just watched Inter Milan v Siena

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

just watched Inter Milan v Siena

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 pm

good game to catch by chance on ESPN. I was really interested especially because Maicon was playing. I have not seen him play for a long time and wanted to see what all the fuss was about as he is constantly linked with us.

What can I say, he made Richards look world class. I am not kidding, Maicon was all over the place and looked awful! The game itself ended 4-3 to inter, however, Inter were 3-2 down until the 87th minute and were in danger of losing their 7 year unbeaten home record... 7 years? Thats what the commentator said anyway, thats a long time!! He also said this would have been the mother of all shocks as Siena are rock bottom.

Best player on the park was Wesley Sneijder, in fact he was the only one that looked top class and inter had a decent team out there. A special mention for ex boro player Massimo Maccarone who scored two for Siena, he looked better than he did for Boro!

Also Mourinho was doing his usual running on the pitch and ball boy tactics when he was losing.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: just watched Inter Milan v Siena

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:good game to catch by chance on ESPN. I was really interested especially because Maicon was playing. I have not seen him play for a long time and wanted to see what all the fuss was about as he is constantly linked with us.

What can I say, he made Richards look world class. I am not kidding, Maicon was all over the place and looked awful! The game itself ended 4-3 to inter, however, Inter were 3-2 down until the 87th minute and were in danger of losing their 7 year unbeaten home record... 7 years? Thats what the commentator said anyway, thats a long time!! He also said this would have been the mother of all shocks as Siena are rock bottom.

Best player on the park was Wesley Sneijder, in fact he was the only one that looked top class and inter had a decent team out there. A special mention for ex boro player Massimo Maccarone who scored two for Siena, he looked better than he did for Boro!

Also Mourinho was doing his usual running on the pitch and ball boy tactics when he was losing.

To be honest mate I think a lot of what you're saying is a result of Serie A being far weaker than the prem at this stage. Sneijder is a class player and there's no doubt Inter have a few decent players but I think we have a far stronger team in a far stronger league and it was another reason I was underwhelmed with the Vieira signing. Maybe he just didn't fit into Jose's system, but if it is because he's not good enough for their team, then he certainly ain't gonna be good enough for ours.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, I hope to God he proves me wrong!!

Maccarone scoring two against Inter... just fucking wow. Never would that have happened about ten years ago IMO. And AC Milan and the others are even weaker.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:good game to catch by chance on ESPN. I was really interested especially because Maicon was playing. I have not seen him play for a long time and wanted to see what all the fuss was about as he is constantly linked with us.

I agree with you regarding Maicon and that's why I've stayed out of conversations regarding him. Great going forward, shit at defending.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:38 pm

A young Swede is playing for Siena (Albin Ekdahl, on loan from Juventus). I think he bagged one and passed to one of Maccarone's.
Got loads of potential that kid.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:52 pm

From what little I know of Maicon, he is world class going forward but pretty shit at defending. I don't think we need him at City really.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 pm

That is not true because Roma beat them 3-1 at San Siro three years ago so it can't be 7 years. And tbh I don't think that's been their only defeat at home in recent years, either, although they are rare.

About Maicon...I've always said he's world class going forward, but very suspect when properly attacked, glad that you saw it with your own eyes at least there will be something else thinking that now :D

Sneijder is class, wish we had gone for him (or Van der Vaart) in the summer...

mr_nool wrote:A young Swede is playing for Siena (Albin Ekdahl, on loan from Juventus). I think he bagged one and passed to one of Maccarone's.
Got loads of potential that kid.

Yeah he scored. Don't know about the assist tho. Anyway, yes, I've heard he has talent, but I've seen very little of him myself.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby edge275 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm pretty sure the 7 year home record is Mourinho's.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 pm

edge275 wrote:I'm pretty sure the 7 year home record is Mourinho's.

Ah, that could be.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:09 pm

That is very possibly it then.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Did anyone see the Juve Milan match? Beckham actually looked quite good. Juve were shocking bar Chiellini.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby BobKowalski » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Yep its Mourinho's. If I recall Mourinho has only ever lost 1 home league game. Ever. In nearly a decade of football management. In 3 different leagues.

And people say he's not that good.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm

BobKowalski wrote:

Yep its Mourinho's. If I recall Mourinho has only ever lost 1 home league game. Ever. In nearly a decade of football management. In 3 different leagues.

And people say he's not that good.

He's both good & successful.

The sort of football to spend £500M on & wait 30 odd years for? No fucking thanks. Even a 4-3 goalfest game's boring as shite & almost totally devoid of quality football. Might as well just watch the fucking scores on teletext if that twat takes over.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:46 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Juve were shocking bar Chiellini.

This is starting to become an habit. With all the calls for Hughes to be sacked when he was our manager (me being one of those whoi wanted him out, admittedly), I can't imagine what this board would be like if we were in Juve's situation. I feel Ferrara has a very short time still as their manager.
CityFanFromRome

Return to The Maine Football forum