Those Of You Who Have Lost Money Due To The Postponement

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Those Of You Who Have Lost Money Due To The Postponement

Postby King Kev » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:10 pm

I was just wondering if the club would be willing to recompense the people who had made travel arrangements for tonight's game and have lost money because of the postponement.

I understand that it wasn't the club's fault but didn't they do something similar when a pre-season tour was cancelled at short notice not so long ago?

I reckon it's got to be worth dropping them an email.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Those Of You Who Have Lost Money Due To The Postponement

Postby Scatman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:15 pm

Ask nice and they'll give you all heated seats for the rematch
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:08 pm

i know i havent paid for flights etc and feel for those guys but i paid for 2 tickets for the game cost me 80 quid. will they just roll over to the rearranged game or will i lose my money?
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:i know i havent paid for flights etc and feel for those guys but i paid for 2 tickets for the game cost me 80 quid. will they just roll over to the rearranged game or will i lose my money?

Tonights game would have been a sell out so i would think your tickets would be valid for the rearranged date.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby spiv » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:42 pm

King Kev wrote:I was just wondering if the club would be willing to recompense the people who had made travel arrangements for tonight's game and have lost money because of the postponement.

I understand that it wasn't the club's fault but didn't they do something similar when a pre-season tour was cancelled at short notice not so long ago?

It was when we got into the eufa cup early rounds they cancelled a tour to Switzerland. I sent copies of my flight details and they reimbursed the cost in full and sent me a new shirt as well.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby M147WN » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:49 pm

gillie wrote:
BlueMoonAwoken wrote:i know i havent paid for flights etc and feel for those guys but i paid for 2 tickets for the game cost me 80 quid. will they just roll over to the rearranged game or will i lose my money?

Tonights game would have been a sell out so i would think your tickets would be valid for the rearranged date.

All tickets purchased will still be valid for both re-arranged games!
I've had this in writting from kevin Parker this evening!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:07 am

King Kev wrote:I was just wondering if the club would be willing to recompense the people who had made travel arrangements for tonight's game and have lost money because of the postponement.

I don't ever think that the club I support should bale me out because of a decision I have made. Things happen in life, some of which are out of my/our control. Like the snow yesterday in Manchester. Sure I'm out of pocket, but not much .....

That's life

Why should the club sort my finances out ?

City are doing their best with things like 'Kids for a quid' or what ever it's called.

Where do we get off this roundabout ?

Personally , I have no reason to complain. I was able to play football tonight on a snow covered pitch in -8°C temperatures have a few beers with my mates, wish them all a good start in the new year. Sure, it would have been great to see the 'blue moon - river ' rising at Coms tonight , but it wasn't to be. Che sera sera.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Curlie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:55 am

Our supporters club members have lost over a grand on flights.
Flybe was looking another £88 to change the flights to 19th, when you could buy them for £89. Tempting eh!!!!
Concerned some are saying this cold weather is settled over us for a while longer and we just can't afford to risk blowing the flights again for the 19th because of weather. (I for one am being made redundant at the end of Jan. Everybody say ahhhhhhh!)
Wouldn't think City would cover our travel, after all the right call was made to postpone and it wasn't their fault but does anyone know can we get our money back on the tickets, given City should be able to resell?
City are coming to get you!
Curlie

My favourite player is: Nige

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:58 am

zuricity wrote:

I don't ever think that the club I support should bale me out because of a decision I have made. Things happen in life, some of which are out of my/our control. Like the snow yesterday in Manchester. Sure I'm out of pocket, but not much .....

That's life

City are doing their best with things like 'Kids for a quid' or what ever it's called.

Personally , I have no reason to complain. I was able to play football tonight on a snow covered pitch in -8°C temperatures have a few beers with my mates, wish them all a good start in the new year. Sure, it would have been great to see the 'blue moon - river ' rising at Coms tonight , but it wasn't to be. Che sera sera.

Been injured at work in a slip or fall that wasn't your fault?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby OliverHardy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:01 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
zuricity wrote:

That's life

Class, love it

On a more serious note, maybe we could claim from the council for not gritting the roads...
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
zuricity wrote:

That's life

Don't see the relevance of that. Care to explain ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby OliverHardy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Think he was agreeing with you and taking a poke at the blame culture we live in today.
Everyone wants to blame and claim off other people.
OliverHardy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 pm

zuricity wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
zuricity wrote:

That's life

Don't see the relevance of that. Care to explain ?

It's an advert on TV in the UK mate...he was being humurous ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby zuricity » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Thanks , must look out for it next time I watch itv over here.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:34 pm

if they had done this on tuesday, thegame wouldnt have been off.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... n-the-road
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Curlie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:20 pm

spiv wrote:

It was when we got into the eufa cup early rounds they cancelled a tour to Switzerland. I sent copies of my flight details and they reimbursed the cost in full and sent me a new shirt as well.

Thinking, we can only ask. Who did you send your invoices to spiv?
Curlie

Postby spiv » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Curlie wrote:
spiv wrote:

Thinking, we can only ask. Who did you send your invoices to spiv?

Danny Wilson dealt with it but it was the club that called it off and felt obliged to reimburse anybody that had booked flights or accomodation. The cup game fell foul to the weather so i very much doubt the club would have any obligation. No harm in trying though.
spiv
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: .

Postby Curlie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm

You got an e-mail address mate?
Curlie

Postby Colin the King » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:01 am

I was supposed to be going on that Swiss trip a few years back and the club were very good about it like Spiv says. Curlie, supporter experience is definitely the place to go, I don't have Danny Wilson's details to hand but if you e-mail Leoni who works for him, leoni.brown@mcfc.co.uk she'll get back to you in no time. They're a really helpful bunch in supporter experience.

Good luck with it.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Curlie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:25 am

Cheers
Curlie