DECEMBER FORM

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

DECEMBER FORM

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:59 pm

I just had a check through the December results, with so many games and so many ups and downs, I thought I'd see how the last 6 games reflected on present form....It made quite pleasant reading...and the Chelsea form was a bit of a suprise.

ARSENAL....W W D W W W...Dropped 2pts + (another 2pts yesterday) = 4pts
CITY.........W D L W W W....Dropped 5pts
BRUM.......W W W D D W.....Dropped 4pts + (another 2pts yesterday) = 6pts
VILLA.......W W W W L L.....Dropped 6pts
SPURS.......D L W W D W.....Dropped 7pts
the rags.....W L W L W W....Dropped 6pts + (another 2pts yesterday) = 8pts
L'POOL......D L W D D W......Dropped 8pts
CHELSEA.....L D W D D W....Dropped 9pts

Conclusion...This title race is still wide open and we are very much still in it.
Last edited by john68 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Re: DECEMBER FORM

Postby bobadji » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

i was gunna wait till after tonights game before posting, but I was looking at the table and getting a wee bit giddy how we're still in this. It seems no-one wants to win the league on current form, and we could sneak right up there.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 pm

john mate, looking at the form it was Brum who dropped points at the weekend!
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mike J » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

this season has been a funny one. the top teams are dropping more points than ever. anything is still possible.

its going to be an exciting 2nd half of the season thats for sure.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:21 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:john mate, looking at the form it was Brum who dropped points at the weekend!

My bad mate...I ommitted to add yesterday's Brum result. Thanks for noticing...Have edited the OP.
(Maybe i was just happy that the rags had fucled up)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 pm

So only Arsenal had a better December and that was because of an injury time equaliser yesterday!

The title is most definitely up for grabs and I'm not ruling anything out in this crazy season.... it is very hard not to get giddy, but I'm still putting my bets on us finishing 3rd!
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:So only Arsenal had a better December and that was because of an injury time equaliser yesterday!

The title is most definitely up for grabs and I'm not ruling anything out in this crazy season.... it is very hard not to get giddy, but I'm still putting my bets on us finishing 3rd!

If we finish 3rd the summer is cancelled,i'll be pulling me plonker.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:39 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Original Dub wrote:So only Arsenal had a better December and that was because of an injury time equaliser yesterday!

I honestly think that's where we'll finish mate. If we finish first, then you won't have a plonker left I'd imagine?!
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:39 pm

Exciting times even just for these next 2 games. A week from now we'll probably all be either giddy or depressed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I honestly think that's where we'll finish mate. If we finish first, then you won't have a plonker left I'd imagine?!

I''l be happy with 3rd and a cup,in that case i'll need a spare.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I''l be happy with 3rd and a cup,in that case i'll need a spare.

Now that Lytham's missus has fucled off with Bobby Manc...you could borrow his....:-)
(I must remember Big Bri's hat tonight)
john68

Postby AlpsMaster » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Thanks John.

Although I have made the mistake about getting excited about the dropped points league before as we have to win any games in hand not to slip down such a table!!!!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john68 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:28 pm

AlpsMaster wrote:Thanks John.

Although I have made the mistake about getting excited about the dropped points league before as we have to win any games in hand not to slip down such a table!!!!

TBH, I'm not getting excited just yet.
I just remember that in '68, like now, we were always just behind the leading pack and so few us believed we could do it. Even with only 3 games to go, we seemed out of it.
Joe Mercer stated that his big job was to convince ALL THE CLUB, INCLUDING THE FANS. It is important that we present day fans are convinced, we are the 12th man and we can do so much to create an atmosphere to help push us across the finishing line at the top.
john68

Postby AlpsMaster » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:01 pm

john68 wrote:

I just remember that in '68, like now, we were always just behind the leading pack and so few us believed we could do it. Even with only 3 games to go, we seemed out of it.
Joe Mercer stated that his big job was to convince ALL THE CLUB, INCLUDING THE FANS. It is important that we present day fans are convinced, we are the 12th man and we can do so much to create an atmosphere to help push us across the finishing line at the top.

I was only 1 year old in 1968 so don't really remember it I'm afraid but I couldn't agree more with your comments on the importance of the fans - without wanting to sound too much like Delia of course!!!!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Grob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:51 pm

henrikww is that you??
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 pm

john68 wrote:

This needs work then.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby JB » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:10 pm

john68 wrote:

I tell you, my fellow blues, THE TREBLE IS ON!!!
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Return to The Maine Football forum