Keep Micah? Or Sell?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Would you like to keep Micah or Sell him?

Sell
7%
Keep
93%

Total votes : 88

Re: Keep Micah? Or Sell?

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:51 am

Nick wrote:Pearce was his father figure, the best manager he has had''. One again more positive comments about Pearce and I think he really was underated and doesnt deserve the shit he got on here. I was just thinking last night, the last time we went into away games and I knew we'd win was that spell when Pearce took over. All the money and talent we have now and an away win is like Xmas. Im still doubtful with alot of home games!

As IBH says, insanity of the first order. Or maybe my memory is fading regarding these dead cert away games? I also thought we'd just won the last two now?

Pearce was 'Clueless' and any attempt by the former Hughes-out brigade to hijack the name was pure plagiarism!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:20 am

Nick wrote:Pearce was his father figure, the best manager he has had''. One again more positive comments about Pearce and I think he really was underated and doesnt deserve the shit he got on here. I was just thinking last night, the last time we went into away games and I knew we'd win was that spell when Pearce took over. All the money and talent we have now and an away win is like Xmas. Im still doubtful with alot of home games!

And I was thinking about how we went into home games, and I knew we weren't going to win or even score.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:29 am

I agree with the comments about Micah being more of a CB than a RB, thus him not being able to go back quickly enough when we lose the ball. I also think he's a better CB than RB, not only for that but also because of his feet, he's not good enough on the ball to be an attacking full back like Maicon and Alves. But his physique and sprint could make him a top class CB if only he had more concentration and ability to read the game, however those usually come with age and experience, and maybe the guidance of a more expert top class CB. I could see a very good partnership in Micah and Tourè, one attacks the ball (Micah) the other covers behind him (Tourè). It could really work, imho.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:29 pm

What a nonsense from you yet again. Pearce era was fucking dark ages. Watching City was like watching paint dry under him. I didn't like Hughes but he was like fucking Joe Mercer compared to Pearce.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

What a nonsense from you yet again. Pearce era was fucking dark ages. Watching City was like watching paint dry under him. I didn't like Hughes but he was like fucking Joe Mercer compared to Pearce.

I hear what you're saying mate, but I think a lot of that was down to the playing staff. When any manager comes in, they normally have a decent amount of cash to buy the players they need to fit their system. He didn't really get to do that... I know he got Samaras and that was obviously a mistake, but other than that, it was pretty much Cole, Riera and Vassell and having just lost Anelka, he had to oversee the departure of SWP.

I hated those times, but I don't blame Pierce as much as others do. I don't think we'd have a problem scoring, conceding or getting motivated if we had Pierce now. We'll never know I suppose...

As for the topic - why would the richest club in the world sell a 21 year old?

Keep of course.
Original Dub

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Pearce very nearly destroyed the whole match experience for me and my kid. I actually walked out the ground and came home twice in a season at HALF TIME because i was totally and utterly bored shitless, the despair i felt watching the team under him was overpowering. I missed the last 4 or 5 games of his tenure and I was on the verge of doing something very stupid to get my point across to Pearce that he was fuckin shite, clueless and his football was utter dross to watch.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:"A lot of teams have good players but get broken down easily - we were like that," adds Richards.

"The great teams have compact shapes and know what jobs they are doing. They have 10 players behind the ball as soon as they lose it.

Fine words - would sound a lot more credible if I had not seen him for the last couple of seasons losing the ball repeatedly and then not being arsed to do more than a slow jog back towards our defensive area

Actions would mean more to be than hollow words...

But lets just hope that the new manager can make him feel concerned enough about his future that he gets some form back

Perhaps the answer is not to have him going forward so much if he can't get back or at least order someone to cover rather than showing him up. Imo he's a CB rather than a RB & I recon a lot of CB's struggle to get back quickly when they run forward. Watching Dunney for Villa, if he goes up it takes him an eternity but they cover for him. Usually the ball's gone back forward by the time he gets back. I don't think Micah has the right kind of fitness to keep on going up & down, he's a sprinter not a runner.

So - I will accept most of that - so he is not a RB - and he is not good enough to be a first choice CB in the richest team in the world - so why not sell at the right time - probably this summer
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:48 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:So - I will accept most of that - so he is not a RB - and he is not good enough to be a first choice CB in the richest team in the world - so why not sell at the right time - probably this summer

Because the world doesn't end in the summer, so if he's not good enough now, but has ten or more years ahead of him and shows potential to be good enough in a season or two, it's right to keep him until he gets to that level. Remember that Tourè is near the 30 mark and Lescott is not much younger, and based on the form showed this season they aren't good enough either, so why sell Micah and not one of them then?
CityFanFromRome

Postby dazby » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:48 am

Everyone sticking to their opinions?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:39 am

dazby wrote:Everyone sticking to their opinions?

I sure am, as I voted to keep him ;)
CityFanFromRome

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum