Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Joe Hart

Postby Beeks » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:43 pm

Just watching the highlights of the stoke game...he made some top class saves...Love Given but would be a shame to let him go to the brummies...is there no room for 2 world class keepers here?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Joe Hart

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:48 pm

If it was me i'd let him sign for Birmingham BUT.....Make sure 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% we have first buy back option and let him leave for a nominal fee to make sure it happens and have it written into any deal.
I want Joe to be our number one in years to come but dont want him sat in the bench and for me Shay would start every time at this moment despite Joe's fantastic form.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:49 pm

Simple answer is no as both want first team football.

Can we keep hold of Hart? I doubt it cos Given has at least 4 more years at the top. Given is a better keeper though.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:49 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Just watching the highlights of the stoke game...he made some top class saves...Love Given but would be a shame to let him go to the brummies...is there no room for 2 world class keepers here?

Would be tempted to let him go on loan for another season, he is doing brilliant, and wouldnt want to let him go permanently

Having said that, Ben Foster did the same for Watford - was fucking amazing, David James for us too - you will always look better in a team who are defensively poor and you are on your toes much of the time, but its the concentration that maybe wanders when in a decent team - as David James for england, and Ben Watson for the munichs can testify.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:54 pm

The answer is no! We've all known for a while that Joe will be the next England number 1 if he's given the chance, and now he has it, he has proved his worth. He is proving to be by and far the best English keeper, but he is still a bit naive when it comes to contolling the back 4.

Capello has got a real problem.........stick with his current selections (?) or bring the best young English goalkeeper into the fold!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:57 pm

Just loan him out to Brum again next season. He's contracted here for years yet, so if we dont want to sell him, we wont.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby edge275 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:59 pm

Increase his wages to an amount that Brum can't match and loan him out again.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby blues-clues » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:01 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Just watching the highlights of the stoke game...he made some top class saves...Love Given but would be a shame to let him go to the brummies...is there no room for 2 world class keepers here?

both are great shot stoppers - but I am not convinced either deserves the accolade of world class and Hart has further to go to earn it. Neither really gives his defenders confidence in the area.

Dont think we can keep both of them happy until Shay retires so we have to stick with the best at the end of the season by which time JH will be looking for us to make a decision on his future one way or the other.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:03 am

blues-clues wrote: I am not convinced either deserves the accolade of world class and Hart has further to go to earn it. Neither really gives his defenders confidence in the area.

Eh? You been on the christmas sherry?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:09 am

lets all have a disco wrote:If it was me i'd let him sign for Birmingham BUT.....Make sure 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% we have first buy back option and let him leave for a nominal fee to make sure it happens and have it written into any deal.
I want Joe to be our number one in years to come but dont want him sat in the bench and for me Shay would start every time at this moment despite Joe's fantastic form.

sounds like the best idea so far
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blues-clues » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:11 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
blues-clues wrote: I am not convinced either deserves the accolade of world class and Hart has further to go to earn it. Neither really gives his defenders confidence in the area.

bleaurrrrrgghhhh

No cant stand the stuff.

Schmeichel set the standard of a world class all round keeper. Given is a great shot stopper but he is weak on crosses and his distribution is poor. Hart is not as good as Given yet but is in a similar vein, good shot stopper but not the finished article by any stretch of the imagination. Petr Cech is a shaddow of his former self so Given is now among those touted as best in the PL but is not as good as Cech was before his skull was cracked.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:12 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

As good as they both are, they are similar in terms of standing on their line.

Hart was always criticised here for the way he flapped on occasions.

They are both relatively poor (eg compared to James/Schmeichel) when it comes to being commanding with set pieces and crosses
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:18 am

Just one big difference between Hart and Given is one-on-ones. Hart comes out with his legs so wide strikers always seem to nutmeg him for an easy goal. Given rushes out and sort does a kinda ice-hockey keeper type thing with his legs and blocks most one-on-ones.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:26 am

The future is Joe Hart not Given. No way should City allow Joe to leave the club.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:34 am

zuricity wrote:The future is Joe Hart not Given. No way should City allow Joe to leave the club.

HE SIGNED FOR 4 YEARS A YEAR AGO SO WE WILL ONLY PROBABLY GET AWAY WITH ANOTHER YEARS LOAN FOR HIM...........
BUT YOUR RIGHT - WE CANT LET HIM GO, HE FAR TOO VALUABLE.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 am

Svensational wrote:Oh theres definatley room, but he wouldnt remain world class if he was sat on the bench!?

Such a shame really as his past 3 games hes been outstanding.

It's called competition, hughes even said in the summer he wanted two top (class) players competing for every position. It will cetainly give Given a kick up the ass if joe is hanging around next season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:11 am

I think it's doing him the world of good being on loan. He was fucking awful earlier in the season but now his mistakes are getting fewer & his saves are getting better. Another year of it should tell us if he's ready to challenge Shay. At the moment, he's not.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 am

Interesting one this, it's a tough one for Joe as Shay is only going to get better and has at least another 5 years left in him imo. If he's happy to stay on loan at Brum for a few years he will come back here as a top class keeper i'm certain, however wheather he has the patience to keep being farmed out is a completley different matter. I do think he may want to move on to Brum full time at one point because he's obviously having a great time there.

Hope not though.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aaron bond » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:55 am

He should definitely not be sold. Make it clear to him that if he progresses as he has been, he'll have a big future at the club.

Very few keepers his age get to play in the Prem so he should use this experience to the full. If we loan him out for next season also, by the time he comes back, we'll be established as one of the best teams in the Prem. That's a great incentive for the lad.

Why would he want to sign for Brum full time when he could be playing Champs League footy with us in a couple of years?

(That is, of course, providing he is good enough for us then!)
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:56 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Just loan him out to Brum again next season. He's contracted here for years yet, so if we dont want to sell him, we wont.

Agree. Just tell him (a lie then if it's not true) that he will be our no.1 in the future and you'll be the one making saves in Chumps Lge finals in a few years.. But until that you just can go on loan and stop shots at Brum or wherever shit Prem team you like.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum