Hypothetical Uwaffa b*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hypothetical Uwaffa b*ll*x

Postby Dronny » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 am

So it looks like we, along with Chelski are to be potentially excluded from the chumps league while clubs with oodles of debt are allowed to compete....so far so clear.

What would folks on here think about this exclusion with the carrot of us regularly winning the PL? (polishes crystal ball)

Can you imagine that the PL regularly provides the finalists for the chumps league but City/Chelski keep on winning the PL, how stupid and devalued would the chumps league be then?

So, hypothetically, would you be happy to see us win loads of titles and stick two fingers up to Platini and Uwaffa's hair brained scheme and their precious, devalued chumps league?

Yes for me if it happens
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Hypothetical Uwaffa b*ll*x

Postby Scatman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Definitely yes for me. The european cup hasn't been the same since they let all the runners-up in. If they let ONLY the runners up in, then what a joke.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:06 am

Yea, id be fine about it to be honest.

Although it wont come to that, i get the feeling this new rule will basically mean that after a few years, the biggest clubs will be the richest and best, because income relates to fan base and success. So theoretically, Scum, Arse, Newcastle, us, Scouse 1, and the teams with the biggest grounds will end up being at the top, IF they want to play in the champs league.

The placings would all fuck up because if us and chelsea were 1st and 2nd, that means 3rd 4th 5th 6th get into the champs league. 7th 8th would get into europa,

So theres then not much point in trying to win the league, because you can finish 6th and still get into champs league.

Piss take, fuck off Platini.

I just hope that by then we are cemented into winning things every season, and our income will sore.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:10 am

Scatman wrote:Definitely yes for me. The european cup hasn't been the same since they let all the runners-up in. If they let ONLY the runners up in, then what a joke.

Absolutely. Bring back European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners Cup the way they were.

Besides Real, AS Milan, Juventus would all be excluded alongside us, Chelsea, Rags and Scousepool if they were really strict about it. Champion's League would lose all interest, which is just fine for me as I think it's bit of a Mickey Mouse competition right now anyway.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Without a doubt...Blitz mentality...would love to keep winning the prem and telling Platini and the other cheese eating surrender monkeys where to shove their supposed Champions League
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Scatman wrote:Definitely yes for me. The european cup hasn't been the same since they let all the runners-up in. If they let ONLY the runners up in, then what a joke.

Absolutely. Bring back European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners Cup the way they were.

Besides Real, AS Milan, Juventus would all be excluded alongside us, Chelsea, Rags and Scousepool if they were really strict about it. Champion's League would lose all interest, which is just fine for me as I think it's bit of a Mickey Mouse competition right now anyway.

I agree absolutely with this. The UEFA Cup was a great competition as was the European Cup. It's THEM who created the unfair balance in football with their shitty boring endless Chump's league & this season, with clubs like us, Spuds, Villa threatening the top 4 here & teams in Russia growing stronger each year with big money backing threatening the dominance of their preferred elite, (especially the corrupt AC Milan, Juventus etc), they're trying to fix it again so it remains the same. It's corruption, pure and simple.

Someone sooner or later is going to challenge these people & if they fuck with us, we could be that challenger. If they kick us out of the Chumps league btw, what will stop the Sheikh setting up a breakaway league by offering all the greedy self interested twats more money than Platini currently gives them?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Totally with you on this lads. Nothing more exciting than a two legged cup tie.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Socrates » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I agree absolutely with this. The UEFA Cup was a great competition as was the European Cup. It's THEM who created the unfair balance in football with their shitty boring endless Chump's league & this season, with clubs like us, Spuds, Villa threatening the top 4 here & teams in Russia growing stronger each year with big money backing threatening the dominance of their preferred elite, (especially the corrupt AC Milan, Juventus etc), they're trying to fix it again so it remains the same. It's corruption, pure and simple.

Someone sooner or later is going to challenge these people & if they fuck with us, we could be that challenger. If they kick us out of the Chumps league btw, what will stop the Sheikh setting up a breakaway league by offering all the greedy self interested twats more money than Platini currently gives them?

Nothing, except for the fact that he is unlikely to behave like a spoiled brat...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Socrates wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Nothing, except for the fact that he is unlikely to behave like a spoiled brat...

So there'd be no money to be made in such a venture?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crossie » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:57 pm

while there at it, bring back Division 1,2,3, and 4.

How can you be in division 2, but actually be in the 4th tier.

Bring back goalie with no gloves, wooden goal posts, plastic pitches.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:15 pm

I think what's worse is the fact that to make enough to qualify entry you have to win the cup or at least get to the final (for instance with the rags). So that means if we do get in and win the thing and break even we are okay but if we don't get into top 4 before the rule comes into action we are basically screwed. I think this was why our owners took such drastic (maybe too much?) measures with the way they got rid of Hughes and didn't fuck about. They know there isn't time to waste they want us in Europe before this shit happens. They were patient and were gonna give Hughes time me thinks but Platini the fucker forced Hughes sacking. Of course this is all a guess but it makes sense to me.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Crossie wrote:while there at it, bring back Division 1,2,3, and 4.

That's not bad idea actually. I thought changing 1st division to Premier League was silly but calling second division "Championship" was simply retarded. You play in "Championship" where your aim is to win promotion. Of course one team will be champions of....errrr....Championship.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Scatman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Crossie wrote:while there at it, bring back Division 1,2,3, and 4.

That's not bad idea actually. I thought changing 1st division to Premier League was silly but calling second division "Championship" was simply retarded. You play in "Championship" where your aim is to win promotion. Of course one team will be champions of....errrr....Championship.

Hang on a minute there. Had these changes not come about, we'd have to go back a lot further than 2002 for the last time we were crowned first division champions
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Socrates » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

So there'd be no money to be made in such a venture?

The way you put it erm no! And even if there was, how would such a venture improve Abu Dhabi's standing in the worldwide community?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Think how exciting it would be to see a team from Greece play a team from Andorra for the Champions League final.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Martinez » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:58 pm

Florida Blue wrote:Think how exciting it would be to see a team from Greece play a team from Andorra for the Champions League final.

Exactly, if the best teams & players are no longer allowed in the competition, fans will lose interest, then the TV networks will lose interest and then there will be no money left in Chumps league and no one will want to qualify anyway. It's all about money regardless what Platini thinks or what genius sanctions he can conjure up, he's pretty much shooting himself in the foot and he doesn't even know it, twat!
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Martinez wrote:
Florida Blue wrote:Think how exciting it would be to see a team from Greece play a team from Andorra for the Champions League final.

Exactly, if the best teams & players are no longer allowed in the competition, fans will lose interest, then the TV networks will lose interest and then there will be no money left in Chumps league and no one will want to qualify anyway. It's all about money regardless what Platini thinks or what genius sanctions he can conjure up, he's pretty much shooting himself in the foot and he doesn't even know it, twat!

That and the realization that unless this is done, we will never see another French team in the final, and I bet that is his ultimate motive.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Socrates wrote:
The way you put it erm no! And even if there was, how would such a venture improve Abu Dhabi's standing in the worldwide community?

Do you actually believe this stuff or are you just posting things to be argumentitive? If running a league with all the World's best clubs in it wouldn't make money, why the fuck are tv companies paying through the nose for football? If running the Abu Dhabi Chapions league wouldn't promote their best interests, what the fuck are they doing bothering with us? Jesus mate don't just talk through your hat in order to promote your own side of a discussion, it's childish, I don't believe for one minute you're genuine with what you've posted there, you're not that dumb.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Do you actually believe this stuff or are you just posting things to be argumentitive? If running a league with all the World's best clubs in it wouldn't make money, why the fuck are tv companies paying through the nose for football? If running the Abu Dhabi Chapions league wouldn't promote their best interests, what the fuck are they doing bothering with us? Jesus mate don't just talk through your hat in order to promote your own side of a discussion, it's childish, I don't believe for one minute you're genuine with what you've posted there, you're not that dumb.

You suggested he pay a vast amount of money to do it, so how would he make money? By definition he would have to outbid UEFA then would earn from a smaller pot as the tournament would be devalued.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:

It works for darts!
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum