wrote:Just back from the pub in Oslo with the other City fans in the area. Still early, but the optimism and ethusiasm is back. Roberto Mancini is a tactical genius! Roberto Mancini e un genio tattico!

welcome back my friend!

Grazie, mate. I have always had a soft spot for Italy, especially it's northern parts. I started to learn Italian, mine is very limited. But suddenly, on a Saturday just before Christmas, I got lots of new motivation! Always nice to hear from you 'insiders' that propably know more about him than many of us.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:53 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:GARRIDO!!!

YOU BEAUTY! QUALITY FREEKICK! AND A GOOD PLAYER THAT NEEDS MORE OF A CHANCE AND WILL HOPEFULLY GET IT UNDER MANCINI.

Have a look to my starting line-up for tonight, first post of the your topic.... :-)

Cheers Lewis

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:58 pm

Citizen of Oslo wrote:
MANCIO4EVER wrote:

welcome back my friend!

Grazie, mate. I have always had a soft spot for Italy, especially it's northern parts. I started to learn Italian, mine is very limited. But suddenly, on a Saturday just before Christmas, I got lots of new motivation! Always nice to hear from you 'insiders' that propably know more about him than many of us.

Always welcome anytime for any kind of query. When you will plan a trip to portofino to enjoy and improve language, I can easily manage to provide a free accomodation.

Like so much that picture with a personal hero of mine: Sven Goran... :-)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 am

We played a very good game tonight, took the pressure, took our chances, and countered the long ball threat. Every player played for the team again and the subs were spot on, however unpredictable; one scores from a free kick and the other sets up the last, whilst giving so much to the defence.

Great game all round, even without some of our big name players!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:16 am

Slim wrote:
frannylee wrote:tevez off with a couple of minutes left ????? did he take a knock somewhere ??

Rather let him get a round of applause and protect him from a cynical wolves tackle late on.

Sensible post and right one.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:03 am

Svensational wrote:I still cant get my willy to go small after that fine one touch passing move from the Wolves corner

Our possesion had been magnificent before hand and if Tevez had score that chip, well what a fantastic goal that would of been.

And, that isn't the first. Lest not forget the one at home recently which ended with Shaun putting it into the side netting! Soon.......hopefully!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:18 am

Just got back from the game and all I can say is wow, never ever felt worried we would concede and we were again lethel in attack, everything was perfect.

Very very impressed.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby M147WN » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:50 am

xavi6 wrote:What a waste of money!

Not back long and reading through this made me laugh!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby M147WN » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:08 am

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Just got back from the game and all I can say is wow, never ever felt worried we would concede and we were again lethel in attack, everything was perfect.

Very very impressed.

Goat, do you think the fact that there was no 'large' target man available tonight and that we obviously played to the strengths of Carlos means he is relishing the the position as has not been allowed to play since he was at West Ham and this is maybe the way to proceed or maybe with a fully fit squad we have the ability to change the style completely a la injured RSC / Ade?

I'll answer my own question as I'm well into the Christmas scotch now and say that if either of RSC or ADE show the application the whole squad has done under Mancini we have plan A, B, C and probobly D!
Forced to play this way tonight but if needs be able to change it given a fit squad! Now that really exites me!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:20 am

M147WN wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:Just got back from the game and all I can say is wow, never ever felt worried we would concede and we were again lethel in attack, everything was perfect.

Very very impressed.

Goat, do you think the fact that there was no 'large' target man available tonight and that we obviously played to the strengths of Carlos means he is relishing the the position as has not been allowed to play since he was at West Ham and this is maybe the way to proceed or maybe with a fully fit squad we have the ability to change the style completely a la injured RSC / Ade?

I'll answer my own question as I'm well into the Christmas scotch now and say that if either of RSC or ADE show the application the whole squad has done under Mancini we have plan A, B, C and probobly D!
Forced to play this way tonight but if needs be able to change it given a fit squad! Now that really exites me!

From what I saw tonight mate it's almost as if Carlos is a target man in himself, he is such a strong player for his height and size and the way he holds the ball up when were are under pressure is world-class, he also free's shit loads of space up for the likes of Bellamy and Robinho when he's on.

To answer your origanal question, I think that when we play the likes of Wolves away we will just stick with the 4-4-2 and move Bellamy out wide and drop most proberly Petrov to acomadate either RSC or Adebayor, as you said it's a brilliant problem to have. One thing is for sure though, RSC and Ade are going to have to work very hard to get a place in the side with the way the current boys are playing. Also I think the fact Bellamy played so well tonight made it easier for Carlos to play to his full strengths because Bellamy was pulling there right back and centre-half all over the place, which, as I said free'd up alot of space for Tevez who being such a world-class talent fully used the space and time on the ball to punish Wolves.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:39 pm

M147WN wrote:

Very very impressed.

He is used to change styles during a match as well as turning players position: so, even if not asked for my opinion, the answer is definitely YES, we will have contingency plans.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:53 pm

edge275 wrote:Mancini has really changed the game since changing to 4-4-2.

That was the changing point, once we did that we we're all over them for practicly the whole match and they were lucky to only conceede 3. This is what I like about Mancini, he sees that something isn't working and he changes it, 5 minutes laster we've scored.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:22 pm

We need to make a few changes at half time.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Raza having a good game so far.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum