Leslie's Tuesday's Turkish B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Leslie's Tuesday's Turkish B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:13 am

Mark Hughes has been offered a quick return to management - as boss of Turkey.
Turkish FA chiefs have put ex-Manchester City boss Hughes at the top of their shortlist of candidates to be their next national manager. It is understood that the Turkish FA have already made moves to sound out Hughes and would like to team him up with ex-Blackburn midfielder Tugay as a dream ticket. Former Turkey international Tugay was a member of Hughes’ coaching staff at Manchester City and is still regarded as a national hero.Tugay quit City after Hughes was sacked from his post at Eastlands last month to make way for new boss Roberto Mancini.Hughes is in line for a £3m pay-off from City and is now considering his next move in football management after the disappointment of his dismissal from Eastlands.Former Manchester United striker Hughes has seen his stock rise after receiving sympathy following his exit from City. Hughes was also scathing after his dismissal after claiming he was betrayed by the City board.
Turkish FA chiefs are determined to get a foreign boss to replace Fatih Terim who quit the job after failing to lead the country to next summer’s World Cup finals.But attempts to lure a big-name like Luiz Felipe Scolari, Giovanni Trapattoni and Guus Hiddink have failed.Hughes appeals because he has experience of the international stage from managing Wales and has the added appeal of having a national hero in Tugay in his camp.

Stoke demand £20million for defensive ace
Stoke have slapped a staggering £20million price tag on Ryan Shawcross in a bid to scare off the Premier League predators.
Shawcross has been recommended to new Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini, while Liverpool and Spurs are also long-term admirers of the centre-half.
But Stoke are determined to keep the former Manchester United defender and will demand a substantial fee if they receive any bids this month.Shawcross, 22, cost Stoke just £1m from United two years ago and boss Tony Pulis believes he can still mount a late bid for England's World Cup squad.Pulis said: "We have made it quite clear that he is going nowhere and we were delighted when Ryan signed a new deal late last year.
"He is an exceptionally talented young lad who has an important part to play at this football club."I am confident he will be a major influence upon what we are trying to achieve here."Stoke will welcome back Shawcross for tonight's Premier League clash with Fulham after a one-match suspension.

Manchester City were in advanced discussions last night over a surprise move to bring Patrick Vieira back to the Premier League after Roberto Mancini identified the former Arsenal captain as his first signing for the club.
Although Mancini, City’s new manager, said yesterday that he would not talk about making additions until after the Carling Cup semi-final, first leg against Manchester United tomorrow, talks have taken place in the past 48 hours over a deal to take Vieira, 33, on loan from Inter Milan until the end of the season.
It is possible that the move could be finalised in time for Vieira to make his City debut at home to Blackburn Rovers on Monday.
Mancini is well acquainted with Vieira, who won the first of his two Serie A titles while playing under him for Inter in 2006. The only apparent obstacle to a deal is the possibility of a late intervention from another club, with Arsène Wenger admitting last summer that he would be tempted to take the France midfield player back to Arsenal.
City are likely to offer Vieira the promise of a permanent contract next season if the arrangement works out for both parties.
Mancini has ruled out the possibility of signing Antonio Cassano, the Sampdoria forward, and has questioned the feasibility of persuading Juventus and Inter to sell Giorgio Chiellini and Mario Balotelli respectively. He did, however, acknowledge reports in Italy linking him with moves to sign Cristian Chivu and Iván Córdoba, another two of his mainstays at Inter.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is set to axe seven players for Wednesday's Carling Cup semi-final with bitter rivals Manchester City following his side's humiliating defeat by Leeds in the third round of the FA Cup. Striker Dimitar Berbatov and right-back Gary Neville head the list of those for the chop.The Sun

Birmingham City fans speak out on Joe Hart issue
Birmingham City's loan sensation Joe Hart returns to Manchester City after his loan spell ends in May, after the northern club said they want to keep him. But Hart is keen to secure regular first-team football and Alex McLeish has admitted that if Manchester won’t sell – he has been knocked back about a permanent January transfer – he will ask for a second season’s loan.
The young keeper stated yesterday that he would be happy to come back to Blues for another season on loan.
Birmingham City fans on our forums have been busy discussing his future, some fans even called for Blues to offer a big transfer fee to sway Man City.

Here's what they had to say:

Bluesky: To offer £3.5m is a derisery offer and was never going to be accepted.In today's inflated market prices his value must be £7m - £8m. Alex needs to be more realistic about transfer fees without breaking the bank. To make a real impact in the Premiership isnt cheap !!!

SpionKop: If we are going to get Joey Hart we are going to have to pay double figures for the kid. The market these days are well over-priced and Man City will want to hold onto a young, gifted and English keeper. The kids a brummie and we the fans, the staff at Blues and Hart himself know his future lies with Blues. If we stay in the top ten this season, I have no doubt Hart will ask for a transfer request to Blues. 10 million for Hart and everybody's happy. Big price tag on his shoulders, but at 23 a world cup international/winner/runnerup...? We may have to pay that kind of money for him.

ChrissyBoy1: Alex Ferguson said a top class goalie in your side is worth 9 points a season. £7mil is a snip for someone with the quality and further potential development of Joe Hart. Sign him up! KRO

Bluewatch: Unfortunatly it was never going to happen.When a club is open to spend enough money to buy a small country on the best players available, they are unlikely to give up one they already own.

But lets not be to down beat as we still have him for this season and possably next. The sad vile fans can look on with envy as he stops any shots their tinpot team manage to get past our world class defence. They were lucky to meet us early this season before our lads had time to gell.

Wont happen again when we visit their shed.We are only 3 points behind them at moment.By the time we humiliate them at their shed we will already be well above them....Kro

Standrews: I don't blame Man City. Why should they rush a decision? They've got a new manager, who wants to assess his squad, and they will have seen how Hart has improved. They also know that if he does go to S Africa, even if he doesn't get a game, his value will increase as a result of being in the squad. There is no pressure on them to sell him, so I am quite happy for Blues to hang on in there and see if things change in the meantime. If Blues finish in the top half and Hart gets picked for England, it is likely that he will want to leave Man City to join us, which would give us a good chance. If not, we can go out and buy another keeper - so no need to panic.

WAG OF THE DAY - Ilary Blasi
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... lary-blasi

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Real Madrid are ready to capitalise on the growing rift between Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson and Nemanja Vidic by bidding for the defender. Vidic was a late withdrawal for Sunday's FA Cup match against Leeds, which United lost 1-0. The Times

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is keen to bring Atletico Madrid's Argentine winger Maxi Rodriguez to Anfield this January, initially on a short-term loan deal.Daily Mirror

Liverpool are also looking to offload player's during the transfer window with Italian left-back Andrea Dossena set to sign for Napoli in a £5m switch. Goal.com

Birmingham will test Liverpool's desire to hold on to Ryan Babel by bidding £8m for the Dutch winger in January. Independent

Birmingham are also set to tie up a £2.5m deal for Sporting Gijon's Spanish midfielder Michel but they have pulled out of a proposed move for Schalke striker Kevin Kuranyi.Daily Mirror

Chelsea have been linked with a move for Italian striker Giampaolo Pazzini for £22m but Sampdoria will only let him leave if the 25-year-old is loaned back to them for the rest of the season.Daily Mirror

West Ham and Bolton are both chasing Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes, who is out of favour at Benfica and desperate for first-team football to boost his hopes of making his country's 2010 World Cup squad. Daily Mirror

Celtic are set to boost their Scottish Premier League title bid with a loan move for Stoke striker Dave Kitson.Scottish Sun

An unlikely figure has offered to help Michael Owen in the Manchester United striker's bid to claim a place in Fabio Capello's 2010 World Cup squad. Former England cricket captain and United fan Geoff Boycott has written to Owen suggesting he try the ancient Chinese art of Feng Shui after the Test Match Special commentator utilised it during his recovery from cancer.
The Sun
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Leslie's Tuesday's Turkish B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:19 am

Always disliked Boycott for some reason ... now I know why
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:30 am

Top wag. That Pazzini is an excellent player. I'd love to see him at City.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Crazy_Cabbie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 am

"Turkish FA chiefs have put ex-Manchester City boss Hughes at the TOP of their shortlist"

Must be a shorter short list than the usuall, if he's top of it
Crazy_Cabbie
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:45 am

The English Premier League will use £7 million in television revenues due to financially-stricken Portsmouth FC to pay debts the club owes to other Premier League teams

[urlnp=http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/171293/premier-league-to-pay-tv-money-to-clubs-creditors?utm_source=sbinsl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan05]LINK[/urlnp]
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby tradey » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:22 am

Does anybody know if there are any sports bars in Destin, Florida, that will show the English Premier League? I want to see the first game of the Premier League season, but i am in Destin Florida at the time. I need to know of anywhere that may show the game, any ideas?
tradey
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: ARSENAL

Postby Chinners » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 am

You are about 4 months too late to see the first game ... we won 2-0 btw, can't remember what Arsenal did
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 am

Chinners wrote:You are about 4 months too late to see the first game ... we won 2-0 btw, can't remember what Arsenal did

also, nice WAG. it's the Italian ones that seem to break my heart everytime.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:06 am

Will we be getting a new kit for the forthcoming season?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Tony P » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 am

Noone has ever scored 7 goals in one match.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ashton287 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 am

WAG looks like the guy from black eyed peas
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 am

tradey wrote:Does anybody know if there are any sports bars in Destin, Florida, that will show the English Premier League? I want to see the first game of the Premier League season, but i am in Destin Florida at the time. I need to know of anywhere that may show the game, any ideas?

WTF?

Locked.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
tradey wrote:Does anybody know if there are any sports bars in Destin, Florida, that will show the English Premier League? I want to see the first game of the Premier League season, but i am in Destin Florida at the time. I need to know of anywhere that may show the game, any ideas?

WTF?

Locked.

hahaha fmtwf

missed this one,

Try the im a stupid fuckwit bar on dont have a clue avenue

cheers
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum