Jo Suspended By Everton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Jo Suspended By Everton

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:43 pm

King Kev wrote:
King Kev wrote:I alos agree with this.

ONe day we are reading that Moyes wants to send him back to us, then a few days later they supend him for going home and we see Moyes on TV saying that Jo left them at a busy time of the season... whilst ignoring that the player is injred anyway!

I have also been a bit surprised at the level of vitriol aimed at the player in this thread. What has he done to deserve this?

Fucl, I seem to have lost the ability to type!! :o(

Dan what have you done with KK?! Bring him back now!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Wooders wrote:this is all seems a little convenient to me
I alos agree with this.

ONe day we are reading that Moyes wants to send him back to us, then a few days later they supend him for going home and we see Moyes on TV saying that Jo left them at a busy time of the season... whilst ignoring that the player is injred anyway!

I have also been a bit surprised at the level of vitriol aimed at the player in this thread. What has he done to deserve this?

People don't like his body language mate. They think he might try to bumfuck them when they aren't looking...

I don't like the fact that he was completely shite, Benjani, Vassell, Samaras and Caicedo all contributed more and got similar levels of vitoral so why should he escape considering he was the supposedly most valuable and talented one of the lot?

That and going clubbing while being off sick makes him a bag of wank.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Socrates » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:
I alos agree with this.

People don't like his body language mate. They think he might try to bumfuck them when they aren't looking...

I don't like the fact that he was completely shite, Benjani, Vassell, Samaras and Caicedo all contributed more and got similar levels of vitoral so why should he escape considering he was the supposedly most valuable and talented one of the lot?

He reported for training unfit and had to be sent home, same crime Richard Dunne committed while still slightly older. The vitriol goes way beyond that aimed at most other players, save perhaps Samaras, even though the one game he was played in something like his proper position he was an integral part of a 6-0 win. People coming on again and again saying how much they hated him because he "flounced about." Quite clear to me that his problem with the fans stems from the impression that he is probably gay...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
King Kev wrote:
King Kev wrote:I alos agree with this.

Fucl, I seem to have lost the ability to type!! :o(

Dan what have you done with KK?! Bring him back now!
Ha ha, brilliant! :o)
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I don't like the fact that he was completely shite, Benjani, Vassell, Samaras and Caicedo all contributed more and got similar levels of vitoral so why should he escape considering he was the supposedly most valuable and talented one of the lot?

I'm not sure that he is 'completely shite' but even if he was why would that make people dislike him so much? Berti was shite but the fans seemed to love him!

As for going clubbing whilst being off sick, what about our very own Michael Johnson? By all accounts (including regular updates from Nick) he is out til all hours most nights of the week!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:09 pm

King Kev wrote:
As for going clubbing whilst being off sick, what about our very own Michael Johnson? By all accounts (including regular updates from Nick) he is out til all hours most nights of the week!

I think that because Johnno cannot play due to his injuries, he will not get his win bonus' and that is a serious amount of dosh to miss out on. He is obviously moonlighting as a taxi driver.

Back OT, I cannot remember Jo putting in a good 90, 60, 30 (delete as appropriate) minutes for us since he has been here. He lacks the quality for prem league footy IMO.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:33 pm

King Kev wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:I don't like the fact that he was completely shite, Benjani, Vassell, Samaras and Caicedo all contributed more and got similar levels of vitoral so why should he escape considering he was the supposedly most valuable and talented one of the lot?

I'm not sure that he is 'completely shite' but even if he was why would that make people dislike him so much? Berti was shite but the fans seemed to love him!

for me what pisses me off most about Jo is exact opposite to what pissed me off with likes of Vassell and Samaras. They were just poor players but still kept on trying. Jo is actually hugely talented footballes who simply isn't bothered. That, for me, is the biggest sin in any player.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Socrates wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:
I alos agree with this.

He reported for training unfit and had to be sent home, same crime Richard Dunne committed while still slightly older. The vitriol goes way beyond that aimed at most other players, save perhaps Samaras, even though the one game he was played in something like his proper position he was an integral part of a 6-0 win. People coming on again and again saying how much they hated him because he "flounced about." Quite clear to me that his problem with the fans stems from the impression that he is probably gay...

I think you're probably the only person on here who thinks he's gay. Most of us think he's a hetrosexual shithouse who's got no fucking right to be taking thousands of pounds pw from our club under false pretences.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:56 pm

Very true Ted. You can analyse it all you want but he's just a piss poor player.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Socrates wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Socrates wrote:
King Kev wrote:
I alos agree with this.

I have no idea if he's gay or not, my reasons are as stated, don't recall hearing his sex life as being the reason for a lot of other either.

KK - Berti was obviously brought in as a bit part player and then many felt for him as even with no Left backs left he couldn't get a run. Also everyone knew that a 1 yr contract on a free was not going to be renewed. Jo came in with a big rep and did nothing.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm amazed to hear that some folk defend Jo and his contribution to our club and the premier league in general... and some of them are the same people who slag off RSC at every given opportunity.

There is a world of difference between Jo and RSC. There is world of difference in their commitment to our club.

Its a shame that can't be recognised.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:56 pm

Who defended him? Just people expressing some surprise at the level of vitriol. Same as some people express surprise at us signing players with injury problems...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 pm

From todays B*ll*x ...

Everton striker Jo , currently on a season long loan at Goodison Park from Manchester City could return to former club CSKA Moscow according to Russian media reports. The Brazilian striker had a highly successful spell at CSKA Moscow, scoring at a rate of over one goal every two games in a three year period, before signing for Manchester City for a hefty fee in 2008. Having endured an unproductive spell at City, Jo was loaned to Everton in February 2009 and did enough to secure a season long loan. However, the 22 year-old has failed to score so far this term and fell out of favour with the club over the Christmas period, having taken an unauthorized holiday back in his native Brazil. Everton manager David Moyes has since suspended Jo , commenting "He went back to Brazil without permission from the football club. He's now back but he's suspended from the football club. "I'm disappointed because we've enjoyed having Jo here but there has to be discipline at football clubs. He left over a busy period for us and left us short of players, so I find that very difficult." Jo's parent club Manchester City do not appear interested in keeping him at Eastlands and so former club CSKA Moscow look set to give a second spell to the player who has won 10 Brazilian caps.

If we get even half the money back I'd be delighted ... and shocked
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Chinners wrote:From todays B*ll*x ...

Everton striker Jo , currently on a season long loan at Goodison Park from Manchester City could return to former club CSKA Moscow according to Russian media reports. The Brazilian striker had a highly successful spell at CSKA Moscow, scoring at a rate of over one goal every two games in a three year period, before signing for Manchester City for a hefty fee in 2008. Having endured an unproductive spell at City, Jo was loaned to Everton in February 2009 and did enough to secure a season long loan. However, the 22 year-old has failed to score so far this term and fell out of favour with the club over the Christmas period, having taken an unauthorized holiday back in his native Brazil. Everton manager David Moyes has since suspended Jo , commenting "He went back to Brazil without permission from the football club. He's now back but he's suspended from the football club. "I'm disappointed because we've enjoyed having Jo here but there has to be discipline at football clubs. He left over a busy period for us and left us short of players, so I find that very difficult." Jo's parent club Manchester City do not appear interested in keeping him at Eastlands and so former club CSKA Moscow look set to give a second spell to the player who has won 10 Brazilian caps.

If we get even half the money back I'd be delighted ... and shocked

What a disastrous move and a total waste of money.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:24 pm

I think we can safely sum this up in a few words.

Sell the cunt.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:I'm amazed to hear that some folk defend Jo and his contribution to our club and the premier league in general... and some of them are the same people who slag off RSC at every given opportunity.

There is a world of difference between Jo and RSC. There is world of difference in their commitment to our club.

Not sure about a world of difference. Jo was not given much chance to settle before he was dispatched off to Everton sharpish. He did okish at Everton for the rest of the season and has struggled this season but then so have Everton in general. Jo is always going to be useless at a struggling PL club. Hes just not the type to roll his sleeves up and pitch in when the team is floundering. Equally in a team full of quality players and playing well he is more likely to respond.

RSC is more of a battling player and when fit is damn useful. Trouble is he is rarely fit so in that sense he is not much use to us either so it depends what you want. An unfit striker with a better attitude or a fit striker who is a moody sod. Perhaps the answer is neither and just get a fit striker with a good attitude and sell both of them :)

I do think the level of venom is unnecessary though but then I think that about most players who get dogs abuse.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:34 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I'm amazed to hear that some folk defend Jo and his contribution to our club and the premier league in general... and some of them are the same people who slag off RSC at every given opportunity.

Not sure about a world of difference. Jo was not given much chance to settle before he was dispatched off to Everton sharpish. He did okish at Everton for the rest of the season and has struggled this season but then so have Everton in general. Jo is always going to be useless at a struggling PL club. Hes just not the type to roll his sleeves up and pitch in when the team is floundering. Equally in a team full of quality players and playing well he is more likely to respond.

RSC is more of a battling player and when fit is damn useful. Trouble is he is rarely fit so in that sense he is not much use to us either so it depends what you want. An unfit striker with a better attitude or a fit striker who is a moody sod. Perhaps the answer is neither and just get a fit striker with a good attitude and sell both of them :)

I do think the level of venom is unnecessary though but then I think that about most players who get dogs abuse.

You should post more often mate.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:45 am

edge275 wrote:I think we can safely sum this up in a few words.

Sell the cunt.

You rock my world somedays.
Pretty Boy Lee

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:50 pm

BobKowalski wrote:

Good post mate, but I think its safe to say Jo is not prem class and RSC is. Its also safe to say Jo isn't up for a fight, or commited to the cause but RSC is. You are right, there is question marks over his injuries in the past, but the EXACT same was said about Bellamy and if you have a look at the thread "Player of the Season So Far" you'll see that Bellamy is running away with it... if that doesn't tell us something then I don't know what will!
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:

Good post mate, but I think its safe to say Jo is not prem class and RSC is. Its also safe to say Jo isn't up for a fight, or commited to the cause but RSC is. You are right, there is question marks over his injuries in the past, but the EXACT same was said about Bellamy and if you have a look at the thread "Player of the Season So Far" you'll see that Bellamy is running away with it... if that doesn't tell us something then I don't know what will!

I was someone who wanted to sign Jo because he looked very impressive in Russia & was delighted we'd got him, supported him & wanted to see him get his chance, supported him when others slagged him off, started to realise whilst giving him a chance that he was a complete and utter twat who constantly threw himself on the floor & waved his arms in the air rather than holding the ball or passing it & gave no effort whatsoever. When you see him do it over & fucking over again in the flesh, you start to want to kill him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum