Joey Hart - Englands number 1?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Joey Hart - Englands number 1?

Postby Wooders » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 am

Our lad is making a good case for it in my humble opinion

We definately need to try and keep hold of him somehow, someway - how we work this one I don't know
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Joey Hart - Englands number 1?

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 am

give him an improved contract and let him stay on at brum for another season. then bring him back to see if he can oust shay. thats the big problem though, i can see shay carrying on for years with this kind of form.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 am

I'd give Shay 2 seasons after this before Hart catches him up. The question is, will Hart want to stay with us that long, being loaned out to other Prem clubs? He may be enjoying being Birmingham's main reason for their league position, and another season there and he may want to make it permanent, as he's young, and has time to win medals in a decade or so.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 am

Thing is as much as he's improving, being England number 1 isn't what it used to be is it? Premier leagues number 1 would be a lot harder to acheive and since that's where we play he's not ready for us yet.

Simple really, we're loaded, pay him more let him go back to Brum and keep him learning.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 am

I really rated Joe when he was playing for us, and from what I have heard he has improved a lot whilst at Birmingham.

It's hard to think of a better English 'keeper.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Crossie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:49 am

Surely the lad must be able to think clearly. Whats the problem with belonging to us, but playing your precious first team football with another team? He wanted first team football and he is getting it. Brum are probably paying half his wages anyway.

If I was him, id accept that Given is the best goalie in the league, Hart maybe the 2nd best at the moment, but thats not good enough.

If he has any sense he will bide his time for 2/3 more years, keeping his eye on making a return to us when Given starts to fade. Keep Given as the back up for another season or 2 to pass on what he can to Hart.

Thats the keeper situation sorted out for the next 6/7 years.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:50 am

King Kev wrote:It's hard to think of a better English 'keeper.

i don't think theres any argument at all on current form. plus he is the only English keeper in the prem who has not had a proper go between the sticks for the national team.

who else is there?

Jamo - good keeper but can we really go to the world cup with a forty year old in net? the game's moved on a lot since Dino Zoff.
Green - seen him make some terrible howlers this season, for WHU and England. backup for me.
Kirkland - If fit for me should be Joe's main rival. a top keeper, just does not seem to have the body for it. a shame.
The Man In Blue

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 am

But but but but but Ben Foster is so much better is he not??? I mean he must be, he is playing for United!!

Honestly cannot believe that Hart is still not England's keeper. Best English Keeper imho and I am not saying that because I am a City fan.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 am

avoidconfusion wrote:But but but but but Ben Foster is so much better is he not???

Who?
The Man In Blue

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:32 am

acc to some reports foster is up for sale.
just been on ssn.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Just caught the back end of Sunday Supplement and they started on the England No 1 and Winter and Custis stated that Foster is it, despite his crap form, blaming it on injury. After the other fella said that Joe has to be the best on form so far, Custis drivelled that he would be seriously worried if Joe went out to SA!!!

Is this bloke a complete idiot; has he not got eyes in his head and a brain to understand what he is seeing?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby citytilidie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:22 pm

My keepers would be :-

Steve Harper (Newcastle)
Joe Hart
Rob Green
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 pm

It's simple to me.

Hughes wanted Given, he got him in. Given has done a job.

Hart was dropped for this. I wonder if Hughes said anything to him because he was making noises about possibly leaving towards the start of the season.

Now Hughes has gone , perhaps Hart will think that he might have a chance to earn his right to play at City.

So as I see it, he should complete his loan, come back to City in the summer and prove to the Manager why he should be City's number 1.

I think he has been getting very good experience this term and despite what people say about goalies in their late thirties
still being good, it's only because they don't have to run 12-15 km in a match at high tempo like the outfield players. In that the physical side of their game is much less arduous.

I think it would be good for City and both goalies if he comes back in the summer with the aim of becoming City's preferred choice. Let performances decide it.

Furthermore a trip to the World Cup and any experience won't do him any harm.

The more football shows that spring up dilutes the quality pf the reporting, hence we get to hear third and fourth rate opinions , less informed and somewhat myopic. If Foster or Robinson should get a shout before Joe for the World cup, I would be seriously worried about England's chances. I'd even leave James behind, he's too old now.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:59 pm

zuricity wrote:It's simple to me.

Hart was dropped for this. I wonder if Hughes said anything to him because he was making noises about possibly leaving towards the start of the season.

Now Hughes has gone , perhaps Hart will think that he might have a chance to earn his right to play at City.

So as I see it, he should complete his loan, come back to City in the summer and prove to the Manager why he should be City's number 1.
I think he has been getting very good experience this term and despite what people say about goalies in their late thirties
still being good, it's only because they don't have to run 12-15 km in a match at high tempo like the outfield players. In that the physical side of their game is much less arduous.

I think it would be good for City and both goalies if he comes back in the summer with the aim of becoming City's preferred choice. Let performances decide it.

The more football shows that spring up dilutes the quality pf the reporting, hence we get to hear third and fourth rate opinions , less informed and somewhat myopic. If Foster or Robinson should get a shout before Joe for the World cup, I would be seriously worried about England's chances. I'd even leave James behind, he's too old now.

No offence mate, but that would be the worst idea I can think of for Joe Hart.

I happen to agree he is currently England's best goalkeeper and in a few years you could well have one of the best in the business between the sticks internationally.... but a battle between him and Shay (or pretty much anyone and Shay) is only gonna end one way and that's with Joe sitting on the bench for a few years which I'd hate to see.

Now I read a post of yours before which said Shay has cost us defensively and has poor decision making so I'm afraid I have to take this post with a similar pinch of salt as I did the last.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I happen to agree he is currently England's best goalkeeper and in a few years you could well have one of the best in the business between the sticks internationally.... but a battle between him and Shay (or pretty much anyone and Shay) is only gonna end one way and that's with Joe sitting on the bench for a few years which I'd hate to see.

Now I read a post of yours before which said Shay has cost us defensively and has poor decision making so I'm afraid I have to take this post with a similar pinch of salt as I did the last.

Joe Hart is nowhere near as good as Shay at the moment. It's not that long ago he was responsible for some absolute schoolboy howlers that cost Brum points. He's had a few excellent games recently behind a 10 man defence & is progressing nicely. Lots of other young keepers have done the same over the years though & hardly any ended up in Shay's class. If he keeps improving for the next couple of years THEN he's a genuine challenger.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Joe Hart is nowhere near as good as Shay at the moment. It's not that long ago he was responsible for some absolute schoolboy howlers that cost Brum points. He's had a few excellent games recently behind a 10 man defence & is progressing nicely. Lots of other young keepers have done the same over the years though & hardly any ended up in Shay's class. If he keeps improving for the next couple of years THEN he's a genuine challenger.

Amen.

England don't have a pick of excellent keepers so he should be in with a shout, but Shay's one of the best in the world and its because he's been steady for YEARS at club and international level, not just for a few games.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I'd go with this.

Hart is hugely promising keeper and having a great spell right now but that's the thing playing for Birmingham, mistakes are easier forgiven than for City of today.

It's good place for him to grow and gain confidence + improve his game. In few years we will see whether he is ready for the big job but I don't think he is ready yet.

Refarding Hart as England number one for World Cup. Step too far for me. You need to experience to deal with the enormous pressure of being England goalkeeper in World Cup. Shit World Cup might destroy his career.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Wooders wrote:Our lad is making a good case for it in my humble opinion

We definately need to try and keep hold of him somehow, someway - how we work this one I don't know

We offered him a double money contract according to the media of course that's gonna make Birmingham loaning him again next season a LOT more difficult for them unless we agree to pay part the wages which we probably won't.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby sweenyuk » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:55 pm

I can still not see why everyone see's Shay as the best goalie in the Prem. We have leaked goals consistently since he has been here. Before Given we had a good defensive record and crap attack, now our defence is a shambles, so we sold Dunne only for him to find form at Villa, bought proven internationals with no improvement and seen Birmingham go 12 games undefeted with one of our goalies in net for them..... Given believes his own Bull Shit and prances around the area thinking he is the worlds #1 in a game where he has conceeded 3 goals against a crap Sunderland side, just because we are still winning it at 4-3.... He is rooted to his line and fails to organise his defence. He makes great saves, but had he been in the right place in the first place he would not have needed to...
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:51 pm

sweenyuk wrote:I can still not see why everyone see's Shay as the best goalie in the Prem. We have leaked goals consistently since he has been here. Before Given we had a good defensive record and crap attack, now our defence is a shambles, so we sold Dunne only for him to find form at Villa, bought proven internationals with no improvement and seen Birmingham go 12 games undefeted with one of our goalies in net for them..... Given believes his own Bull Shit and prances around the area thinking he is the worlds #1 in a game where he has conceeded 3 goals against a crap Sunderland side, just because we are still winning it at 4-3.... He is rooted to his line and fails to organise his defence. He makes great saves, but had he been in the right place in the first place he would not have needed to...

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! What an attack on one of the world's best (and your own club's) goalkeepers??

Fucking hell, our defence was Given's fault now?!!

Which would, by your reasoning, make him the most improved keeper in the land, because we only leaked one goal in the last four games?!!

No, as much as I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking all of the above, I'll stick with what I've watched him do for about 10 years now and also what Trappatoni and Mancini have said "He's the best goalkeeper I've ever worked with" and "one of the top 5 in world football".

Nuff said.
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum