Mancini keeping his cards to his chest.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini keeping his cards to his chest.

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Have just seen on SSN, interview with Mancini, he tried to take the concentration off signing Vieira saying that we need to concentrate on the Scum then maybe sign players, what you make of it?
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Re: Mancini keeping his cards to his chest.

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:34 pm

I didnt see the interview on ssn but i read this on M.E.N it dose seem there are signings in the pipeline but i like the way he's keeping every one focused on the game on wed.

MANCHESTER City boss Roberto Mancini wants all talk of new signings put on the back-burner until after Wednesday’s Carling Cup semi-final showdown with Manchester United.

Inter Milan's Patrick Vieira has been linked with a loan move, but athought Mancini accepts City are now a major worldwide attraction, he does not want anything getting in the way of preparations for United’s visit.

“All the players want to join Manchester City,” he said.

“That is normal with a big club who is going to have a big future.

“People are not only talking about Patrick Vieira, they are also saying Ivan Cordoba and Cristian Chivu (who are also at Inter Milan).

“They are all good players but the most important thing for me is the match against Manchester United.

“The other things we can talk about with the club after the derby. We will see then.”
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby irblinx » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 pm

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:Have just seen on SSN, interview with Mancini, he tried to take the concentration off signing Vieira saying that we need to concentrate on the Scum then maybe sign players, what you make of it?

The guy is class and has the press eating out of his hand
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:43 pm

If he can wind Fat Jock Prick up then hes great!
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:If he can wind Fat Jock Prick up then hes great!

i think he already has. Look at how Baconface reacted to Hughes sacking. It was a classic case of knowing he now had a much shrewder competitor to contend with in my opinion. Tin hat on.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:05 pm

So far in interviews he has said nothing for the press with just generalities and a bit of praise for a player or 2. When they give him a tricky direct question he uses his limited english ( yeah right) and doesn't answer it but goes off at a tangent. Clever stuff.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So far in interviews he has said nothing for the press with just generalities and a bit of praise for a player or 2. When they give him a tricky direct question he uses his limited english ( yeah right) and doesn't answer it but goes off at a tangent. Clever stuff.

BEING MANAGER OF INTER WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM ENOUGH EXPERIENCE OF HANDLING OUR PRESS METHINKS...BUT YES..THE SUDDEN LOSS OF ENGLISH ALWAYS HELPS MATTERS.!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby irblinx » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:So far in interviews he has said nothing for the press with just generalities and a bit of praise for a player or 2. When they give him a tricky direct question he uses his limited english ( yeah right) and doesn't answer it but goes off at a tangent. Clever stuff.

I'd say that he's a step up from that whilst not totally disagreeing DH, he always cracks jokes with them like today in response to "the Italian press say you're signing Vieira" he came back " oh it's not just Vieira" and then listed all the players we're linked with over there. As soon as he's got them laughing the goofy idiots are completely disarmed and are all on his side and forget any critical line of questioning knowing that they'll get this piss ripped out of them by all the other journalists if he cracks a joke at their expense. He actually very rarely hides behind his "poor" English and has an interpreter there at all times just in case. The fact that the press sometimes don't understand what he tells them ("will Micah play LB?", " Richards can play CB or RB" somehow became Richards to play LB and then Mancini playing mind games!) in another matter entirely
irblinx

Postby irblinx » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Incidentally the full press conference is on the OS now
irblinx

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:49 pm

irblinx wrote:

I'd say that he's a step up from that whilst not totally disagreeing DH, he always cracks jokes with them like today in response to "the Italian press say you're signing Vieira" he came back " oh it's not just Vieira" and then listed all the players we're linked with over there. As soon as he's got them laughing the goofy idiots are completely disarmed and are all on his side and forget any critical line of questioning knowing that they'll get this piss ripped out of them by all the other journalists if he cracks a joke at their expense. He actually very rarely hides behind his "poor" English and has an interpreter there at all times just in case. The fact that the press sometimes don't understand what he tells them ("will Micah play LB?", " Richards can play CB or RB" somehow became Richards to play LB and then Mancini playing mind games!) in another matter entirely

Exactly, doesn't answer the question but says something, an attempt at humour usually works , and deflects from what they were asking.The Richards one was classic , asked if he would play left back he said he can play anywhere rather than say no he won't be left back. Why say yes or no if you don't have to? It's a talent if you can get away with it and my guess he will for a while longer but not forever.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
irblinx wrote:

Exactly, doesn't answer the question but says something, an attempt at humour usually works , and deflects from what they were asking.The Richards one was classic , asked if he would play left back he said he can play anywhere rather than say no he won't be left back. Why say yes or no if you don't have to? It's a talent if you can get away with it and my guess he will for a while longer but not forever.

Kenny Dalglish did.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
irblinx wrote:

Kenny Dalglish did.

Benitez still does. However, I prefer Strachans approach to the press, he has them running for cover.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
irblinx wrote:

Kenny Dalglish did.

Benitez still does. However, I prefer Strachans approach to the press, he has them running for cover.

Benitez is like a public information film on how to recognise the signs of stress.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:39 pm

Benitez is like a public information film on how to recognise the signs of stress.[/quote]

Hahaha I like that thought. Strachan can be quite funny
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Benitez is like a public information film on how to recognise the signs of stress.

Hahaha I like that thought. Strachan can be quite funny[/quote]

Press dolt: "Can I have a quick word Gordon?"

Strachan: "Velocity"

- one of the funniest football manager responses of all time!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby ashton287 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:I didnt see the interview on ssn but i read this on M.E.N it dose seem there are signings in the pipeline but i like the way he's keeping every one focused on the game on wed.

MANCHESTER City boss Roberto Mancini wants all talk of new signings put on the back-burner until after Wednesday’s Carling Cup semi-final showdown with Manchester U***d.

Inter Milan's Patrick Vieira has been linked with a loan move, but athought Mancini accepts City are now a major worldwide attraction, he does not want anything getting in the way of preparations for U***d’s visit.

“All the players want to join Manchester City,” he said.“That is normal with a big club who is going to have a big future.

“People are not only talking about Patrick Vieira, they are also saying Ivan Cordoba and Cristian Chivu (who are also at Inter Milan).

“They are all good players but the most important thing for me is the match against Manchester U***d.

“The other things we can talk about with the club after the derby. We will see then.”

Fucking YYYYEAH they do
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:
Hahaha I like that thought. Strachan can be quite funny

Press dolt: "Can I have a quick word Gordon?"

Strachan: "Velocity"

- one of the funniest football manager responses of all time!

As much as he is rag bastard, without a doubt funniest man in the game.

Reporter: Bang, there goes your unbeaten run. Can you take it?
Strachan: No, I'm just going to crumble like a wreck. I'll go home, become an alcoholic and maybe jump of a bridge.

Reporter: So, Gordon, in what areas do you think Middlesbrough were better than you today?
Strachan: What areas? Mainly that big green one out there...

And my absolute all time favourite

Reporter: There's no negative vibes or negative feelings here?
Strachan: Apart from yourself, we're all quite positive round here. I'm going to whack you over the head with a big stick, down negative man, down.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Return to The Maine Football forum