Neven Subotic

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Neven Subotic

Postby Beeks » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:27 pm

Out of everyone we have been linked to in this window this is the guy I want in

22 years old and probably one of the most promising defenders in Europe

No brainer for me
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Neven Subotic

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:31 pm

Dortmund insist that there's no chance they'd sell him during the season. That said, EVERY player in German Bundesleague have price.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:32 pm

Not a bad shout. Another CB I've heard good things about, but haven't seen play myself, is Nicolas Otamendi, from Velez Sarsfield I think. Another Argie, incidentally, if we were to get both him and Ansaldi, with Tevez and Zabba already here and the club colours, we'd look a bit like another Argentina, lol.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Never heard of him, but he's got one of the coolest names I've ever seen.

I'm fucking subotic!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:36 pm

mr_nool wrote:I'm fucking subotic!

Does his Mrs know?
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I'm fucking subotic!

Does his Mrs know?

Minor s. As in the adjective. But yes, she's a part of our Ménage à trois. Loveley grirl, makes great tea as well, and always makes sure I feel just at home.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:19 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Not a bad shout. Another CB I've heard good things about, but haven't seen play myself, is Nicolas Otamendi, from Velez Sarsfield I think. Another Argie, incidentally, if we were to get both him and Ansaldi, with Tevez and Zabba already here and the club colours, we'd look a bit like another Argentina, lol.

Otamendi is a great shout all the top clubs are sniffing round him (rags apparently being one club in question).
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:36 pm

gillie wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Not a bad shout. Another CB I've heard good things about, but haven't seen play myself, is Nicolas Otamendi, from Velez Sarsfield I think. Another Argie, incidentally, if we were to get both him and Ansaldi, with Tevez and Zabba already here and the club colours, we'd look a bit like another Argentina, lol.

Otamendi is a great shout all the top clubs are sniffing round him (rags apparently being one club in question).

So why aren't we? ;) Seriously tho, if he's so promising why haven't we been in for him? Well, not according to the papers at least, we haven't been linked with him as far as I know. If we are after him though, then it's a covered operation, which would be a good modus operandi for the club.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Knappe » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:16 am

Everything that weakens Borussia Doofmund is okay for me lol
but i think, City can get better CBs for its money
Die Nummer 1 im Pott sind wir
Knappe
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Schalke04

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
gillie wrote:

So why aren't we? ;) Seriously tho, if he's so promising why haven't we been in for him? Well, not according to the papers at least, we haven't been linked with him as far as I know. If we are after him though, then it's a covered operation, which would be a good modus operandi for the club.

We would be screwed on international weekends or midweek games. Too many South americans travelling so far will have a negative impact at some point
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30 am

Wonderwall wrote:We would be screwed on international weekends or midweek games. Too many South americans travelling so far will have a negative impact at some point

That is true. However I think the concept could then be extended to African players as they would have to make long travels too to play with their national teams, and if we think this way it may limit our possible targets quite a bit.

Since we are on the topic of CBs, who would be good enough for us, possibly young, and European, besides Subotic?
CityFanFromRome

Return to The Maine Football forum