Had a heated debate today.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Had a heated debate today.

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm

With my dad, who has supported City all his life and is now 74. The debate was that he now has dropped City like a stone, since the sacking of MH. He blames the players for his demise and not MH, 3 players in particular
1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot
He says they did not play up to any standard, He hates Cook and Marwood who he says no nothing about football. He said of Brian Kid he is a back stabbing bastard his words.

Is argument is how can you sack a manager who has only lost 2 games all season, I pointed out there were to many draws considering the amount of money we had spent on players. He did agree that we should have done better, he thinks Mancini will be no good for City.

The debate was heated when he said I will not support City any more and hope we get stuffed on Wednesday. I don't know what to say I think he has lost the plot, and he does not see the bigger picture. I will love my dad always but will always disagree with him on this once a blue always a blue I will die a blue come what may.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Had a heated debate today.

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:10 pm

trueblue64 wrote:With my dad, who has supported City all his life and is now 74. The debate was that he now has dropped City like a stone, since the sacking of MH. He blames the players for his demise and not MH, 3 players in particular
1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot
He says they did not play up to any standard, He hates Cook and Marwood who he says no nothing about football. He said of Brian Kid he is a back stabbing bastard his words.

Is argument is how can you sack a manager who has only lost 2 games all season, I pointed out there were to many draws considering the amount of money we had spent on players. He did agree that we should have done better, he thinks Mancini will be no good for City.

The debate was heated when he said I will not support City any more and hope we get stuffed on Wednesday. I don't know what to say I think he has lost the plot, and he does not see the bigger picture. I will love my dad always but will always disagree with him on this once a blue always a blue I will die a blue come what may.

FUNNILY ENOUGH MY OLD MAN HAS JUST SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN ON ME (HE,S A RAG FANATIC) AS I RIPPED HIS TEAM TO PIECES........HE WAS FUCKING BLUBBING ON AND ON AND I FINISHED OFF BY LAUGHING LOUDLY WHEN HE MENTIONED BERBONOB.......I CAN BE A RIGHT ANNOYING OBNOXIOUS CUNT AT THE BEST OF TIMES AND ME OLD MAN JUST LOST THE FUCKING PLOT AND SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN......POOR GIT...FUCKING HILARIOUS.

IT,S EASIER TB WHEN YOUR OLD MANS A RAG...MAKES LIFE SO MUCH SWEETER.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I CAN BE A RIGHT ANNOYING OBNOXIOUS CUNT AT THE BEST OF TIMES

you hide it really well mate.

;)
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I CAN BE A RIGHT ANNOYING OBNOXIOUS CUNT AT THE BEST OF TIMES

you hide it really well mate.

;)

IT,S AN ART MATE......IVE GOT IT DOWN TO PERFECTION NOW,
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Trueblue, all my respect to your dad but to be honest I think his decision not to support the club anymore is a bit harsh. He has all rights to disagree with the sacking of Hughes, and to think Mancini won't do well at the club, but from that to not support the club anymore there is a middle ground, imho. Also, the club might not have handled the matter in the best way, but again I don't see it as areason to stop supporting the club.

But I do agree that these matters can cause a lot of debate amongst blues.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Good work both.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:15 pm

I think the thing that cuts deep is he took me to my first match when I was 2. Also it could have gone the other way he is the youngest of 10 from Salford half of which are Red, so his brother who was a blue took him to his first match. But to hear him say I hope we get stuffed cut deep. I think senility is taking hold, but I suppose each to his own.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 pm

I remember a couple of blues saying the same when Thaksin took us over..... Time is a great healer
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bear60 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:19 pm

trueblue64 wrote:With my dad, who has supported City all his life and is now 74. The debate was that he now has dropped City like a stone, since the sacking of MH. He blames the players for his demise and not MH, 3 players in particular
1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot

He must feel really strong about it to drop City after what I assume must be at least 50 years as a supporter . I just dont understand how anyone can do that we all get pissed off with things on and off the pitch but to drop them like that , and then hope we get hammered by the rags is a bit drastic imo. Hopefully he will calm down soon and see sense like you say once a blue always a blue .
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Goataldo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:25 pm

Trueblue, he's 74 for god's sake, he's allowed to be cantankerous! I bet if, sorry when, we win a trophy soon he'll be singing a different tune.

Could be worse anyway; my mate recently sent me this: http://twitter.com/Shitmydadsays - quite funny and might allow you a little perspective.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:29 pm

I really hope he does come round, going to matches with him is always a blast.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:30 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Trueblue, he's 74 for god's sake, he's allowed to be cantankerous! I bet if, sorry when, we win a trophy soon he'll be singing a different tune.

Could be worse anyway; my mate recently sent me this: http://twitter.com/Shitmydadsays - quite funny and might allow you a little perspective.

ha ha cheers for that
“The whole world is fueled by bullshit… What? The kid asked me for advice on his science fair project so I’m giving it to him.”

classic
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot

FUNNILY ENOUGH MY OLD MAN HAS JUST SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN ON ME (HE,S A RAG FANATIC) AS I RIPPED HIS TEAM TO PIECES........HE WAS FUCKING BLUBBING ON AND ON AND I FINISHED OFF BY LAUGHING LOUDLY WHEN HE MENTIONED BERBONOB.......I CAN BE A RIGHT ANNOYING OBNOXIOUS CUNT AT THE BEST OF TIMES AND ME OLD MAN JUST LOST THE FUCKING PLOT AND SLAMMED THE PHONE DOWN......POOR GIT...FUCKING HILARIOUS.

How did you come to be a blue Carl, if your old man is a rag.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:12 pm

1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot

Sounds like you need the help of Marjorie Proops on this one !

Don't worry, next time you go to the pub, remind him who keeps buying the drinks......... He'll soon wise up, my dad did.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:13 pm

trueblue64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot

Seems fairly obvious to me, Carl is a very clever young man... even with Caps lock on.....
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 pm

trueblue64 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot

GODS TEAM CHOOSES HIS DISCIPLES MY SON......
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Here's a good solution: get him onto the forum. Sounds as though he would liven the place up....
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby trueblue64 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:

Here's a good solution: get him onto the forum. Sounds as though he would liven the place up....

He had a lively debate with Gary Owen about SWP once at a Former Players Dinner I walked away feeling rather embarrassed. This was just before we sold him, my dad was of the opinion SWP was crap and over rated, so to bring him on here would be suicide.

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64

Postby AlpsMaster » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:25 pm

1. Ade
2. Robbie
3. Lescot

Sorry to hear that trueblue. My dad became disillusioned with City under Thaksin (thought he was a crook) and he died just before the Sheihk took over so he had no opportunity to see the signings we made in 2009 and enjoy all the excitement of our rapid ascent to world domination.

Many fans were unhappy about the manner of Hughes sacking, if not the sacking itself, but having put up with City for the last decades through thin and thinner surely now is the worst time to break the CTID principle. I really hope he comes round given time and you can sort this out.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm

trueblue64 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

He had a lively debate with Gary Owen about SWP once at a Former Players Dinner I walked away feeling rather embarrassed. This was just before we sold him, my dad was of the opinion SWP was crap and over rated, so to bring him on here would be suicide.

Sounds ideal.
On the SWP point: he's not the first to say this on the forum. Much as I like SWP he is not above criticism. e.g. he is a terrible crosser of the ball, and his final ball in general can be poor
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum