Friday's Big B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's Big B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 am

Manchester City make £4m bid for Argentina left back Cristian Ansaldi
Manchester City are on the verge of a deal to sign Cristian Ansaldi, 23, for £4 million from Rubin Kazan. The Argentina left back has helped his team to win consecutive Russian titles since moving from Newell’s Old Boys two years ago and played in the 2-1 victory away to Barcelona in the Champions League in October.
He would become the third left back the club have signed in the past year. Sylvinho, 35, who joined last summer, has been deputising in that position recently because Wayne Bridge has been out with a knee injury and may not return for another month.

Scouts from Arsenal, Spurs and Manchester City will make their latest checks on Victor Moses this weekend as the battle to sign the Crystal Palace youngster hots up.
The cash-strapped Championship Eagles have put striker Moses, 19, up for sale to raise funds.
And the Selhurst Park club are desperate to offload the starlet as they have had problems meeting their wage bill.
Moses, who has five goals this season, is valued at around £3.5million by Palace.
But Palace are willing to loan him out for the rest of the season in return for around £1.5m.
Representatives from Premier League clubs, including Man City’s football administration officer Brian Marwood, are due to watch Moses against Bristol City tomorrow.

Patrick Vieira joins Manchester City's £100,000 club
Patrick Vieira, one of the more formidable competitors to grace the Premier League, has returned to English football as part of Manchester City's money-no-object bid to be recognised among the sport's leading forces. The former Arsenal captain was in Manchester tonightto finalise the details of his contract and take a medical examination and has been lined up to make his debut in Monday night's game against Blackburn Rovers. Four and a half years since leaving England, the man whose clashes with Roy Keane came to epitomise Arsenal's rivalry with Manchester United will join the growing band of players at City to be paid in excess of £100,000-a-week, initially on a six-month contract but with the option of another year written into the terms. The 33-year-old has lost his place in the France national squad after being marginalised at Internazionale under José Mourinho and said he was returning to England to further his ambitions of playing in a fourth World Cup. "I set myself an objective – I want to go to the World Cup," Vieira, who has not played in a competitive fixture for France since September 2007, said. "The important thing for me is to go to Manchester City and to show the coach [Roberto Mancini] I'm the same player as when he was in charge of Inter." Vieira played his final match for Internazionale in a 1-0 victory over Chievo last night. "He was great in his last game for us," Mourinho said. "He is a player that we will certainly miss now that he is leaving. It was the best way to say goodbye to us and I wish him all the best in his new life."
City have not been short of accomplished central midfielders, with Gareth Barry, Nigel de Jong, Stephen Ireland and Vincent Kompany all in contention, but Mancini identified Vieira because he felt the club were short of a player in that position who had experience of winning the Premier League. Mancini has come to think of City as lacking natural leadership and Vieira, a veteran of France's 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000-winning side could conceivably take the captaincy from Kolo Touré, who is currently away in the African Cup of Nations.The arrival of such a high-profile player is the first major piece of business since the transfer window opened and nobody will be surprised that it is City who have made the opening move. Mancini is not planning the kind of wholesale changes that typified Mark Hughes's time in charge, but he now regards strengthening the team's defence as a priority and has identified another of his former players from San Siro, the Colombian Iván Córdoba as a possible target.The partnership between Touré and Joleon Lescott has been erratic, at best, and both players would be under threat of their places if Mancini can negotiate successfully with his former club again.

FACTFANS BOLLOX
Vieira's salary has been quoted in the morning papers ranging from £90k to £150k a week

WAG OF THE DAY- Danielle Bux
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... nielle-bux

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Defender Sol Campbell is set for a shock return to Arsenal, but only if manager Arsene Wenger sells Philippe Senderos in the January transfer window. Daily Mirror

Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola is delaying signing a new contract with the club until they can guarantee the signing of Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas. Daily Star

However, Spanish rivals Real Madrid are preparing to derail Barcelona's attempt to sign Fabregas. President Florentino Perez and director general Jorge Valdano have held talks about a £43m bid.The Sun

Liverpool have entered the race to sign Marouane Chamakh with the offer of a pre-contract agreement for the Bordeaux striker, who can leave the French club for nothing at the end of the season. The Guardian

Wolves have made a £3m offer for Hull winger Stephen Hunt.The Sun

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is willing to make Kenwyne Jones the club's highest earner if he can lure him from Sunderland, but is unwilling to pay the £11m the Black Cats want for the striker.The Times

Former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen, who is now at Monaco, is closing in on a £2m move to Blackburn. The Sun

But Gudjohnsen is also wanted by West Ham and Tottenham.Daily Mirror

Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan has blocked Austrian defender Emanuel Pogatetz's proposed £1.5m move to Greek club Panathinaikos. Daily Mail

Hull boss Phil Brown is chasing Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood, who is currently on loan at Championship side Newcastle. The Sun

Liverpool are expected to conclude a £1.5m deal for Atletico Madrid winger Maxi Rodriguez in the next 24 hours.The Times

And Reds boss Rafael Benitez also wants to sign Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici for £2m.The Sun

Winger John Utaka is set to start an exodus at cash-strapped Portsmouth by joining French side Sochaux. Daily Mirror

Defender Younes Kaboul is also expected to leave Portsmouth, with Sunderland keen on the former Spurs player.Daily Mail

Stoke City are considering a £1m move for ex-Wigan striker Amr Zaki, while Marseille enquire about Bolton striker Johan Elmander's availability. Daily Mail

West Ham want to sign striker James Beattie on loan but Stoke say they will only consider a permanent transfer.The Times

Aberdeen want to scupper Hibernian's attempt to sign Falkirk defender Darren Barr. Daily Record

YOUR ARE THE REF BOLLOX - Roberto Mancini

OTHER BOLLOX
Norwich manager Paul Lambert has emerged as a leading contender to replace Owen Coyle at Burnley.Daily Mail

Or Burnley want to talk to Simon Grayson about becoming their new manager. Daily Mirror

Swansea boss Paulo Sousa has also been linked with the vacant job at Turf Moor.The Guardian

In a bid to keep striker Kris Boyd at Ibrox, Rangers are promising to make him one of their best-paid players - on a salary of £18,000 a week. Boyd has been linked with moves to Birmingham and Middlesbrough.: Daily Record

Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney is set to become club captain next season should Gary Neville retire in the summer.The Sun

And United defender Rio Ferdinand could make his long-awaited comeback from injury in the home game with Burnley on 16 January.Daily Mirror

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti could offer the club's 21-year-old Slovakian Nemanja Matic the chance to take over the first team's holding midfielder role in the absence of Michael Essien and John Mikel Obi.
Daily Mail

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is so fed up with freezing conditions ruining training that will take his players to Dubai if Saturday's game at Birmingham is called off.
The Sun
Last edited by Chinners on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's Big B*ll*x

Postby Scatman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:02 am

You are the ref:

1. Book the offending player for timewasting or being within 10 yards of the ball. If he does it again, send him off.
2. The goal stands.
3. Send the keeper off.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:05 am

Scatman - the unofficial referee of mancityfans.net
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:08 am

Chinners wrote:Scatman - the unofficial referee of mancityfans.net

Was I right?
Scatman

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 am

Scatman wrote:You are the ref:

1. Book the offending player for timewasting or being within 10 yards of the ball. If he does it again, send him off.
2. The goal stands.
3. Send the keeper off.

1. Book the offending players continually and keep retaking the penalty until they obey the rules
2. The goal stands.
3. give a free kick
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:22 am

Scatman wrote:

Was I right?

Ha ha, I don't know, the official answers are out on Monday!

I agree with answers 2 & 3 mind. The first one's a bit weird, booking each player in turn and then sending them off in turn then results in the scenario of that team having less than 7 players so do you then abandon the game?
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:31 am

Chinners wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Was I right?

Ha ha, I don't know, the official answers are out on Monday!

I agree with answers 2 & 3 mind. The first one's a bit weird, booking each player in turn and then sending them off in turn then results in the scenario of that team having less than 7 players so do you then abandon the game?

One would imagine the players wouldn't be so silly as to allow it to get as far as that, unless it was the last game of the season v Middlesboro. One booking should do the trick.
Scatman

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:35 am

Scatman wrote:

Was I right?

1. and 2. Yes. You wouldn't send off keeper though as he isn't blocking clear goal scoring opportunity with his hand ball. That's yellow and freekick.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:36 am

You are the ref:

1. Book the offending player for time wasting if he does it again send him off.
2. The goal stands.
3. Warn the keeper and award a free kick.

I cant let it pass.

DANIELLE BUX IS FACKING FINE,One of the best WAGS EVER.
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,LINEKER IS ONE LUCKY FUCKER.

Thats what im talkin bout willis.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:02 am

1. Tell them the next one who does it gets a kick in the bollox. Failing that book the twat & award a free kick to the opposition for 'ungentlemanly conduct'.

2. Goal stands. Book keeper & tell him he's a big girl's blouse & would've been a laughiing stock 'in my day'

3. Award free kick against keeper, yellow card. ( If rag show red card, followed by red card for ranting alcoholic manager )
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:14 pm

You the Ref.

1.Award free kick to defending team for ungentlemanly conduct.
2.Award goal.
3.Red card keeper and award direct free kick to opposing team.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blackadder » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:1. Tell them the next one who does it gets a kick in the bollox. Failing that book the twat & award a free kick to the opposition for 'ungentlemanly conduct'.

2. Goal stands. Book keeper & tell him he's a big girl's blouse & would've been a laughiing stock 'in my day'

3. Award free kick against keeper, yellow card. ( If rag show red card, followed by red card for ranting alcoholic manager )

Ted wins...

And Ted, you sound perfect for refereeing in our local sunday league, £20 a game if you fancy it!
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Return to The Maine Football forum