My local litle french team v Olympic Marseille

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

My local litle french team v Olympic Marseille

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 am

My local little french team (Trelissac FC) are playing Olympic Marseille in the last 32 round of the cup tomorrow and they are at home. Their stadium holds 2,800 people, so they have moved it a few km's down the road to a bigger stadium that holds 10,200.

Everyone thinks they are going to get hammered by a record scoreline :-( I have been to watch trelissac FC a couple of times and they are the equivalent of a league 2 team, however, the french set up is not as professional as the English league structure. The actual equivalent would be unibond league, even though they are only 3 leagues lower than marseille.

Impossible to get tickets for and they are going for 200 € on the black market locally. Amazing, however, they will be available to watch on a stream if anyone is interested in a goal fest ;-)

On a side note, Trelissac FC is the team that scouted my lad earlier this year for those that read the thread.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: My local litle french team v Olympic Marseille

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:18 am

Wonderwall wrote:My local little french team (Trelissac FC) are playing Olympic Marseille in the last 32 round of the cup tomorrow and they are at home. Their stadium holds 2,800 people, so they have moved it a few km's down the road to a bigger stadium that holds 10,200.

Everyone thinks they are going to get hammered by a record scoreline :-( I have been to watch trelissac FC a couple of times and they are the equivalent of a league 2 team, however, the french set up is not as professional as the English league structure. The actual equivalent would be unibond league, even though they are only 3 leagues lower than marseille.

Impossible to get tickets for and they are going for 200 € on the black market locally. Amazing, however, they will be available to watch on a stream if anyone is interested in a goal fest ;-)

On a side note, Trelissac FC is the team that scouted my lad earlier this year for those that read the thread.

We could all have a whip round and send the proceeds in a brown envelope down to the Marseille, that should avoid a goal fest and might see your local team advance....allegedly
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 am

Wonderwall wrote:On a side note, Trelissac FC is the team that scouted my lad earlier this year for those that read the thread.

Missed that thread, did they take him or not in the end? Anyway, I think for teams like that meeting a "giant" is always going to be a festive event, even if they get badly hammered (which often doesn't happen at all as the big team will be relaxed and the small team will give all they have) so I can understand the enthusiasm of their fans for this match.

Also, thanks for clearing a bit about how the lower English leagues compare to the other continental ones, I've always wondered how would a unibond league team do in countries like France or Italy as I've always suspected the English football system is much more competitive than the other nations even in the lower levels, thus the teams are stronger than their continental counterparts; the Italian equivalent of unibond league would be the Serie D, which is amateur and some semi-pro clubs if I'm not mistaken, but I doubt any club from that league could hold its own against a unibond league team, due to the clubs being divided in much more (and smaller) regional groups, which imho makes the competition less fierce, and lowers the level of the teams involved.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:On a side note, Trelissac FC is the team that scouted my lad earlier this year for those that read the thread.

Missed that thread, did they take him or not in the end? Anyway, I think for teams like that meeting a "giant" is always going to be a festive event, even if they get badly hammered (which often doesn't happen at all as the big team will be relaxed and the small team will give all they have) so I can understand the enthusiasm of their fans for this match.

Also, thanks for clearing a bit about how the lower English leagues compare to the other continental ones, I've always wondered how would a unibond league team do in countries like France or Italy as I've always suspected the English football system is much more competitive than the other nations even in the lower levels, thus the teams are stronger than their continental counterparts; the Italian equivalent of unibond league would be the Serie D, which is amateur and some semi-pro clubs if I'm not mistaken, but I doubt any club from that league could hold its own against a unibond league team, due to the clubs being divided in much more (and smaller) regional groups, which imho makes the competition less fierce, and lowers the level of the teams involved.

no they didnt take him, poor kid. He just didnt perform on the day.

Yes, the league system in france is very professional in Ligue 1 and 2 and after that its very diluted.
Wonderwall

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Yes, the league system in france is very professional in Ligue 1 and 2 and after that its very diluted.

like the attendances WW they are very poor from the div 2 down !! also i don't think there will be that goal fest you reckon some of the Marseille players are out & don't forget what happened in 2008 against carquefou also from the CFA2 (they lost 1-0)maybe only 2or 3 nil to l'OM tomorrow
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:25 pm

dazlebluefrog wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

like the attendances WW they are very poor from the div 2 down !! also i don't think there will be that goal fest you reckon some of the Marseille players are out & don't forget what happened in 2008 against carquefou also from the CFA2 (they lost 1-0)maybe only 2or 3 nil to l'OM tomorrow

Marseille have around 8 1st team players out, but it shouldnt worry them too much. Although I am hoping for a shock ;-)
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:35 pm

another thing you may not know about the French minor leagues, they operate a different point scoring system

4 points for a win
2 points for a draw
1 point for a loss

Table on this page http://fr.soccerway.com/national/france ... 0/group-f/
Wonderwall

Postby petrov » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:another thing you may not know about the French minor leagues, they operate a different point scoring system

4 points for a win
2 points for a draw
1 point for a loss

isn't that the old rugby system.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:43 pm

petrov wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:another thing you may not know about the French minor leagues, they operate a different point scoring system

4 points for a win
2 points for a draw
1 point for a loss

isn't that the old rugby system.

no idea mate, I have never been into egg chasing apart from watching the so called big games. I wouldnt tell you the positions in a rugby team and what they are supposed to do?

This scoring system is great for a team in form, otherwise it pretty much calculates the same as our system
Wonderwall

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
no idea mate, I have never been into egg chasing apart from watching the so called big games. I wouldnt tell you the positions in a rugby team and what they are supposed to do?

This scoring system is great for a team in form, otherwise it pretty much calculates the same as our system

ahah, same for me, I like to watch the odd international game but I can understand little of the game itself I fear, especially some refereeing decisions are completely obscure to me. But that scoring system they use in the French lower leagues seems interesting, even losing is rewarded, but apart for that it's not much different from the system used in most of the football leagues in the world as there is still a 3 points difference between winning and losing, and a two points difference between drawing and winning.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby MSG77 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:11 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:But that scoring system they use in the French lower leagues seems interesting, even losing is rewarded, but apart for that it's not much different from the system used in most of the football leagues in the world as there is still a 3 points difference between winning and losing, and a two points difference between drawing and winning.

The only logic I can see in it would be to avoid forfeits. Would make sense for a league which is more amateur in nature. Also one which may have concerns with facilities and security that may result in games being cancelled.

Reward teams for at least showing up. I would guess if there was a forfeit, the winner would get 4 and the loser would get 0, so it is beneficial to show up and play the game rather than cancel. It rewards teams for not having games cancelled, which hurts gate revenue - a huge thing for small clubs.

Also discourages teams from forfeiting when they may think they'll get killed in order to avoid a hit to Goal Differential or percentage or whatever. If they were missing key players, they still get a point even if they get killed, instead of canceling or rescheduling the game to try to get players back. If the game never went ahead, they wouldn't hurt their GD, but they'd lose the point which would be more valuable.

Other than that, the difference in points for wins, draws, and losses is the same.
"this man is a equivalent of large and strong a construction that badly constructed you know, but without real figure, as you say, it does not classify. a thus affectionate man of the alcoholic drink can only influence its condition lies them. the mental state! that is why own goals from richard are many, the guilt shall lie only at legs of Arthur Guinness!" - LazioFanFromManchester
MSG77
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 pm

Did your team win WW or what mate?

I didnt catch the game.
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Did your team win WW or what mate?

I didnt catch the game.

its Today Lewis about 4.30 UK time, but we have had a shit load of snow in the last 48 hours, so it might not be on, going to look for a stream later.
Wonderwall

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:Did your team win WW or what mate?

I didnt catch the game.

its Today Lewis about 4.30 UK time, but we have had a shit load of snow in the last 48 hours, so it might not be on, going to look for a stream later.

Ah right. I thought i had missed the game thats all. Yeh, if you can find the stream and i will also be on the lookout. I think i will have a watch of this. Should be an interesting game and hopefully wont be called off!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:28 pm

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports

try this its on eurosport france WW if you've got it,
just watching plabennec (a brittany team18th in the 3rd div )against Nice (16th in div 1) 2-1 to plabennec who deserve the lead ,5 mins to go ,will be the only big shock so far if it stays the same
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:41 pm

just finished in the plabennec -nice match with the underdogs winning 2-1 great for them as they have the smallest buget in the division
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:45 pm

streams a plenty here http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports

I am PC bound Dazlebluefrog, the missus has full control of all things TV!
Wonderwall

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 pm

i've told mine if she wants the ironing done today i'll do it if i can watch the tele lol she's off to the big hypermarket for the sales
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:47 pm

carn't see there being a shock result now WW 1-0 L'OM 16mins gone
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 pm

not too bad, we might nick a draw :-)