Richards and Robinho winning fitness battle

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Richards and Robinho winning fitness battle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Micah Richards and Robinho should be available for Wednesday night's Carling Cup semi final.

Richards was substituted at half time of Saturday's win over Middlesbrough after picking up a groin problem, while the Brazilian did not travel to Teeside due to a knee injury collected in training late last week.

Speaking on Monday afternoon, Blues boss Roberto Mancini said, "I think that Micah will be available to play, he had a groin problem but it has not been too serious. Robinho is fine as well and has been back in training. De Jong is OK again after we took him off on Saturday with a calf problem."

"There is a good chance that I will play
Boyata again because I don't have a lot
of defenders at the moment. He could
have that chance because he played
very well at Middlesbrough."

Another not in the squad at the Riverside was Shaun Wright-Phillips, whose ankle niggle has kept him out of the side since the win over Sunderland. Mancini is keeping an open mind over the winger, as well as striker Roque Santa Cruz.

"We will see how Shaun is today for the first time, but it's possible that he will be available as well," he declared. "We are not certain on Roque, we will have to decide after taking a look at him today but we do not want to take a risk on him.

"Stephen Ireland is definitely out for the derby, and Nedum Onuoha is also unavailable."

The boss will play the waiting game over selection for Wednesday and take two more training sessions into account, although Saturday debutante Dedryck Boyata is very much in with a shout of facing United.

Mancini added, "I will only decide what my team will be on Tuesday after the final training session when I have seen the condition of the players, but there are not a lot to choose from.

"There is a good chance that I will play Boyata again because I don't have a lot of defenders at the moment. He could have that chance because he played very well at Middlesbrough, but I will have to wait and see until after training on Tuesday."

from mcfc.co.uk
Last edited by Mark (Blue Army) on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Richards and Robinho winning fitness battle

Postby Mike J » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:43 pm

the boyata thing concerns me a bit. nothing against the lad, he did well on sat. but playing against the likes of rooney and berbatov is very different.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Mike J wrote:the boyata thing concerns me a bit. nothing against the lad, he did well on sat. but playing against the likes of rooney and berbatov is very different.

Was just about to post the exact same thing...very worrying
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Mike J wrote:the boyata thing concerns me a bit. nothing against the lad, he did well on sat. but playing against the likes of rooney and berbatov is very different.

Micah will be alright pal.

Mind games,sir,mind games.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:47 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Micah will be alright pal.

Mind games,sir,mind games.

Boyota! :-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby rick1894citizen » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:51 pm

It could make or break him but aslong as we have Micah, NDJ, SWP and Robi back in contention it doesn't really concern me as atleast he'll have a stronger team around him and hope that with the crowd being so up for it on wednesday that it'll give the lads a real boost and Dedryck's nerves will be sweet after giving that fat scouse twat a good whack ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby 13021J » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Having Richards, SWP and RSC in would make a real difference. Don't really want to see Tevez up front on his own, would like to see RSC holding it up and Tevez, SWP and Bellers raiding from slightly deeper positions.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 pm

Talk about baptism of fire for Boyata if he really has to face United. But hey, I have faith in the lad, especially if the rest of the starting XI willm be stronger than on Sat.
Last edited by CityFanFromRome on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:00 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Talk about batpism of fire for Boyata if he really has to face U***d. But hey, I have faith in the lad, especially if the rest of the starting XI willm be stronger than on Sat.

We'll just have to put plenty of goals in at the other end, which we're quite capable of doing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:15 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Talk about baptism of fire for Boyata if he really has to face U***d.

I think it's unfair on the lad to chuck him in the frying pan...he is bound to be intimidated by the likes of Berbaflop and shrek...just doesn't sit well with me blooding a youngster with one game under his belt against our fiercest rivals
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:18 pm

If we don't have 2 other centre halves he will play but otherwise he won't. It would be crazy to create a center half ( like Barry or somebody) if Richards isn't available but he will be.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Talk about baptism of fire for Boyata if he really has to face U***d.

I think it's unfair on the lad to chuck him in the frying pan...he is bound to be intimidated by the likes of Berbaflop and shrek...just doesn't sit well with me blooding a youngster with one game under his belt against our fiercest rivals

I know, but we may not have another option, if Micah isn't fit on Weds, unless we play someone out of position there, like Barca did last year when they played Yaya Tourè as CB for a couple games, and like the rags did with Carrick recently.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Return to The Maine Football forum