Chelsea Lose £45 Mil... And Write Off A Further 340

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chelsea Lose £45 Mil... And Write Off A Further 340

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:28 am

MANCIO4EVER wrote:
gillie wrote:What pisses me off about Platini's plans are that before we were taken over by the Sheikh he never voiced his alarm at clubs operating outside there means.It is so biased against us it's laughable really and no i dont think i am wrong in thinking it's anti City i know it's anti City the french bastard never raised this when the scum were going into the red by a cool billion only when we get taken over by one of the wealthiest men in the world.SHIT SCARED THE LOT OF THEM!

I would not mind very much on on Platini's plans about Club's finance: this kind of things along UEFA history are nowhere landing, as traditional big clubs (like Barca, RM, Milan, Inter) will never deflect from their market's behaviour and, on the other hand, is even senseless to immagine a CL if those Clubs decide to strike: Platini is well aware of that. It is just political show off to accomplish the votes from lower legues's countries.

It is far more Platini responding to the demands of the like of Scum, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea - supported by the main clubs in Europe such as RM - they have been discussing this for a long time - specifically aimed at CITY and certain to come in (IMO)

The move by Roman just goes to prove what Socrates has been saying - and hints at the timetable - also - as Soc has been saying - this year is our chance to get ahead of the timetable by getting into Liverpool's CL slot - Liverpool will then become a yesterday team - therefore top 4 is ahead of CC for me this season
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:32 am

zuricity wrote:
john68 wrote:The major problem that UeFA have, is that it is the cartel clubs, their financial interests and their hegemony that are pushing this.
It effectively stops new money coming through and competing with them and cements their position as the main recipients of the very big bucks.

Remember it was the cartel's threat to break away from the European Cup some years ago that led to the present design of the CL. The financial restructuring has handed thr rags approx £350M (possibly more) over recent years and has guaranteed them a place in the competition....UNTIL THE LIKES OF CITY CAME ALONG.
They see City and any clubs like us as a threat to their position and need to stop us.

So now it's time to break the cartel. simple . That's what the EU is for and they can do i if necessary.

Do not want to go into lots of detail again - but in summary (from someone who has operated in business transactions under EU regulations worth £billions) - there is nothing here for the EU regulations to be concerned with - this is not anti-competition in a way that would interest them - simple fact - and the Bosman issue was entirely different

I admire Soc for his determination in trying to get across to people the simple fact that: THE EU REGULATIONS WILL IN NO WAY HELP US IN THE ISSUE OF PLATINI'S PLANS!!!!!!! - THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT!!!!
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:31 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
zuricity wrote:
john68 wrote:The major problem that UeFA have, is that it is the cartel clubs, their financial interests and their hegemony that are pushing this.
It effectively stops new money coming through and competing with them and cements their position as the main recipients of the very big bucks.

Remember it was the cartel's threat to break away from the European Cup some years ago that led to the present design of the CL. The financial restructuring has handed thr rags approx £350M (possibly more) over recent years and has guaranteed them a place in the competition....UNTIL THE LIKES OF CITY CAME ALONG.
They see City and any clubs like us as a threat to their position and need to stop us.

So now it's time to break the cartel. simple . That's what the EU is for and they can do i if necessary.

Do not want to go into lots of detail again - but in summary (from someone who has operated in business transactions under EU regulations worth £billions) - there is nothing here for the EU regulations to be concerned with - this is not anti-competition in a way that would interest them - simple fact - and the Bosman issue was entirely different

I admire Soc for his determination in trying to get across to people the simple fact that: THE EU REGULATIONS WILL IN NO WAY HELP US IN THE ISSUE OF PLATINI'S PLANS!!!!!!! - THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT!!!!

So if we play a game in Abu Dhabi & get paid £100M for it or get sponsored by 20 companies from Abu Dhabi for £5M per year or have a contract with Abu Dhabi TV worth £100M per year or our players get paid £5M each time they make a personal appearence there or the Sheikh gives us an interest free loan for 1 Bn payable at £1M per year or buys 10 special private boxes at £10 M per year each or signs players for AbuDhabi Utd then sells/loans them to us for 10% of their wages etc etc etc & Platini changes the law each & every time in order to stop us, it will be perfectly legal for him to stop us whilst everyone else is effectively doing the same thing?

I can see us challenging that with some half decent lawyers.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bluez » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:33 am

Socrates wrote:People who find this boring don't need to read it but it is the biggest singleissue facing our club and is something those with a brain cannot ignore. Debt in itself does not seem to form part of the equation, as long as it is from commercial sources and is successfully serviced from the turnover. Ground redevelopment would not count either as it is capital expenditure. Two things a rich owner can still do if these proposals come to fruition are 1) develop their ground and 2) spend as much as they like on their Academy.

Surely this is the most important detail? How is this calculated? If you need champions league football to service the debt, then surely it should be considered unserviceable? What UEFA considers legitimate income shouldn't be allowed to include presumed prize money. Otherwise At the moment Liverpool would be "ok" yet if they miss CL football they would be right in teh shit next year, so how would teh new rules help if they are allowed to include future CL income on the predicted balance sheet which will be used to pay off future installments on debt.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:40 am

Bluez wrote:
Socrates wrote:People who find this boring don't need to read it but it is the biggest singleissue facing our club and is something those with a brain cannot ignore. Debt in itself does not seem to form part of the equation, as long as it is from commercial sources and is successfully serviced from the turnover. Ground redevelopment would not count either as it is capital expenditure. Two things a rich owner can still do if these proposals come to fruition are 1) develop their ground and 2) spend as much as they like on their Academy.

Surely this is the most important detail? How is this calculated? If you need champions league football to service the debt, then surely it should be considered unserviceable? What UEFA considers legitimate income shouldn't be allowed to include presumed prize money. Otherwise At the moment Liverpool would be "ok" yet if they miss CL football they would be right in teh shit next year, so how would teh new rules help if they are allowed to include future CL income on the predicted balance sheet which will be used to pay off future installments on debt.

Imo it's a typical UEFA/Platini pile of pink elephant shite & they'll end up getting the absolute piss taken out of them if they bring it in. Platini will end up out of a job.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:47 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

So if we play a game in Abu Dhabi & get paid £100M for it or get sponsored by 20 companies from Abu Dhabi for £5M per year or have a contract with Abu Dhabi TV worth £100M per year or our players get paid £5M each time they make a personal appearence there or the Sheikh gives us an interest free loan for 1 Bn payable at £1M per year or buys 10 special private boxes at £10 M per year each or signs players for AbuDhabi Utd then sells/loans them to us for 10% of their wages etc etc etc & Platini changes the law each & every time in order to stop us, it will be perfectly legal for him to stop us whilst everyone else is effectively doing the same thing?

If we do that - then we fall foul of the planned Platini rules - they include a 'judgement panel' that will ensure that there is no way for rich owners to introduce funds from such methods - they do not need PROOF - it is a judgement panel and if their judgement is that the revenue is in fact funds from the Sheik - then it is 'counted against us'

Lots of people post ideas of how we can do / that to squirm out of it - UeFA have lawyers looking into it now to ensure that they have all the options under their control - they will have thought of all the exotic ways of circumventing - and their last resort is - a judgement panel - and you can be sure that Platini will influence judgements

Soc's gets dismissed on this subject as if he if doing some 'conspiracy theory' - he is in fact bang on - and yes it is a conspiracy between a number of clubs - the old G14 and they have invited Chelsea to join - the clock is ticking

I actually think that if we make it this year (CL) and stay there next year at scouse expense - they will let scouse whither on the vine - but we need to get there
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:48 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I agree entirely with your sentiment.

As i see it the only thing EUFA really needs to do is to mandate that the revenues that each team receives from the CL and Europa league should be combined and made available to all teams in the PL . That way United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool upto now would not be better off than the rest of the PL. Obviously their costs need to be met, but pure profit from the EUFA competitions should go to the league and not the teams involved.

Then it really doesn't matter how each league sets it's busniess stall out.

All the rest is what ifs and buts etc.

simply make the playing field level for all teams and not those that qualify for Europe.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:55 am

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
zuricity wrote:

I agree entirely with your sentiment.

As i see it the only thing EUFA really needs to do is to mandate that the revenues that each team receives from the CL and Europa league should be combined and made available to all teams in the PL . That way U***d, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool upto now would not be better off than the rest of the PL. Obviously their costs need to be met, but pure profit from the EUFA competitions should go to the league and not the teams involved.

Then it really doesn't matter how each league sets it's busniess stall out.

All the rest is what ifs and buts etc.

simply make the playing field level for all teams and not those that qualify for Europe.

That's what they WOULD do if they were genuinely interested in balance/fairness within football but of course we know that's not true don't we? It's all about protecting the cartel. Imo they won't get away with it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:31 am

Roman has plouged this money into Chelski to pay less tax on money he has to declare and Platini and his bum chums can have as many grand and noble ideas they want about financial fairness but when it comes to implementing them he wont be able to do it.
Do people think that Platini can stop people earning money legally because they are in legal debt.
Rag_hater

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Roman has plouged this money into Chelski to pay less tax on money he has to declare and Platini and his bum chums can have as many grand and noble ideas they want about financial fairness but when it comes to implementing them he wont be able to do it.
Do people think that Platini can stop people earning money legally because they are in legal debt.

You are still missing the point - commercial debt is allowed under the proposals as long as the interest payments are covered by income in the same way as player wages and other non-capital expenses (Academy excluded) are. It is non-commercial debt/income that will not be permitted - that is money from rich owners. It's not aimed just at us but at clubs like us. It's just the extent of our resources that has given them a wake up call. What makes it all the more likely to come about is the fact that it entrenches the positions of Champions League clubs in smaller countries too and therefore has much wider support than it should have.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:13 pm

Socrates wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Roman has plouged this money into Chelski to pay less tax on money he has to declare and Platini and his bum chums can have as many grand and noble ideas they want about financial fairness but when it comes to implementing them he wont be able to do it.

You are still missing the point - commercial debt is allowed under the proposals as long as the interest payments are covered by income in the same way as player wages and other non-capital expenses (Academy excluded) are. It is non-commercial debt/income that will not be permitted - that is money from rich owners. It's not aimed just at us but at clubs like us. It's just the extent of our resources that has given them a wake up call. What makes it all the more likely to come about is the fact that it entrenches the positions of Champions League clubs in smaller countries too and therefore has much wider support than it should have.

Its just a game of politics being played by Platini so he gets more people to vote for him.By proposing what seems common sense to the poorer clubs and everboby else.However in the real world of finance where such large sums of money are involved he cant change a thing.He might introduce a few rules that do nothing and save his face a little but as for implementing financial fairness he will never be able to make it law.Anyway we have no debt so income streams are a simple matter of accounting.I think 2012 is the date Platini has given to make this happen.I'm pretty sure nothing will have changed by then but we will just have to wait and see as there is little any of us can do except watch what the Sheikhs lawyers do when they are confronted with this challenge.
Rag_hater

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:25 pm

Once we become 'the establishment', the whole view will be different.

As for Chelsea I dont think it's too complicated. They always had this massive debt underwritten by Roman. Just switched it around a bit so it looks better!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:10 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Its just a game of politics being played by Platini so he gets more people to vote for him.By proposing what seems common sense to the poorer clubs and everboby else.However in the real world of finance where such large sums of money are involved he cant change a thing.He might introduce a few rules that do nothing and save his face a little but as for implementing financial fairness he will never be able to make it law.Anyway we have no debt so income streams are a simple matter of accounting.I think 2012 is the date Platini has given to make this happen.I'm pretty sure nothing will have changed by then but we will just have to wait and see as there is little any of us can do except watch what the Sheikhs lawyers do when they are confronted with this challenge.

There's no point revisiting this argument with you as you have made your mind up what it is about and clearly either haven't read, or don't understand, the proposals. It has nothing to do with debt or financial fairness. It may not come into force until 2012 but will be based on prior year accounts, that's 2011 - next season. There is nothing lawyers can do about it. The Sheikh has already accepted the reality. That's why he accelerated the player spending last summer. That's why he changed the targets for Hughes. That's why he announced £500m of future spending on the Academy.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Socrates wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Socrates wrote:

There's no point revisiting this argument with you as you have made your mind up what it is about and clearly either haven't read, or don't understand, the proposals. It has nothing to do with debt or financial fairness. It may not come into force until 2012 but will be based on prior year accounts, that's 2011 - next season. There is nothing lawyers can do about it. The Sheikh has already accepted the reality. That's why he accelerated the player spending last summer. That's why he changed the targets for Hughes. That's why he announced £500m of future spending on the Academy.

So the Sheikh has already taken care of it ,so wheres the problem.If he has spent what he was gonna already on our team and announced the expenditure on the Academy nothing can be or has been done about it.Platini is to late as you say yourself we have already spent it and if its based on next years acconnts we can spend oodles next year aswell.
Rag_hater

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Socrates wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Socrates wrote:

IF THIS GOES AHEAD AND CLUBS LIKE OURS CANNOT GET IN DUE TO THE "RULES" ECT, ID LIKE TO SEE HOW PATHETIC IT WOULD LOOK LIKE WHEN WE WIN THE PREM YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

THAT WOULD MAKE THE NEW RULES FUCKIGN STUPID AND EMBARRASING.

HOW CAN YOU HAVE A COMP THAT DOESNT INCLUDE THE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS.

IT WILL BE A FARCE.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:35 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Socrates wrote:

So the Sheikh has already taken care of it ,so wheres the problem.If he has spent what he was gonna already on our team and announced the expenditure on the Academy nothing can be or has been done about it.Platini is to late as you say yourself we have already spent it and if its based on next years acconnts we can spend oodles next year aswell.

He's doing all he can about it. Not the same as having taken care of it! And if it's based on next years accounts we cannot spend next year as that spending would be in next years accounts...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
IF THIS GOES AHEAD AND CLUBS LIKE OURS CANNOT GET IN DUE TO THE "RULES" ECT, ID LIKE TO SEE HOW PATHETIC IT WOULD LOOK LIKE WHEN WE WIN THE PREM YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT.

THAT WOULD MAKE THE NEW RULES FUCKIGN STUPID AND EMBARRASING.

HOW CAN YOU HAVE A COMP THAT DOESNT INCLUDE THE LEAGUE CHAMPIONS.

IT WILL BE A FARCE.

wouldn't happen Carl, they will have to adjust the spending to stay within the rules simple as that - if that wasn't the plan then they wouldn't have entered into the mad rush last summer...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:39 pm

People (understandably) still get hooked on WHAT SHOULD BE FAIR - I am with this as well - but it is just not the reality of the position

Platini has canvassed the old G14 clubs to gain their 'INPUT' - he has needed to bring forward proposals that will not adversely impact the old cartel - clubs - therefore it is simply the opposite of fair!!!! - but that is the hand being dealt - as an example Platini has been quite explicit that the massive debt of this scum is not only not a problem - but indeed absolutely fine. The proposition is that if your turnover is big enough to support the payment of interest on a massive loan then that is no problem - SO LONG AS THIS LOAN COMES FROM A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION SUCH AS A BANK - but you cannot count as revenue funds from 'BENEFACTORS' - and all revenue that is considered to be directly or INDIRECTLY (Like 100m for a box / special game etc) in the eyes of the JUDGEMENT PANEL

Guys - wake up - smell the coffee!!!!

1/ This is real

2/ This has been developed over a period - by Platini under the cartel direction

3/ t is interest driven - by Platini to avoid further break-away threat - which has been put to him by the cartel

4/ It is interest driven - by the old cartel members - a number of who have business models that would see them go under without CL revenues

5/ There is almost total support from across Europe's top clubs - they almost all benefit

6/ The world is not FAIR when there are billions at stake - this is major commercial establishments protecting their business positions - not some idealist 'best team wins' set of principles - there has been a de-facto break away league for years - hence the total compromise of the UeFA cup just to make sure that those that drop out of CL still earn revenue
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:46 pm

Socrates wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Socrates wrote:

He's doing all he can about it. Not the same as having taken care of it! And if it's based on next years accounts we cannot spend next year as that spending would be in next years accounts...

Why cant we spend next year?One minute you say its based on next years spending then its not.What rules are in place that say we cannot spend next year.None.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:People (understandably) still get hooked on WHAT SHOULD BE FAIR - I am with this as well - but it is just not the reality of the position

Platini has canvassed the old G14 clubs to gain their 'INPUT' - he has needed to bring forward proposals that will not adversely impact the old cartel - clubs - therefore it is simply the opposite of fair!!!! - but that is the hand being dealt - as an example Platini has been quite explicit that the massive debt of this scum is not only not a problem - but indeed absolutely fine. The proposition is that if your turnover is big enough to support the payment of interest on a massive loan then that is no problem - SO LONG AS THIS LOAN COMES FROM A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION SUCH AS A BANK - but you cannot count as revenue funds from 'BENEFACTORS' - and all revenue that is considered to be directly or INDIRECTLY (Like 100m for a box / special game etc) in the eyes of the JUDGEMENT PANEL

Guys - wake up - smell the coffee!!!!

1/ This is real

2/ This has been developed over a period - by Platini under the cartel direction

3/ t is interest driven - by Platini to avoid further break-away threat - which has been put to him by the cartel

4/ It is interest driven - by the old cartel members - a number of who have business models that would see them go under without CL revenues

5/ There is almost total support from across Europe's top clubs - they almost all benefit

6/ The world is not FAIR when there are billions at stake - this is major commercial establishments protecting their business positions - not some idealist 'best team wins' set of principles - there has been a de-facto break away league for years - hence the total compromise of the UeFA cup just to make sure that those that drop out of CL still earn revenue

You mentioned earlier a 'panel' which will decide that the Sheikh is not allowed to use various companies to help sponsor us. This is where I firmly believe the shit will hit the fan. A panel that basically goes round stopping us from having investment, whilst allowing others to have huge debts will be challenged. I don't believe for one second that these blokes will succeed IF the sheikh decides he wants to invest a lot more money in City. What if his brother has a company that sponsors us for instance? Some bloke just says 'oh you can't' do that? Madrid, Milan etc are up to their necks in this kind of shit how can they be let off?

Also, do the governments of the EU really want that power crazed, machevelian little twat putting off the state of Abu Dhabi from investing in European projects? Really? Isn't he buying up half of East Manchester as we speak?

The Sheikh may of course decide we don't need to challenge it as we're busy taking over the world's academy system & if this rule was to come in, you'd get several years grace to balance the books anyway so they may all end up waiting for scraps from our academies but if he wants to invest & they try to stop him I recon there'll be trouble.

The PL have already said it's a load of unworkable bollocks & Khaldoon has already said words to that effect so I'm wondering why people are so sure it's coming in anyway. Of course Platini can always say to the cartel: "I tried" & get re elected.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum