Best Striking Partnership?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Best Striking Partnership?

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:05 pm

So we have Ade coming back, obviously he wont be playing vs Blackburn but we'll have him back sooner than expected. RSC is back to fitness according to the OS and Carlitos is on fire atm. Bellers can do a job anywhere across a front three or two and with the new manager even Benjani can't be discounted. then there's that Brazilian lad who we have on the books, what's his name again?

So going off what you have seen so far, who would be your preferred front two/three?

For me, if its 4-4-2 i'd go Tevez----Santa Cruz. They looked brilliant at times vs Scumderland, really looked like they had been playing with each other for years. Maybe its the Spanish South American thing or maybe (as i think) their styles of play compliment each other perfectly.

4-3-3 is a bit harder but i'd still like to see the aforementioned two together, so: Bellers/Robinho----RSC----Tevez. We all know that Bellamy won't be playing every game so him and Robson can be used alternatively.

Thoughts?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Best Striking Partnership?

Postby King Kev » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Horses for courses as far as I'm concerned. Each of our strikers offers something different, hopefully the manager can play them in the right games using the right tactics to get the best out of them.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:29 pm

Let Tevez hold a dance off and judge the winner who shall be named his partner for the next 7 and a half yrs.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Agree with KK, there's a good case for most partnerships depending on the weak spots in the oppo. I even include Adebayor/RSC as a possible partnership depending on the makeup of the rest of the team. Ade likes to drift & RSC's happy to hunt in the box if directed. I wouldn't fancy our CB's marking those 2.

Still like us to have a genuine 30 goal per season goal machine in the squad though. We're relying on Tevez at the mo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:48 pm

King Kev wrote:Horses for courses as far as I'm concerned. Each of our strikers offers something different, hopefully the manager can play them in the right games using the right tactics to get the best out of them.

Fence sitter ;)

Overall, I reckon Tevez and Ade will be our first choice. If Ade's off form or injured then I'm sure RSC is more than capable of filling in and against the smaller sides, I'm sure Bellamy would be moved up front because having two strikers like Bellamy and Tevez up front would be enough to wreck any defender's head!!

Ah the choices...
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Sam Harris & Vuoso
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby citytilliporkpie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:00 pm

surely has to be ade and tevez as 1st choice partnership.

And im confused about the spanish/south American point Whos spanish?
citytilliporkpie
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:03 pm

citytilliporkpie wrote:surely has to be ade and tevez as 1st choice partnership.

And im confused about the spanish/south American point Whos spanish?

Their language.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby 13021J » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Conlon and Greenacre
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:30 pm

If we are going 442 then I'd say Ade and Tevez, with RSC to take Ade's spot if he's out of form. If we go 433, then Robson/Bellamy Ade Tevez, again with RSC ready to take Ade's place if needed.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:16 pm

How about Santa Cruz and Tevez, to do what Toshack and Keegan did for Liverpool in the '70s?
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 am

i know it's a bad time to criticise, but RSC in one game vs sunderland did more that Ade had done in two months. can't see why ppl are giving him such footballing leeway. he's been poor. RSC deserves a run in the team if fit.
The Man In Blue

Postby dikdik » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:52 am

What he said.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:19 am

The Man In Blue wrote:i know it's a bad time to criticise, but RSC in one game vs sunderland did more that Ade had done in two months. can't see why ppl are giving him such footballing leeway. he's been poor. RSC deserves a run in the team if fit.

I agree. Right now my pick would be RSC and Tevez.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Colin the King » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:33 am

It's a tough one.

When Ade and Tevez were playing together, even though as a team we were scoring goals, they didn't seem to suit each other. Some decent play but nothing really promising. Since Ade's been out of the team, Tevez has started scoring freely- although you could argue that's more to do with him reaching peak fitness after being injured in the summer. They could yet strike up a great partnership. RSC and Tevez looked outstanding together against Sunderland but the likelihood is that Santa will pick up injuries (only going on his career to date, it's not a criticism) so they mightn't be able to get a long stretch together.

Tevez and Bellamy have looked great as a partnership, they're both so tenacious that it must be a nightmare to defend against. The only weakness there is no height whatsoever which could be a problem against certain teams. No-one knows what will happen with Robinho, although if he is staying put I think he'd be more effective through the middle, where he plays with Brazil.

I wouldn't expect Ade to be starting anytime soon- it's going to take a while for him to sort his head out, of course, but something I'd like to see at some stage is he and RSC up front together. It'd be a different approach but a set-piece taker's dream.

So, there's no best striking partnership as such- we have different options for different situations, which is great. Thinking towards Blackburn on Monday though, I'd like to see a similar set up to Sunderland, with Tevez, Bellamy and Santa Cruz all involved. The latter two both played for them so you'd bet on them scoring and Tevez can't stop- easy this management stuff!
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Return to The Maine Football forum