Joey Hart - Englands number 1?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joey Hart - Englands number 1?

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:
sweenyuk wrote:I can still not see why everyone see's Shay as the best goalie in the Prem. We have leaked goals consistently since he has been here. Before Given we had a good defensive record and crap attack, now our defence is a shambles, so we sold Dunne only for him to find form at Villa, bought proven internationals with no improvement and seen Birmingham go 12 games undefeted with one of our goalies in net for them..... Given believes his own Bull Shit and prances around the area thinking he is the worlds #1 in a game where he has conceeded 3 goals against a crap Sunderland side, just because we are still winning it at 4-3.... He is rooted to his line and fails to organise his defence. He makes great saves, but had he been in the right place in the first place he would not have needed to...

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! What an attack on one of the world's best (and your own club's) goalkeepers??

Fucking hell, our defence was Given's fault now?!!

Which would, by your reasoning, make him the most improved keeper in the land, because we only leaked one goal in the last four games?!!

No, as much as I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking all of the above, I'll stick with what I've watched him do for about 10 years now and also what Trappatoni and Mancini have said "He's the best goalkeeper I've ever worked with" and "one of the top 5 in world football".

Nuff said.

I see where he was coming from with the goals being leaked ever since around the time we got Shay but that wasnt Shay to blame that was happening before Shay that's why Joe Harts shining now Hughes is to blame in my eyes for the leaking goals I think the last 4 games prove it and the fact Joe Hart left and instantly became a better keeper with a lesser defence. *Simples* Hughes could never organize the defence he blamed Dunne hell the fans blamed Dunne as we needed somebody to blame but it obviously wasn't Dunne it was bad tactics... It wasn't Dunne nor Shay now can we get over this and move on?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sweenyuk wrote:I can still not see why everyone see's Shay as the best goalie in the Prem. We have leaked goals consistently since he has been here. Before Given we had a good defensive record and crap attack, now our defence is a shambles, so we sold Dunne only for him to find form at Villa, bought proven internationals with no improvement and seen Birmingham go 12 games undefeted with one of our goalies in net for them..... Given believes his own Bull Shit and prances around the area thinking he is the worlds #1 in a game where he has conceeded 3 goals against a crap Sunderland side, just because we are still winning it at 4-3.... He is rooted to his line and fails to organise his defence. He makes great saves, but had he been in the right place in the first place he would not have needed to...

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! What an attack on one of the world's best (and your own club's) goalkeepers??

Fucking hell, our defence was Given's fault now?!!

Which would, by your reasoning, make him the most improved keeper in the land, because we only leaked one goal in the last four games?!!

No, as much as I'm sure you have your reasons for thinking all of the above, I'll stick with what I've watched him do for about 10 years now and also what Trappatoni and Mancini have said "He's the best goalkeeper I've ever worked with" and "one of the top 5 in world football".

Nuff said.

I see where he was coming from with the goals being leaked ever since around the time we got Shay but that wasnt Shay to blame that was happening before Shay that's why Joe Harts shining now Hughes is to blame in my eyes for the leaking goals I think the last 4 games prove it and the fact Joe Hart left and instantly became a better keeper with a lesser defence. *Simples* Hughes could never organize the defence he blamed Dunne hell the fans blamed Dunne as we needed somebody to blame but it obviously wasn't Dunne it was bad tactics... It wasn't Dunne nor Shay now can we get over this and move on?

Yee haw, I agree with you!

But you shouldn't keep asking everyone to "move on" from every single debate, because if we did, Bob and Lee would have to close the empty forum down...

And how would we know where to get a stream for the matches? ;)
Original Dub

Postby dazby » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:02 am

I heard a stat recently that Joe had made more saves than any other goalkeeper in the league. Counterpoint to this is that Brum have conceded more shots on goal than any other team.

He's had a lot to do and done it well. Maybe if he could marshall the troops better he wouldn't have as many saves to make.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:10 am

As it stands...Shay is still a better keeper than Joe...loan him out to Brum again next year and see where we stand next season

If by then we are starting to win things then who knows...he might want to stick around regardless
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:28 am

I'd hate to see Joe playing for England right now.
Being England's keeper at a young age seems to be a bit of a nightmare to be honest.
If he makes one mistake in any game, especially the world cup though, and its costs England the game, the media are on said young keepers back in some frenzied fashion. It fucks up a lot of keepers. Say what you want about foster, but he was a good upcoming young keeper until he fucked up for England, same with Green, although he has had another chance recently, same with Carson.
Stay away from it until you're prepared for the whole country to be slagging you off, and be able to bounce back from it succesfully.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:35 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I'd hate to see Joe playing for England right now.
Being England's keeper at a young age seems to be a bit of a nightmare to be honest.
If he makes one mistake in any game, especially the world cup though, and its costs England the game, the media are on said young keepers back in some frenzied fashion. It fucks up a lot of keepers. Say what you want about foster, but he was a good upcoming young keeper until he fucked up for England, same with Green, although he has had another chance recently, same with Carson.
Stay away from it until you're prepared for the whole country to be slagging you off, and be able to bounce back from it succesfully.

Joe's got more bollocks than those 3 combined though. I think he will definately be wanting to get on that plane come the summer
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 am

Wooders wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I'd hate to see Joe playing for England right now.

Joe's got more bollocks than those 3 combined though. I think he will definately be wanting to get on that plane come the summer

I've no doubt he'll want to.
I don't want him to.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 am

I don't want to see him as England keeper right now either.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:41 am

I think your reasoning for it is flawed though - wouldn't have expected you to come out with that sort of pansyness
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:47 am

Wooders wrote:I think your reasoning for it is flawed though - wouldn't have expected you to come out with that sort of pansyness

Sod off you feltcher.
I'm just worried about his development.
I don't really like any City player playing for England. Purely because of how the media treat them.
I'll never forget NOTW doing that fake interview with Sven for the Villa (?) job, a few weeks before the world cup. Haven't they done summat similar recently with John Terry too? Its as if the media want England to fail, and target players themselves to gain it. I don't want any blues putting up with it.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 am

you do have a point that the media love to try and ruck things up for england players and managers alike - god knows why they do it, but they do - still, I think he should go and shower himself in glory
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:56 pm

It would be the worst thing that could happen to him. Only a couple of months ago he was still making the same mistakes at Brom as he was with us last year. He is in fine form at the moment but plays with a ten man defense in front of him and it's much easier to look good as a keeper in a backs to the wall side.

Going to the world cup as in inexpierenced keeper and being poor just like Robinson was at the last world cup could ruin him.

He will be still young come the next world cup but hopefully he will have CL games under his belt and at least 20 starts for his country.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum