Bellamy, MOTD say offside, SKY say not

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy, MOTD say offside, SKY say not

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:51 am

johnpb78 wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:On a sidenote, I thought the linesman was a little overweight. He regularly struggled to keep up with play.

This is not a slight on the man himself, but up against someone like Bellamy? He doesn't stand a chance!

I think you are being kind, he was in fact a slow fat cunt

Thanks for putting me straight there.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:52 am

Well ....................

If offside would have been given by the referee...........

we still would have won 2-0 :-)))
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:52 am

Svensational wrote:Just been watching match choice on football first and Sky were saying he was offside sooo?!

The wolves defender was on the halfway line and Bellamy was in their half, so technically yeah he was offside?

But who the fuck cares, Craddock headed it kept it in open play, we got a free kick and Garrido smashed it home......WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GET FUCKING NAKED....

Although it was started by the Bellamy incident, and am quite clearly happy with the decision that was given on this occasion.......

What I am asking is do you understand the rule, and why Bellamy was judged onside when he clearly wasnt
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:55 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Question: If the defender had headed it to a Wolves player, would this question be asked?

No, because it would've been irrelevent, but he still would've been offside. He would've been offside but not interfering with play so therefore no action is taken.

Counter question: if the defender didn't head the ball would he have been offside? Yes, if he'd have gone for the ball and interfered with play.

Counter question x2: if Bellamy had been a few steps back and onside initially would he have reached the ball he received? Most probably as as at that time he was definately onside and was up with play

These are the rules of the game
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:55 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:On a sidenote, I thought the linesman was a little overweight. He regularly struggled to keep up with play.

This is not a slight on the man himself, but up against someone like Bellamy? He doesn't stand a chance!

I think you are being kind, he was in fact a slow fat cunt

Thanks for putting me straight there.

You will end up labelled a ref-licker if you dont advocate hanging and flogging of poor referees/assistants
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum