Semi still not sold out

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Semi still not sold out

Postby irblinx » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 pm

Amazingly the OS is carrying a story about the criteria changing again for getting tickets
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Semi still not sold out

Postby Diggerman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Says all you need is 10 pts?! Thats pretty poor from us, and U*d were advertising their home game on the boards round the pitch. Can only be the price putting people off surely.
Diggerman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby bluej » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Diggerman wrote:Says all you need is 10 pts?! Thats pretty poor from us, and U*d were advertising their home game on the boards round the pitch. Can only be the price putting people off surely.

10 points?! I haven't even looked at getting a ticket for this game because I thought you would need more points than that - i'm going to try my hand tomorrow morning then.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Diggerman wrote:Says all you need is 10 pts?! Thats pretty poor from us, and U*d were advertising their home game on the boards round the pitch. Can only be the price putting people off surely.

It's not poor mate, they're doing it the right way. Remember last year, think it was the Hamburg game when they put them on general sale, and how many complaints they got due to SC and City Card holders not getting a ticket? What they are actually doing is giving those who have been before a chance to see a semi final before all the wannabe's.

People are skint at this time a year and have set priorities, yet I would suggest there will be quite a few who pull the money together prior to the game and make it a sell-out. We are not yet a prawn munching club but mainly working class people who would do anything for a ticket. Long may it remain!!!

PS. That is no slight at you btw Diggerman.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:48 pm

If they put the points down earlier we would of sold out rapid, same with away leg ( city if your reading stop pissing about dropping it by 200 points, just give it a few days at 4k+ then 3k+ etc)

Couldn't get laid in damn with a fistful of fifty's
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Diggerman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:00 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

It's not poor mate, they're doing it the right way. Remember last year, think it was the Hamburg game when they put them on general sale, and how many complaints they got due to SC and City Card holders not getting a ticket? What they are actually doing is giving those who have been before a chance to see a semi final before all the wannabe's.

People are skint at this time a year and have set priorities, yet I would suggest there will be quite a few who pull the money together prior to the game and make it a sell-out. We are not yet a prawn munching club but mainly working class people who would do anything for a ticket. Long may it remain!!!

By 'pretty poor' I meant from the fans not the club. 48000 seats - 30/35K season ticket holders, 6k away seats, surely theres 10k(give or take) fans on the loyalty schemes etc that could fill the seats before it gets down to 10points? Ten points is practically saying they're on open sale an this board was ripping The Scum for letting their tickets go on a first come first served open sale basis. I agree with people being skint and priorities etc, our first baby is due the week of the second leg but baked beans for the month will help it learn a few early and harsh lessons! As long as we sell out and make it a real hostile atmosphere, U*d shouldn't have enough to keep us from Wembley. I hope.
Diggerman
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Beeks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I agree...I think that is exactly what they are doing

And of course we are going to sell out!!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:07 pm

If anybody can sort 2 tickets out for me and my bird, then PM me and I'll love you long time.

I'm not an access card holder or anything like that, hence asking for help.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Guy Debord » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:08 pm

£40 is too expensive. If the pricing was reasonable it would have sold out within days.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Diggerman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

By 'pretty poor' I meant from the fans not the club. 48000 seats - 30/35K season ticket holders, 6k away seats, surely theres 10k(give or take) fans on the loyalty schemes etc that could fill the seats before it gets down to 10points? Ten points is practically saying they're on open sale an this board was ripping The Scum for letting their tickets go on a first come first served open sale basis. I agree with people being skint and priorities etc, our first baby is due the week of the second leg but baked beans for the month will help it learn a few early and harsh lessons! As long as we sell out and make it a real hostile atmosphere, U*d shouldn't have enough to keep us from Wembley. I hope.

Mate, it'll be a sell-out regardless. I reckon you won't see an empty seat in the house. Does anyone know if this is on TV so I can Sky +, this could be a game that should be K'd for Keep ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 pm

Guy Debord wrote:£40 is too expensive. If the pricing was reasonable it would have sold out within days.

£40 for our first semi in how long? Against the rags as well?

You're having a laugh mate...i'd pay double even if I was on the dole with 10 kids to feed
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby MHiggi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Does anyone know if this is on TV so I can Sky +, this could be a game that should be K'd for Keep ;-)

Yep, it's on Beeb 1 from 7:40 for a 7:45 kick off.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:15 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I agree...I think that is exactly what they are doing

And of course we are going to sell out!!

And let us not forget the scum who will try and get tickets in our end.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:18 pm

MHiggi wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Does anyone know if this is on TV so I can Sky +, this could be a game that should be K'd for Keep ;-)

Yep, it's on Beeb 1 from 7:40 for a 7:45 kick off.

Cheers M, I'm one of those who has to watch it 3 or 4 times to appreciate what really happened. After the game I don't usually even remember the scorers!!!

This is definately one to download ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:24 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:£40 is too expensive. If the pricing was reasonable it would have sold out within days.

You're having a laugh mate...i'd pay double even if I was on the dole with 10 kids to feed
I understand what you are saying mate but some people simply can't afford £40 for a match. The club don't need the money so I don't understand why they are charging so much.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 pm

After the FA Cup success on Saturday the Blues turn their attention to the other domestic knockout competition on Wednesday.

And the remaining tickets for the Carling Cup semi final home leg against United will go on sale tomorrow morning to Accesscard holders with ten or more loyalty points.

Tickets will be available by telephone on 0870 062 1894 option 1 or to personal callers at the Citycentre building from 9am.

Please note that if the supporter number used is that of an Adult, then only an Adult ticket may be purchased. This also applies to under 16s and over 65s. There is a £2.00 booking fee per ticket on all telephone bookings.

Any unsold tickets for the game will NOT go on general sale.

Fans are reminded that the game kicks-off at 7.45pm and are advised to arrive early.

Reckon we might struggle to shift the last few as not on open sale, understand they don't want rags in our end but could easily of bought ticket to one other game to get the 10 points
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Guy Debord » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:28 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

No, I'm serious, the date of our last semi and the opposition is irrelevant to the pricing policy.
£40 a game is too much for many fans and price hikes have changed the demographic at football grounds for the worse.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Postby simon12 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Guy Debord wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

No, I'm serious, the date of our last semi and the opposition is irrelevant to the pricing policy.
£40 a game is too much for many fans and price hikes have changed the demographic at football grounds for the worse.

You`re gonna shit yourself when we get to Wembley then. The prices for these games have to be agreed between the clubs as well. I would imagine £40 was the lowest the theiving rags would allow.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 pm

I went to buy tickets for this the other day and the site was being a twat,comin up with errors and pages just not loadin up. Would finally get to the seat selection lay out and it would be empty!! just a plain white block. In the end I thought 'bollox to it, Ill save the time,effort and money and watch it on tv'..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Guy Debord » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:55 pm

simon12 wrote:
Guy Debord wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

You`re gonna shit yourself when we get to Wembley then. The prices for these games have to be agreed between the clubs as well. I would imagine £40 was the lowest the theiving rags would allow.

True, in the happy event of us getting to the final I have already steeled myself for a wallet raping.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum