Vieira Signed (OFFICIAL)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira To Sign Today

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:deal is much better than some people were saying.

Patrick Vieira has become manager Roberto Mancini’s first signing for Manchester City.

The 33-year-old midfielder has agreed to a six-month deal, with an option of a further 12 months to follow.

Vieira’s signing from Inter Milan was completed on Friday morning. He will take the squad number 24.

Vieira signed off from Inter with a typically forceful performance in yesterday’s?????? 1-0 Serie A away win over Chievo.

The former Arsenal captain’s deal at the San Siro was due to expire in the summer, and Vieira has decided to return to England to play under his former Inter boss Mancini.

Mancini is confident that the man who helped steer Inter to successive Italian titles, will be an important addition to the Blues squad.

“Patrick is a world class midfielder with a winner’s mentality and will fit into this group very well,” declared the City chief, who has begun his reign with three consecutive wins.

number 24...thanks Joey. 6 months, very glad its not 18 like some were trying to ram down our throats. If he plays amazing, then a further 12 months would be warranted.

Thats why you should never trust what anyone says in regards to a transfer. Until its made official, its pure speculation.
You warming to it a bit now Bob?

nah bingo, doesnt excite me whatsoever, I can see the sense in 6 months, but I would have preferred a top drawer centre back and striker. plenty of time left.

Now lets see how he plays, he is in a legends shirt.

I think you will have your wish.
The Vieira signing is being massively overhyped IMO. I reckon he is an emergency signing, just to give us an extra option. The ones that we want to improve on starting spots will require a bit extra work, haggling on price, contract negotiations etc. They will be nearer the end of the window and I reckon we've got 2 more signings lined up.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:deal is much better than some people were saying.

Patrick Vieira has become manager Roberto Mancini’s first signing for Manchester City.

The 33-year-old midfielder has agreed to a six-month deal, with an option of a further 12 months to follow.

Vieira’s signing from Inter Milan was completed on Friday morning. He will take the squad number 24.

Vieira signed off from Inter with a typically forceful performance in yesterday’s?????? 1-0 Serie A away win over Chievo.

The former Arsenal captain’s deal at the San Siro was due to expire in the summer, and Vieira has decided to return to England to play under his former Inter boss Mancini.

Mancini is confident that the man who helped steer Inter to successive Italian titles, will be an important addition to the Blues squad.

“Patrick is a world class midfielder with a winner’s mentality and will fit into this group very well,” declared the City chief, who has begun his reign with three consecutive wins.

number 24...thanks Joey. 6 months, very glad its not 18 like some were trying to ram down our throats. If he plays amazing, then a further 12 months would be warranted.

Thats why you should never trust what anyone says in regards to a transfer. Until its made official, its pure speculation.
You warming to it a bit now Bob?

nah bingo, doesnt excite me whatsoever, I can see the sense in 6 months, but I would have preferred a top drawer centre back and striker. plenty of time left.

The Vieira signing is being massively overhyped IMO. I reckon he is an emergency signing, just to give us an extra option. The ones that we want to improve on starting spots will require a bit extra work, haggling on price, contract negotiations etc. They will be nearer the end of the window and I reckon we've got 2 more signings lined up.

Well it seems Left Back is getting sorted.

Centre Half,Right Back and a creative mid please Bobby lad.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bingo Lewis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Well it seems Left Back is getting sorted.

Centre Half,Right Back and a creative mid please Bobby lad.

I reckon if we can get Villa or a forward of that Ilk, we should definately do all we can to get them. Add that to what you've requested and we're laughing, although I'd be worried about having that many new signings in the team. 2 or 3 would be easy enough to blend in without much disruption, that many new players and half the first team will be new again.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Is it worth creating a new thread to let it be known it is official, or can we just amend the title?

My thoughts are that you never know if it will be a good signing or not, but I think he is that leader that we need and his influence in the dressing room alone is enough to bring him here. I know we will make bigger signings but for me, this could prove to be more of a tactical/short term fix signing.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:36 pm

This thread is going to be epic, I can sense it... more Valderama photoshops please!
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: Vieira Signed (OFFICIAL)

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Harry Redknapp's been on Sky giving his opinion on Vieira (tried to sign him obviously). Later on Harry will be discussing global warming & his theory on the exit strategy from Iraq.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:49 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:This thread is going to be epic, I can sense it... more Valderama photoshops please!

Last edited by lets all have a disco on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Harry Redknapp's been on Sky giving his opinion on Vieira (tried to sign him obviously). Later on Harry will be discussing global warming & his theory on the exit strategy from Iraq.

LMAO twatty redknapp
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Is that not an ex-City legend's old number?

If I am right I hope he has said thanks

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 pm

ant london wrote:Is that not an ex-City legend's old number?

If I am right I hope he has said thanks

Yeah I reckon it's the first thing he will say at the press conference "merci sir joey"
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby 13021J » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Is he meant to be popping down to training today? Hopefully DH will oblige us a full report...
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Bit of a nicer feel to this press conference than the last one I watched.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby irblinx » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Bit of a nicer feel to this press conference than the last one I watched.

Definitely, two football people who are respected by the press and know how to deal with them. Hopefully we won't need another press conference with Gary Cock in it for a long time
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby ashton287 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:48 pm

paulcity1975 wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A rag at work has just said (whilst laughing) ''And you'll be losing him straight away to go the African Nations Cup''

Just coz he's black he assumed he's African!! They're fuckin unreal aren't they? So knowledgable about all things football.

He is now the laughing stock of the office when it was pointed out he's French. Quality.

Man you couldnt make that up even my misses knows hes FRENCH and she supports Port Vale shes not stopped laughing since!!

classic is the only way to describe that, make sure you remind him what a complete spacktard he is every twenty minutes or so
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:54 pm

Great press conference that.

Vieira isn't just confident in himself being successful, he's sure he will be. He's got that aura about him only a few players have. I'm excited now!

Plus also should be said he really seemed to want to play for city and not just use us as a france stepping stone.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby shawzy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I was impressed with all of that..Hes got this presence and aura about him that everyone respects.He had the press like putty in his hands.Welcome Patrick.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:08 pm

A good signing and i cant wait to see him in action!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goataldo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Just my opinion but I'm not too wildly excited about this - folk seem to be getting a bit carried away but he's not kicked a ball for us yet, is knocking on a bit, and wasn't a regular for Mourinho.

My main gripe is if he's been given playing 'assurances' as has been suggested (more speculation I know), who would make way? - he can't be a stick on for selection in every game. Where would you slot him in with all our players fit?

Having said that I realise he's a proven, quality player with not only Prem experience but experience of winning it, amongst other illustrious titles. And his scarf is admittedly massive.

Also, just heard he's 9/4 to get sent off this season; not surprising with his record, and his new shirt number.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Blue Blood » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:55 pm

uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Just my opinion but I'm not too wildly excited about this - folk seem to be getting a bit carried away but he's not kicked a ball for us yet, is knocking on a bit, and wasn't a regular for Mourinho.

My main gripe is if he's been given playing 'assurances' as has been suggested (more speculation I know), who would make way? - he can't be a stick on for selection in every game. Where would you slot him in with all our players fit?

Having said that I realise he's a proven, quality player with not only Prem experience but experience of winning it, amongst other illustrious titles. And his scarf is admittedly massive.

Also, just heard he's 9/4 to get sent off this season; not surprising with his record, and his new shirt number.

He was asked about that in the press conference and flatly denied he'd been given any assurences on playing time by mancini. he also added he wanted to prove his ability to the players foremost and fight his way into the team.
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Goataldo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
uwe's_skyblue_duvet wrote:Just my opinion but I'm not too wildly excited about this - folk seem to be getting a bit carried away but he's not kicked a ball for us yet, is knocking on a bit, and wasn't a regular for Mourinho.

He was asked about that in the press conference and flatly denied he'd been given any assurences on playing time by mancini. he also added he wanted to prove his ability to the players foremost and fight his way into the team.

Good answer, cheers!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum