Vieira Signed (OFFICIAL)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira To Sign Today

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 am

Im NOT ITK however i have a very reliable source that has told me we're in for David Villa this window, the same source who told me Vieira medical is at around 3 today, the same source who told me Tevez was done weeks before it was, i hope he's right this time aswell.
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby 13021J » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:Im NOT ITK however i have a very reliable source that has told me we're in for David Villa this window, the same source who told me Vieira medical is at around 3 today, the same source who told me Tevez was done weeks before it was, i hope he's right this time aswell.

I hope you're right too. Not an expert on Spanish football but Villa can play right or left side too can't he?
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby BlueSince72 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:45 am

Even it if it is £140k/week Vieira will only see £70k/week due to the 50% income tax law.....right???
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:46 am

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:Im NOT ITK however i have a very reliable source that has told me we're in for David Villa this window, the same source who told me Vieira medical is at around 3 today, the same source who told me Tevez was done weeks before it was, i hope he's right this time aswell.

Villa isn't gonna happen.

Back on topic though, im staggered by the negativity towards this transfer on here!

6 months with an option of an extra year on a player who is desparate to play week in week out and get in the france world cup squad.

may i also remind you vieira is a great player still and with a world cup place motivating him the sky is the limit for the this guy. he won't just want to succeed, he must and we'll reap the benefit.

this is a superb move by mancini.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:49 am

BoltFromTheBlue wrote:CFFR, no, word around here is he is a Spanish international, i can't say who incase its true, but its not hard to guess.

ahah, no I was just taking a dig at the press who constantly links us with Inter players since Mancini has come (and in the Vieira case that was true, lol) ;)

Anyway, a spanish international sounds interesting, although if it is who I think he's another "midget".
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks Bolty, better start a Villa thread again!

Cant believe some of the criticism of Vieira's signing on here. People are missing the point(s) entirely.

1) This is all about the next few months, even if we have to give him 18 months contract to get him.
2) Mancini seems already to have earned some trust from us wouldn't you say?
3) Mancini knows more about him than us on here I would suggest
4) If this guy tips the balance between us finishing 5th or 4th (or 2nd or 1st!!) then his wages and fee are bloody irrelevant, it's a matter of what you need

Dont be surprised if we get a couple more 'short-term' signings. It's not about 'the future blah blah' it's about Mancini's (the club's) targets between now and May. Summer is then the time to plan further.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueSince72 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:51 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
BoltFromTheBlue wrote:CFFR, no, word around here is he is a Spanish international, i can't say who incase its true, but its not hard to guess.

ahah, no I was just taking a dig at the press who constantly links us with Inter players since Mancini has come (and in the Vieira case that was true, lol) ;)

Anyway, a spanish international sounds interesting, although if it is who I think he's another "midget".

Is that to go with the midget Adebayor and Santa Cruz who is also vertically challenged!!??!! ;0)
BlueSince72

Postby AlpsMaster » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:53 am

Let's hope Mancini proves us doubters wrong in the same way Hughes did with 'Bellendemy' !!!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:54 am

Blue Blood wrote:Back on topic though, im staggered by the negativity towards this transfer on here!

6 months with an option of an extra year on a player who is desparate to play week in week out and get in the france world cup squad.

may i also remind you vieira is a great player still and with a world cup place motivating him the sky is the limit for the this guy. he won't just want to succeed, he must and we'll reap the benefit.

this is a superb move by mancini.

This. IF he gets 140k/week then it is a big wage for sure but if the deal is six months plus an option for the following year then I have no problem with it, as you said he MUST succeed to go to south Africa, and he will give all he has to do so.

BlueSince72 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:ahah, no I was just taking a dig at the press who constantly links us with Inter players since Mancini has come (and in the Vieira case that was true, lol) ;)

Is that to go with the midget Adebayor and Santa Cruz who is also vertically challenged!!??!! ;0)

Ahah, yeah those two are tall but one is off to AFrica for a month and the other is not fit atm, and we know he's quite injury prone anyway. So maybe that other spanish international would have been better on that aspect. But hey, if Villa comes I'm definitely happy with it!!

Can't see it happening in January tho.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:57 am

there was an interview with villa in revisita la liga and he said he isn't leaving spain until his wife gives birth - after that he's open to offers - when she due?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:59 am

Wooders wrote:there was an interview with villa in revisita la liga and he said he isn't leaving spain until his wife gives birth - after that he's open to offers - when she due?

She has had it. that quote was from the summer I think!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nickson71 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

the question about Villa would also be how much do Valencia need the cash at the moment ......

this could indicate weather Villa would be moving in this window or the summer one, assuming that he does move to a new club
nickson71
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:09 pm

nickson71 wrote:the question about Villa would also be how much do Valencia need the cash at the moment ......

this could indicate weather Villa would be moving in this window or the summer one, assuming that he does move to a new club

Exactly right sir. Madness to sell now unless Valencia are unable to make the summer without the cash. They staggered through last summer by putting the begging bowl round the members again, but for how long?

Noises coming out of Villa recently suggest that both his attitude to moving abroad has changed, and that it may be more imminent.

However in the Spanish press there is nothing at all on him at the moment, so lets hope Boltfromtheblue's rumour gathers pace from here!!!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueSince72 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 pm

we've got more chance of buying Aston Villa than David Villa......it just won't happen (with Garry "Calamity" Cook in charge)!!

Stop teasing yourselves....it'll only end in tears!!!
BlueSince72

Re: Vieira

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:11 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think some people just want something to moan about...excellent signing...initially only for 6 months so if the moaners are right it's hardly the end of the world...Patrick has won everything so he will also be invaluable in the dressing room

Complete win all round IMO

I'm an Aussie, I don't like moaning. I leave that for the experts. However, this signing just doesn't sit right with me. It purely comes down to if both Vieira and the Schlong are fit, who plays? Our current potential player of the season or a guy looking for one last payday and a chance to play in a world cup? He'd be playing for us for the wrong reasons.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Im only going on what ive been told guys, dont shoot the messenger!
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Re: Vieira

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 pm

dazby wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I think some people just want something to moan about...excellent signing...initially only for 6 months so if the moaners are right it's hardly the end of the world...Patrick has won everything so he will also be invaluable in the dressing room

Complete win all round IMO

I'm an Aussie, I don't like moaning. I leave that for the experts. However, this signing just doesn't sit right with me. It purely comes down to if both Vieira and the Schlong are fit, who plays? Our current potential player of the season or a guy looking for one last payday and a chance to play in a world cup? He'd be playing for us for the wrong reasons.

I think your view is too narrow, back to the 11 players routine. What you should be asking yourself is 'what the hell would happen to our season if DeJong got injured?' OR 'how can we play all these games building up with the same players'?

Squad.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby JonnyAsh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm

So far the only comments that seem to have come out from Vierra is that how desperate he is to get bak in the French squad. It would have been nice to see some comment like " What a great opportunity to help City win the Prem", but I suppose that might come out later.
I just hope he really wants to come to US and not just be arsed that he's back in England, some passion for us please Patrick
JonnyAsh

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 pm

Great signing. Great cover in mifield for us, A proven premier league player, Is still capable of playing in the premier league definitely! and a great leader!

Well done Mancini!

However, Boltfromtheblue, I hope you are right about David Villa. Oh my god imagine that!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:26 pm

I thought the passing into history of Hughes was supposed to mark a 'line in the sand' and we all just get on positively....

One single line in an OP - which mentions a totally unsubstantiated figure - £140k and then we are drowning in negativity - jeez perhaps it was the psyche of CITY fans and not Hughes after all

For all we know - it may be 6 month with options - it may be a figure based on appearances - it may be linked to top 4 finish - it may be all sorts of things - we do not know - but we do know the media always state the highest possible rumour - be are like a big fish that always have to take the bait - even if we know it is dangerous

We are supposed to be giving Mancini his chance? - what was that about slagging off Cook - who really thinks that this is his choice ? - why this need to slag off (rather than support) our own?

Anyway - for what its worth I will pose a totally unsubstantiated question - just my gut feeling - might as well - it is as probably as well-founded as the other bollocks people post..

Mancini gets offered the job - with strings....

He inherits Kidd from his academy role....

Mancini makes a good start and starts to think of the rest of the contract he will be offered if he makes it to targets this year and wants his own number 2...

He thinks about his mate Patrick who is also considering what he will do in 18months after he retires.......

What betting (if Mancini is a success) we see Patrick in a assistant role at the club??
Last edited by mcfc1632 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum