BLACKBURN ROVERS MATCH THREAD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS MATCH THREAD

Postby shawzy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:03 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue in the face wrote:Although Kompany didn't have a bad game I thought he played too many back passes, and more than a couple put Shay under pressure.

APART FROM THE GOAL FUCKUP, KOMPANY HAD AN EXCELLENT GAME.

Agreed Carl..He didnt put a foot wrong really..very solid at the back him and micah tonight
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Chinners » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 pm

I'm pissed off expecting to win 3 or 4 nil every week, their goal was a disgrace ...MANCINI OUT
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Blue in the face wrote:Although Kompany didn't have a bad game I thought he played too many back passes, and more than a couple put Shay under pressure.

Ah, sounds like my old mate Dunne...

I have to say, Kompany has looked assured overall in defence against these lesser sides in the last couple of games, and I'd love to be proved wrong about him against the top sides.

We lookes like a top side overall - well able to move up a gear if needed but calm and together otherwise. Long may it continue.
Original Dub

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:18 pm

shawzy wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
shawzy wrote:Mancini interview..Hes fuckin fumin over the goal

Game finished so does ESPN 2 over here . What did he say M8

He just said hes very happy for the win and the way we played but in his words "angry over the goal we let in" . he repeated those words a few times..Not happy atall with that dilly dally from Kompany,who otherwise had a fookin good game.Mancini is without a doubt a perfetionist and goals like that will hurt him badly.
Just said on ESPN Blackburn have locked there dressin room and its kicking off lol

not only that but I suspect he'll be bringing Micah back down to earth, - and we all know how necessary that is, - about not wanting him to embark on any of those long forays into opposition goal areas.
No matter that it produced the desired result tonight: if he lost the ball we were screwed
(and we'd have had a whole different ball game)

The more I see, and hear, of Mancini, the more I like him.
He's determined to make his mark in English football and to let people know that, just because he was a fancy dan player, and likes to dress stylishly, doesn't mean he's a jessie!
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Still smiling like a Cheshire Cat. Cold, but well worth it ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:21 pm

trueblue64 wrote:Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini:
"Carlos Tevez played very, very well. All the team concentrated for 90 minutes but I'm angry because we conceded a goal. Our gift. I think it's most important we stay concentrated for all the time.

"For me we were playing very, very well. We must continue to play well and not concede one goal.

"We don't watch the table. We watch the table (in) two months. Now it is not important. There are 17 games to the end. Now it's important that we continue this way, we continue to play well and we continue to improve."

He speaks English a helluva lot better than most British born managers
And he speaks the right kind of English: we're not the finished article
There's still work to be done.

But we CAN go all the way, THIS season

And thats not 'pie in the sky'!
The Original Special One

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Still smiling like a Cheshire Cat. Cold, but well worth it ;-)

I remembered him as a player
And I had my doubts, not just because of the type of player he was, but also because of his association with Sven.

But he's won me over: underneath that soft guy exterior, he's got the steely resolve that all the best managers have
The Original Special One

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:24 pm

shawzy wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Agreed Carl..He didnt put a foot wrong really..very solid at the back him and micah tonight

Agree. Bench him for that? Come on ! A few of givens high balls were a bit dodgy.

I thought kompany had an amazing game, either stoke or sunderland at home, and i came on here and everyone was going mad that he was at fault for one of the goals.

I'd still have

Micah Vince Lescott Bridge

on current form (before the injuries). Then again Micah had a good game at CB and who knows what toure will be like under The MacMan.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 pm

MICAH ACTUALLY SAID HE,S A LOT HAPPIER PLAYING IN THE POSITION HE HAD TODAY - HE HAD A FUCKING STORMER.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:MICAH ACTUALLY SAID HE,S A LOT HAPPIER PLAYING IN THE POSITION HE HAD TODAY - HE HAD A FUCKING STORMER.

Yeah I noticed that. I've always felt myself he's truly a centre back.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Grob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 pm

edge275 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:MICAH ACTUALLY SAID HE,S A LOT HAPPIER PLAYING IN THE POSITION HE HAD TODAY - HE HAD A FUCKING STORMER.

Last season he was practically begging to be put back at full back
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Burt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 pm

Grob wrote:
edge275 wrote:

Because his confidence was in tatters due to Leslie's tactics IMO mate.

He's always been a centre half and that's his position. Wether he's good enough to stay there, we'll see and I hope that he is.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Grob » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 am

Burt wrote:
Grob wrote:
edge275 wrote:

He's always been a centre half and that's his position. Wether he's good enough to stay there, we'll see and I hope that he is.

In the past Micah's concentation hasnt been good enough to play center half. He also never hit it off with Dunne.

Concentration was fine tonight. And no more Dunne.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Burt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:04 am

Grob wrote:
Burt wrote:
Grob wrote:
edge275 wrote:

In the past Micah's concentation hasnt been good enough to play center half. He also never hit it off with Dunne.

Concentration was fine tonight. And no more Dunne.

So let's back him and give him a chance eh mate? We're on a bit of a roll now and if we back em then our widest dreams may come true:o)
Burt

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:08 am

Would rather see Micah at right back again as soon as Toure or Lescott are back.

Zabaleta is a decent player but he's a red card waiting to happen every time he plays and he gives away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions which could prove extremely costly against better opposition.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Burt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Would rather see Micah at right back again as soon as Toure or Lescott are back.

Zabaleta is a decent player but he's a red card waiting to happen every time he plays and he gives away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions which could prove extremely costly against better opposition.

I agree about Mad Zabba but that doesn't mean that we have to put Micah back to fullback when we've got all this dough to spend.
Burt

Postby JB » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:Would rather see Micah at right back again as soon as Toure or Lescott are back.

I agree with you on Zabba, but I'd rather see us bring in a decent RB during the window if poss and keep Micah at CB with VK.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby Burt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:14 am

JB wrote:

I agree with you on Zabba, but I'd rather see us bring in a decent RB during the window if poss and keep Micah at CB with VK.

Spooky! See my post above!
Burt

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:22 am

IM HAPPY WITH ZABBA AT THE MOMENT...HE IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND IT WAS HIM THAT SET UP THE 3RD AND WOULD HAVE BEEN CREDITED WITHANOTHER ASSIST WITH THE FLOATED CROSS, THE ONE THAT TEVEZ SHOULD HAVE PUT AWAY.HE DOES GO IN HARD BUT THATS HIS GAME...PLAYERS ARE WARY OF HIM AS HE,S ANOTHER WARRIOR...................I LIKE HIM A LOT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Cold, but well worth it ;-)

no way near as bad as vs sunderland mate!

top stuff from the lads tonight. we battered them at times, but to be fair in the first half they were fucking awful. we did get dragged down to their level during that spell they had in the 2nd half, but refreshingly we got back on top and played our game again.

Carlitos, what can i say.

Thought Zaba got back into the game well after a shaky start, Micah was solid and Barry and de Jong bossed the MF.

Well happy.
The Man In Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum