Bolton fans on SSN

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bolton fans on SSN

Postby irblinx » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Make the idiots they always find at COMS look like the brains of Britain.

Oh and one classic, "he plays the right type of football", talk about deluded. Do they honestly think that we've forgotten the awful crap they played under their god Allardyce? Coyle likes his teams to play football on the deck, reckon he might have to splash the cash in January if he signs for Bolton and wants to continue with that
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Bolton fans on SSN

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:10 pm

I'd give them a few quid for Gary Cahill.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:30 pm

They give the North a bad name.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Megson tried to play 'the right type of football' and look how they treated him!

They have no money due to a joke fanbase. The sooner they're down the better!
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:27 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Megson tried to play 'the right type of football' and look how they treated him!

hear hear. i hope we give them a proper toasting when they come to ours.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 pm

As 'Mego' was at pains to point out when publically licking his wounds on telly, Wandererzzzzzzzzz are the lowest spending club in the Prem, because they are borassic. Burnley are apparently asking for 3.5 mil in compo if they lose Coyle, so he'd be at a club possibly more skint than Burnley, lower down in the down in the league, and with a team watched by a handful of hypothermic depressives.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:21 pm

if i'm Coyle why do i take this job?

not joking or rhetorically posited either.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:if i'm Coyle why do i take this job?

MONEY?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:if i'm Coyle why do i take this job?

MONEY?

Gartside has some serious dirt on him from his playing days?
The Man In Blue

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:29 pm

I find it really shit that Coyle is talking to those part time, moaning, inbred cunts. It's been great to see a small club with passionate supporters holding their own in the PL, playing football on the deck & putting all these over-rated clog & hoof merchants like Allardyce & Moyes to shame by proving that it can be done on a miniscule budget, without resorting to set pieces & rugby.

If he goes there, he'll need to change the habits of a bunch of hardened hoofers almost overnight & probably end up with the sack whilst some neanderthal will probably get the Burnley job & turn them into into Bolton mk II. Tragic.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I find it really shit that Coyle is talking to those part time, moaning, inbred cunts. It's been great to see a small club with passionate supporters holding their own in the PL, playing football on the deck & putting all these over-rated clog & hoof merchants like Allardyce & Moyes to shame by proving that it can be done on a miniscule budget, without resorting to set pieces & rugby.

If he goes there, he'll need to change the habits of a bunch of hardened hoofers almost overnight & probably end up with the sack whilst some neanderthal will probably get the Burnley job & turn them into into Bolton mk II. Tragic.

Well put.

He's bloody going to take it by the looks of it isn't he? Unbelievable. He must have real affection for them, you know, like Stockholm Syndrome or summat?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:03 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Megson tried to play 'the right type of football' and look how they treated him!

Spot on.
I always found their hatred towards Megson retarded. He was doing no worse than the next man will and tried to make them play some football. Look at their squad, apart from Jussi and Cahill they are all Championship quality.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Look at their squad, apart from Jussi and Cahill they are all Championship quality.

Disagree with that - Matty Taylor is a pretty good player, Kevin Davies is a proven prem forward no matter how much of a fouling twat he is, and the Korean lad who plays on the right is also decent. Klasnic is a mint striker who i wanted at City a year or two ago.

To be fair one of my best mates is a bulltown season ticket holder and he had myriad complaints about Megson. The game that got him sacked was a prime example of one of them; 2-1 up at home against Hull, a side they should have beaten, when instead of trying to further extend their advantage he takes their best striker (Klasnic) off to try and defend the lead. This with a defence which has not kept a clean sheet all season.
Last edited by The Man In Blue on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Man In Blue

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:11 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Look at their squad, apart from Jussi and Cahill they are all Championship quality.

Disagree with that - Matty Taylor is a pretty good player, Kevin Davies is a proven prem striker no matter how much of a fouling twat he is, and the Korean lad who plays on the right is also decent. Klasnic is a mint striker who i wanted at City a year or two ago.

To be fair one of my best mates is a bulltown season ticket holder and he had myriad complaints about Megson. The game that got him sacked was a prime example of one of them; 2-1 up at home against Hull, a side they should have beaten, when instead of trying to further extend their advantage he takes their best striker (Klasnic) off to try and defend the lead. This with a defence which has not kept a clean sheet all season.

Right , I forgot Matt Taylor, he is quality.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:41 pm

looks like hes on the move

Coyle compensation agreed

Sky Sports News sources understand Bolton and Burnley have agreed a compensation deal for manager Owen Coyle.

The Trotters identified Coyle as their primary target after bringing Gary Megson's reign to an end in the wake of last Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Hull City.

An approach was made for Coyle, who has enjoyed great success during a two-year spell in charge at Turf Moor.

The Scottish tactician, who spent time with Bolton as a player, has already held talks with Reebok Stadium bosses about filling the vacant position.

And he has now moved a step closer to being appointed as manager after Bolton offered the £3.6million it would take for the Clarets to release Coyle.

Burnley chairman Barry Kilby will meet with Coyle later on Monday before an announcement is made about his future.

from skysports.com
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby aaron bond » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:04 pm

Really surprised Coyle has gone to Bolton. I honestly don't see how his prospects for success are higher there than where he currently is.

Bolton don't have any money to spend and don't have many better players.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Like a Nigel de Jong pass - a sideways move...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby walmai » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:07 pm

A very big gamble by Coyle. Will now be perceived to have walked out on Burnley and will be forever known as the man who took Bolton down (if they do go down, of course).

Burnley, on my reckoning, would be more likely to come back up, even if they were relegated this season (and I actually fancy they could survive anyway; they've got a pleasing and effective style).

In comparison, Bolton will be selling Cahill the minute a top team comes in for him, even if they survive. And, if my prayers are answered and this season is their season to go down (they were kept up by Megson after all!) they will take ages to come back up, what with football being what it is today.

No money, an aging squad and a frankly poor support base.

It couldn't happen to a nicer club, really it couldn't.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:15 pm

walmai wrote:A very big gamble by Coyle. Will now be perceived to have walked out on Burnley and will be forever known as the man who took Bolton down (if they do go down, of course).

Burnley, on my reckoning, would be more likely to come back up, even if they were relegated this season (and I actually fancy they could survive anyway; they've got a pleasing and effective style).

In comparison, Bolton will be selling Cahill the minute a top team comes in for him, even if they survive. And, if my prayers are answered and this season is their season to go down (they were kept up by Megson after all!) they will take ages to come back up, what with football being what it is today.

No money, an aging squad and a frankly poor support base.

It couldn't happen to a nicer club, really it couldn't.

A visit from Bolton's like letting a woman pick out a DVD; you pay for it, dread watching it, sit through it knowing exactly what it's going to be like, are bored shitless all the way through & the only good bit is if you get the right result at the end.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Colin the King » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:30 am

Stunned at this.

Owen Coyle already has legend status at Burnley, I remember seeing flags when they were in the play-off final with 'Coyle is God' and the vocal backing they gave him was amazing. He was in a position where, having got them promoted as outsiders, they'd still have loved him if they'd gone down. And if they were to stay up even by a point on the last day, they'd be out building statues of him.

Now he's going to a club with ideas above their station, who think that they should be playing in Europe every season yet leave the ground half empty and moan rather than support when things are going wrong. Allardyce played utterly disgusting football- if you could even call it that- and he's a club legend, yet they wanted Megson out because he 'didn't play the right brand of football'. They don't belong and they deserve to be at this level. Half empty almost every week. And to think that clubs like Leeds, Newcastle, Wednesday and Forest are all in lower divisions while tinpot clubs like Bolton and Wigan scrap it out in the big time...awful.

I just can't see it being a success for him. Keep them up and it's not enough, relegated and they'll be arranging public hangings. It's January now- there's no way he can go there and change the footballing mentality and have his style implemented in time to get them up to 8th or 9th in the table.

Grass is always greener eh.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum