Mancini..Scum banner coming down

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini..Scum banner coming down

Postby shawzy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:03 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... _for_derby

ROBERTO Mancini has fired up the heat for Wednesday night's derby showdown by threatening to tear down a famous banner from the Stretford End.

The Blues boss has been told about the mocking flag, a permanent fixture at Old Trafford, which records the number of years since City last won a trophy.

And Mancini, who has clocked up three wins and three clean sheets since taking charge of City a fortnight ago, said ahead of the clash with United at Eastlands: "When we get to Old Trafford we will take the banner down! It is the last year it will be up, for sure."

His vow is the latest in a series of spats between the two clubs this season, starting with the Blues' poster of Carlos Tevez with the slogan "Welcome to Manchester."

Then came Michael Owen's late winner in the Old Trafford derby before Fergie appeared to fire the opening shots ahead of the double-header when it was pointed out to the Reds boss that since he moved to Old Trafford in 1986, the Blues have had 14 managers.

Fergie promised to make it 20, although he was laughing at the time.

Mancini took the jibe in good heart, saying: "I hope I stay for a long time, but I'm sure Alex was having a joke."

Mancini, a quietly-spoken, respectful manager, is not likely to get involved in mind games with Fergie, who he says he has not met often during his time in football.

"I met Sir Alex two years ago in a friendly match at Old Trafford when I was manager of Inter - that is the only time," he said.

"I also played against United for Lazio in the 1999 European Super Cup when Marcelo Salas scored the winning goal for us, so I have a winning record against Sir Alex!

"He has not been in touch with me since I came here to take over at City. He doesn't have my telephone number but I have a big bottle of wine waiting for him after the match at Eastlands."

United's shock FA Cup defeat by League One Leeds on Sunday was not such a huge surprise, reckons Mancini, given the competitive nature of English football.

He said: "In Italy it's difficult for someone like Inter or AC Milan to lose against a team from the third division.

"But in football it is always possible.

"You can play well but be unlucky in the game and get the wrong result.

"The Coppa Italia becomes important when you get to the semi-final - before that, it isn't."
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Re: Mancini..Scum banner coming down

Postby Socrates » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:13 pm

shawzy wrote: He doesn't have my telephone number but I have a big bottle of wine waiting for him after the match at Eastlands.

Nice touch. Pleased about that.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:15 pm

I would pay a lot of money to see the squad ripping it down after a trophy,then setting fire to the fucker in the middle of the pitch,then after that,torching the place.
Granted the whole squad would go down but it would be amazing.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby simon12 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:18 pm

shawzy wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1188062_mancini_fired_up_for_derby

ROBERTO Mancini has fired up the heat for Wednesday night's derby showdown by threatening to tear down a famous banner from the Stretford End.

The Blues boss has been told about the mocking flag, a permanent fixture at Old Trafford, which records the number of years since City last won a trophy.

And Mancini, who has clocked up three wins and three clean sheets since taking charge of City a fortnight ago, said ahead of the clash with U***d at Eastlands: "When we get to Old Trafford we will take the banner down! It is the last year it will be up, for sure."

His vow is the latest in a series of spats between the two clubs this season, starting with the Blues' poster of Carlos Tevez with the slogan "Welcome to Manchester."

Then came Michael Owen's late winner in the Old Trafford derby before Fergie appeared to fire the opening shots ahead of the double-header when it was pointed out to the Reds boss that since he moved to Old Trafford in 1986, the Blues have had 14 managers.

Fergie promised to make it 20, although he was laughing at the time.

Mancini took the jibe in good heart, saying: "I hope I stay for a long time, but I'm sure Alex was having a joke."

Mancini, a quietly-spoken, respectful manager, is not likely to get involved in mind games with Fergie, who he says he has not met often during his time in football.

"I met Sir Alex two years ago in a friendly match at Old Trafford when I was manager of Inter - that is the only time," he said.

"I also played against U***d for Lazio in the 1999 European Super Cup when Marcelo Salas scored the winning goal for us, so I have a winning record against Sir Alex!

"He has not been in touch with me since I came here to take over at City. He doesn't have my telephone number but I have a big bottle of wine waiting for him after the match at Eastlands."

U***d's shock FA Cup defeat by League One Leeds on Sunday was not such a huge surprise, reckons Mancini, given the competitive nature of English football.

He said: "In Italy it's difficult for someone like Inter or AC Milan to lose against a team from the third division.

"But in football it is always possible.

"You can play well but be unlucky in the game and get the wrong result.

"The Coppa Italia becomes important when you get to the semi-final - before that, it isn't."

Love it
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:19 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:I would pay a lot of money to see the squad ripping it down after a trophy,then setting fire to the fucker in the middle of the pitch,then after that,torching the place.
Granted the whole squad would go down but it would be amazing.

nah, mancio with a rocket launcher, takes out a big chunk of stretford end and the bastard banner too.

jesus i'm trippin off msg, just ate 5 spring rolls and a tub of o.k sauce.

quality little dig.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:22 pm

Rocket Launcher is a good idea,but i wanted the more scally petrol bomb effect.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Rocket Launcher is a good idea,but i wanted the more scally petrol bomb effect.

molotovs?

fuck it, just roll over the place in tanks.

The Man In Blue

Postby simon12 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Anyway can 1 of you lot on the second tier not put one up like theirs just stuck on 38.

Cheers.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:26 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Rocket Launcher is a good idea,but i wanted the more scally petrol bomb effect.

molotovs?

fuck it, just roll over the place in tanks.

Sneak preview of the lads and Roberto breaking into the Swamp after a cup win to remove the banner.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:33 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

Sneak preview of the lads and Roberto breaking into the Swamp after a cup win to remove the banner.

and the piss up on the ruins of the swamp after:

The Man In Blue

Postby ronk » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:16 pm

I want them to have to take it down and replace it with this

“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby frannylee » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm

lets do it in style :-)

[youtube]tHTbDBdY4AY[/youtube]
It's not about having what you want, it's about wanting what you have.
frannylee
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Have a guess ??!!

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Let them put whatever they want up. Severe lack of class on their part.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 pm

Funny isn't it, I was speaking to my Boss (Rag) who was saying that Leeds have done them a favour and that he's not to bothered about the CC. At this point, I reminded him of the 600 mil bank debt and 140 mil in PiK's that have already gathered around 40 mil in interest already. Combine that with their indifferent form and the possibility that they won't earn as much in the Prem or CL if they are pushed further back, he conceded that matbe the few million from the CC would actually help and it may be worth it to get to the final.

Now, he is a ST holder and has been for many years, but what I liked about the conversation was that he had already conceded defeat to us and actually said we would win the cup. When I mentioned about the banner he just laughed and said maybe they would have to change it to 34 and a bit which I replied that we now had our own and was very simple, 'Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock'. That obviously hit a cord as he then told me to 'Fuck Off' with a grimace and strolled off to his office.

I must say though, it was one of the best conversations I've had with him about City and United which suggests that he is already resigned to the inevitable.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Socrates wrote:
shawzy wrote: He doesn't have my telephone number but I have a big bottle of wine waiting for him after the match at Eastlands.

Why's he kissin arse to old senie bacon face when hes already been trying to get low shots in at our bobby manc!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Nick wrote:
Socrates wrote:
shawzy wrote: He doesn't have my telephone number but I have a big bottle waiting for him after the match at Eastlands.

Why's he kissin arse to old senie bacon face when hes already been trying to get low shots in at our bobby manc!

Read it again fella's, you must've misunderstood!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby paulh » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:08 pm

While I like the sense of humour in that banner for over 14 derbies I have sat under it when I have been unable to get in away end and must admit have bit my tongue hearing non mancs/salford sing city is our name.therefore I'd love bellers top tear it off the stretford end chew it up and spit it out
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Svensational wrote:Ive been told by many rag fans that even if we win a trophy they will just adjust the banner to how many years we havent won the league for, bastards.

i get it now - calling us bitters all this time has been a masterclass in irony!
The Man In Blue

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:15 pm

going off topic,
i think mike phelan scummer as seen the tanks,
acc to form hes being strongly linked to the vacant burnley job.
probably sick of doing bacons job interviews etc.
at least hell be able to answer for his own mistakes if hr gets it.
rats sinking ship anyone.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kyle » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:18 pm

frannylee wrote:lets do it in style :-)

[youtube]tHTbDBdY4AY[/youtube]

I'm with you, as long as they play the exact same music in the background.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum