Robinho - what does the future hold?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho - what does the future hold?

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Potentially one of the best players in the world and a City player too, how lucky we are to have him at our club. Often quoted as to how we need to develop a winning mentality and to aim high it will be interesting to see how Robinho responds to the arrival of Mancini and his ways of working. The comments from Vieira as to winning the title this season should help to drive Robinho to produce more end product, particularly at home where he has more of the ball.

Will he deliver or will he look to move on?

Given City have immense wealth and are starting to produce the results that the recent spending has expected are there many clubs which Robinho could go to from City where it would be viewed as a move up? Barca instantly comes to the mind but after this?

Like Mancini has said, Robinho has the opportunity to write history for City. A fit, on form Robinho could help to bring trophies to City this season. The title would be very hard but not impossible. The Carling Cup is three matches. This is the time for Robinho to step up and deliver performances that we know he is capable of, make the difference and help to turn us into winners.

Having Robinho as a City player at the World Cup would also be a great benefit in the transfer window as we would look to improve our first team with world class signings.

IMO Robinho will deliver this season and bring many magical moments for us to enjoy.

Any thoughts...
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Re: Robinho - what does the future hold?

Postby Kladze » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:Potentially one of the best players in the world and a City player too, how lucky we are to have him at our club. Often quoted as to how we need to develop a winning mentality and to aim high it will be interesting to see how Robinho responds to the arrival of Mancini and his ways of working. The comments from Vieira as to winning the title this season should help to drive Robinho to produce more end product, particularly at home where he has more of the ball.

Will he deliver or will he look to move on?

Given City have immense wealth and are starting to produce the results that the recent spending has expected are there many clubs which Robinho could go to from City where it would be viewed as a move up? Barca instantly comes to the mind but after this?

Like Mancini has said, Robinho has the opportunity to write history for City. A fit, on form Robinho could help to bring trophies to City this season. The title would be very hard but not impossible. The Carling Cup is three matches. This is the time for Robinho to step up and deliver performances that we know he is capable of, make the difference and help to turn us into winners.

Having Robinho as a City player at the World Cup would also be a great benefit in the transfer window as we would look to improve our first team with world class signings.

IMO Robinho will deliver this season and bring many magical moments for us to enjoy.

Any thoughts...

I hope you're right but I have serious doubts.
If Robinho genuinely wants to be seen as the best footballer in the world he needs to make a start by becoming the best footballer at his club.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby french_tony » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:52 pm

The problem is that Robinho for me - and I am sure its the same fora number of other city fans - is that he is not currently anywhere near our starting 11 at the moment. Something I can't quite believe and would be saying a year ago!
On current form he deserves to be behind Bellamy and Petrov for that starting place on the left. I feel more confident at the moment of winning a game with one of those two in the team over Robbie, especially Bellers.
I know he's been injured a bit but he has played a fair few games this season and is yet to score or make any meaningful contribution. His body language on the pitch seems to me like he does not want to be here.
I will never forget the moment he signed and the sheer euthoria of it all and his performance against Portsmouth at home is probably the greatest individual display I have seen from a City player in the flesh.
But I do not think he has a long term future here sadly, however much it pains me to say it. Hope I am proved wrong, I really do!!
french_tony
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Robbie is my hero, and before you ask, I am RIGgers in disguise!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:03 pm

I don't actually think he is one of the best players in the world. One of the most magical & visionary (on his day) who I hope is still at City when he's 32 but he was often on the bench at Madrid, in a side with few 'galacticos' in it. The true Madrid 'galacticos' of the past were all a level above him.

He's a great assett if we can get the best out of him but in truth he's never been as consistantly good in his career as Tevez is right now. He'll never be able to hit a ball like Le Tissier or beat players like Kinkladze but he can produce match winning moments & that could win us trophies if we can fit it all together. If we can't he has to go.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't actually think he is one of the best players in the world. One of the most magical & visionary (on his day) who I hope is still at City when he's 32 but he was often on the bench at Madrid, in a side with few 'galacticos' in it. The true Madrid 'galacticos' of the past were all a level above him.

He's a great assett if we can get the best out of him but in truth he's never been as consistantly good in his career as Tevez is right now. He'll never be able to hit a ball like Le Tissier or beat players like Kinkladze but he can produce match winning moments & that could win us trophies if we can fit it all together. If we can't he has to go.

Pretty much agree with this. He did create magic with Ireland at times last season, but he's too much of a playing-samba-football-on-the-beach-for-fun kinda player to ever be world class. World class moments, yes. World class player, no.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Why single Robinho out for analysis . Every F*ckin' week ? There must be loads of threads about Robbie. Give it a rest. It's a team game and a Squad that gets involved.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:10 pm

zuricity wrote:Why single Robinho out for analysis . Every F*ckin' week ? There must be loads of threads about Robbie. Give it a rest. It's a team game and a Squad that gets involved.

In reality it's a team plus Robinho game. For everyone else it's a team game.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Crazy_Cabbie » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:11 pm

I have no doubt that Bobby Manc will bring out the Best in Robbie,

I has become apparent to me that although Robbie is not playing to his own high standard,
he is starting to put in a shift, great off the ball movement and for me best of all, tracking back to help out defence,
something that was distinctly lacking during hughes's reign...

On a side note I dont think Hughes knew how to deal with him, and under hughes his forn has dropped and dropped, where in the end he became quite an average player.

Now Bobby Manc is here I reckon we will start to see more and more of Robbie, and he will get his confidence back, and show his worth to us all....
Last edited by Crazy_Cabbie on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy_Cabbie
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ashton287 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 pm

The future holds stepover's, thumb sucking, samba dancing and many many trophies. It's as simple as that.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Crazy_Cabbie wrote:I have no doubt that Bobby Manc will bring out the Best in Robbie,

I has become apparent to me that although Robbie is not playing to his own high standard,
he is starting to put in a shift, great off the ball movement and for me best of all, tracking back to help out defence,
something that was distinctly lacking during hughes's reign...

On a side note I dont think Hughes knew how to deal with him, and under hughes his forn has dropped and dropped, where in the end he became quite an average player.

Now Bobby Manc is here I reckon we will start to see more and of Robbie, and he will get his confidence back, and show his worth to us all....

I agree that he's been trying harder but not just under Mancini. If you have a video of it, have a look at his workrate v Palace in the CCup before he was injured. By his standards he put in a bigger shift than I've ever seen from him anywhere. It's not just about his workrate though it's about actually making a difference. So far he hasn't but I recon he will after seeing his little run out at Wolves.

He has to though or he's history.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 pm

I think I might just let Robbie do his talking with his feet as like most, I haven't seen enough of him this year to actually judge him. I enjoyed his contribution last year and without his goals, we would probably never have finished in the top 10.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby paulh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:25 pm

certainly not one of the best in the world an inflated ego who has been found out in english prem/cannot adjust. world class players adjust to any league. his moments of magic have had me on edge of seat but to many times he has faded away. I would love to eat my words but i doubt it
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby razor400 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 pm

I can see a swap deal in the summer, Robbie off to Barca and Zlatan coming here. Mystic Raz has spoken (or typed coz I don't talk out loud when I'm typing)

mmmmmmmmmmmm Strongbow
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think I might just let Robbie do his talking with his feet as like most, I haven't seen enough of him this year to actually judge him. I enjoyed his contribution last year and without his goals, we would probably never have finished in the top 10.

Robbie is a magic majestic phenomenon, also a lazy bastard at times who makes the wrong calls defensively. I really cannot make my mind up whether he can actually cut it in the premier league at the top. He needs a run in THIS City side for us to make our mind up, but we cannot afford to carry anyone in our quest for top 4. He has the magic in his boots, does he have the desire to match it?

We will know by the end of the season.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beeks » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:31 pm

Kladze wrote:If Robinho genuinely wants to be seen as the best footballer in the world he needs to make a start by becoming the best footballer at his club.

What he said
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:32 pm

razor400 wrote:I can see a swap deal in the summer, Robbie off to Barca and Zlatan coming here. Mystic Raz has spoken (or typed coz I don't talk out loud when I'm typing)

mmmmmmmmmmmm Strongbow

On a very egotistical notion, I'd hate to see Zlatan playing for City. I enjoy being one of very few Swedes with this obsession, and wasn't very happy seeing Sven here. Zlatan is HUGHE in Sweden and barca have around 9 million more fans this season than they had last.

That said, I think he'd be a real improvement on both RSC and Adebayor.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 pm

mr_nool wrote:
razor400 wrote:I can see a swap deal in the summer, Robbie off to Barca and Zlatan coming here. Mystic Raz has spoken (or typed coz I don't talk out loud when I'm typing)

mmmmmmmmmmmm Strongbow

On a very egotistical notion, I'd hate to see Zlatan playing for City. I enjoy being one of very few Swedes with this obsession, and wasn't very happy seeing Sven here. Zlatan is HUGHE in Sweden and barca have around 9 million more fans this season than they had last.

That said, I think he'd be a real improvement on both RSC and Adebayor.

I don't. Great big Swedish pansy.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:Why single Robinho out for analysis . Every F*ckin' week ? There must be loads of threads about Robbie. Give it a rest. It's a team game and a Squad that gets involved.

No It's not and stop thinking like that.

It's a team game and a squad is available for selection. One of them is Robinho, just like one of them is Ireland or Zabaleta or Barry. Every week some thread gets started about Robbi , discuss this , discuss that. Why not one about Barry , Toure, Lescott, Bridge ( every week i mean !) , all under performing.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

No It's not and stop thinking like that.

It's a team game and a squad is available for selection. One of them is Robinho, just like one of them is Ireland or Zabaleta or Barry. Every week some thread gets started about Robbi , discuss this , discuss that. Why not one about Barry , Toure, Lescott, Bridge ( every week i mean !) , all under performing.

I think your being a bit sensitive towards robbie here, all players get it in the neck if they underperform.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum