BLACKBURN ROVERS MATCH THREAD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS MATCH THREAD

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:Would rather see Micah at right back again as soon as Toure or Lescott are back.

Zabaleta is a decent player but he's a red card waiting to happen every time he plays and he gives away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions which could prove extremely costly against better opposition.

IM HAPPY WITH ZABBA AT THE MOMENT...HE IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND IT WAS HIM THAT SET UP THE 3RD AND WOULD HAVE BEEN CREDITED WITHANOTHER ASSIST WITH THE FLOATED CROSS, THE ONE THAT TEVEZ SHOULD HAVE PUT AWAY.HE DOES GO IN HARD BUT THATS HIS GAME...PLAYERS ARE WARY OF HIM AS HE,S ANOTHER WARRIOR...................I LIKE HIM A LOT.

I agree, he plays with his heart on his sleeve,he's certainly one player Mancini wouldn't have to demand more effort from. Its a case of what do you want? a player who you need to battle with for 90 minutes or one you can skip around and have an easy ride? if we become more cohesive at the back in coming months the odd free kick into the box shouldnt leave us all having kittens a la sunderland.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby BoltFromTheBlue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:32 am

This Tevez geezer, suprised Fergie hasnt tried signing him! Haha, great game, glad i was there, now who the fucl was behind me in south stand upper?
Tick tock tick tock.
BoltFromTheBlue
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 am

Grob wrote:
edge275 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:MICAH ACTUALLY SAID HE,S A LOT HAPPIER PLAYING IN THE POSITION HE HAD TODAY - HE HAD A FUCKING STORMER.

Yeah I noticed that. I've always felt myself he's truly a centre back.

Last season he was practically begging to be put back at full back

As I also said in the other thread, I think he did just to not be dropped. He was doing awfully as CB, so he asked to be moved to RB as not to lose his place in the starting eleven. Not really professional imho, but I don't think many would have done differently.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:48 am

zabba does my head in with his needless lunges and stupid challenges which result in bookings. He is now suspended for the everton game which gives us another fucking headache to deal with in defence. He is a good player but needs to start learning his trade fast.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:02 am

Wonderwall wrote:zabba does my head in with his needless lunges and stupid challenges which result in bookings. He is now suspended for the everton game which gives us another fucking headache to deal with in defence. He is a good player but needs to start learning his trade fast.

No bad thing, as expect lots of crosses coming in from the flanks and if Zabba was playing, free kicks as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we stuck Micah back there and put Boyata alongside Kompany. I'd expect us to also find a place for Vieira in this game to assist with the aerial bombardment
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am

salford city wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:zabba does my head in with his needless lunges and stupid challenges which result in bookings. He is now suspended for the everton game which gives us another fucking headache to deal with in defence. He is a good player but needs to start learning his trade fast.

No bad thing, as expect lots of crosses coming in from the flanks and if Zabba was playing, free kicks as well. Wouldn't be surprised if we stuck Micah back there and put Boyata alongside Kompany. I'd expect us to also find a place for Vieira in this game to assist with the aerial bombardment

It is a bad thing mate, its totally unnecessary as he shouldn't be giving away silly free kicks. We could have done with keeping a stable back 4 for a while. Now we need to change again.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:25 am

Wonderwall wrote:
salford city wrote:

It is a bad thing mate, its totally unnecessary as he shouldn't be giving away silly free kicks. We could have done with keeping a stable back 4 for a while. Now we need to change again.

Zabba's a very good player but NOT a good fullback for the reason that every game he plays there he either costs us a goal, could be sent off or makes a mistake that could/should have cost us a goal. Yesterday there were 2. The stupid free kick (which was a red card v scum or Liverpool) which ended with their bloke missing a header from 4 yards & the dreadful missed header which left their useless striker 1v1. Do that with the rags & they score.

If/when he stops making stupid errors etc, he'll be a top class fullback but until that happens he's certainly not.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blootoof » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:36 am

blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am

blootoof wrote:Match Highlights -------> http://www.footytube.com/video/manchest ... an11-31137

Just what i was looking for. Thanks :D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:58 am

Don't think Zabba is suspended cos all yellow cards got scrapped at the turn of the year?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Don't think Zabba is suspended cos all yellow cards got scrapped at the turn of the year?

Think you're right.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum