JOE HART NOT FOR SALE

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

JOE HART NOT FOR SALE

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:21 am

BIRMINGHAM have been told they cannot sign goalkeeper Joe Hart on a permanent deal.

Hart is at Birmingham on loan until the end of the season, but Manchester City have refused to turn that into a £5 million transfer.

“City will take Joe Hart back at the end of the season,” said Birmingham boss Alex McLeish.

“There is no chance of us signing him. We asked the question and they said that won’t happen.” Birmingham’s surge into the Premier League’s top eight will also save owner Carson Yeung money.

Yeung had promised £40m to spend this month, but McLeish now says that he does not need it.

“We are in a position now where I don’t have to spend anywhere near the money mentioned when the new owners came in,” said McLeish.

from express.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: JOE HART NOT FOR SALE

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:49 am

Good!, Joe Hart will be a quality keeper for us in the years to come!.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Typical City » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:27 am

I've said as if all along to these rumours. Shay as good as he is aint no spring chicken and joe is superb. I said joe by the way... with the all important E!
Typical City
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Vhero » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:47 am

Typical City wrote:I've said as if all along to these rumours. Shay as good as he is aint no spring chicken and joe is superb. I said joe by the way... with the all important E!

My thoughts exactly mate :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby colonel_muck » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:05 pm

good news i like Joe, but Given has got a good few years in him yet and given that goalkeepers generally can keep producing quality into their late 30s, i wouldn't be surprised if Hart did eventually get restless and asked to leave in search of regular football, which is really what he deserves anyway.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Vhero » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Svensational wrote:I think they should extend the loan and keep him next year too. The way hes going Im sure Capello is very impressed without a doubt!

I don't see why we can't keep the loan going it would be the best for both parties in reality as they don't have to fork over transfer fees then. Well saying that they paid 1 million to have him for this year so no doubt we will probably ask the same for next or even more.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:36 pm

How refreshing to hear a manager syaing that he doesn't need to spend big money. I know it's a way of praising himself,
but McLeish has really done a good job at Brum and deserves to be a bit cocky about it.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Do you not think he is shootin himself in the foot Nooly?

Why limit yourself?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby colonel_muck » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:53 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Do you not think he is shootin himself in the foot Nooly?

Why limit yourself?

at the end of the day the team he already had have stepped up brilliantly when they heard the news of a takeover. unlike a lot of our players when we were taken over who just seemed to accept they were going to be sold and didn't try and make anyone change their minds. fair play to the birmingham players. their first eleven deserves to stay the first eleven. the problem of course, is depth. can you bring in 'depth' or do you have to bring in players who get into the first team and push members of the previous first team on to the bench. difficult for mcleish. wouldn't it be funny if they grabbed fourth? while we win the league obviously
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Brum have stepped up in the way I had thought (wrongly) that we would last September

Re Joe - this is all good management from us - Shay has been marvellous - Joe has grown capability and confidence and he is still young and our player
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby dazby » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:24 am

This pleases me. I love our Joe.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ronk » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:35 am

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Do you not think he is shootin himself in the foot Nooly?

Why limit yourself?

It's not money that will disappear if not used up. Any money spent is using up savings/getting a loan. It has to be spent well.

This transfer window is setting up to be a very quiet one. I could be wrong but there's just so little happening. I think many teams (and players) are going to hang on and see what happens at the World Cup.

There's no point in splashing cash big time if it puts you in a Portsmouth style mess later.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:42 am

mr_nool wrote:How refreshing to hear a manager syaing that he doesn't need to spend big money. I know it's a way of praising himself,
but McLeish has really done a good job at Brum and deserves to be a bit cocky about it.

I agree. He deserves all the praise he gets. I haven't seen team with higher workrate in Premier League since Everton finished fourth.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:03 am

Wise decision to keep Hart here, loan him again next season, and the following one, but not sell him, he's going to be our future once Shay retires.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Blue in the face » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Whats the deal with Joe's contract? How long has it to go?

If he wants first team football, which I'm sure he does, then he will no way re-sign with us.

His dilemma is, stay wih City on the bench (or on loan away) and wait for the future success we will get, or move to a new team and therefore a chance to play for England.
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum