Man of the match..........

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Man of the match

Tevez.
84%
Anyone else.
16%

Total votes : 50

Re: Man of the match..........

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Tevez then Richards.
De Jong had his worst game for a long time yesterday. Many missplaced passes, and didn't win anywhere near as many challenges as normal.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:Tevez then Richards.
De Jong had his worst game for a long time yesterday. Many missplaced passes, and didn't win anywhere near as many challenges as normal.

Watch the game on ESPN starting now and watch de Jong, he was the heartbeat and stopped our midfield from being over run and then passed it to barry for him to start off an attack. De Jong was very very good again last night Bingo.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:Tevez then Richards.

Watch the game on ESPN starting now and watch de Jong, he was the heartbeat and stopped our midfield from being over run and then passed it to barry for him to start off an attack. De Jong was very very good again last night Bingo.

I must have just noticed his mistakes then. I thought he looked out of his depth, but to be fair, I didn't give him my undivided attention with Tevez being on the pitch.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Whilst not MotM material from last night I also thought NDJ had a very good game as did Barry. The roles they play tend to not make them stand out unless they put in some brilliant last ditch or crunch tackles but it's all about positional play and sniffing out trouble early. It can be really good and look like nothing but it's absolutely key to the way Mancini wants them to play.

With 2 centre backs looking like attacking the ball and full backs generally in place and adequate the whole team is organised and efficient and then it's up to the front players to do the business which is exactly what they have done so far. Long may it continue.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby 13021J » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Whilst not MotM material from last night I also thought NDJ had a very good game as did Barry. The roles they play tend to not make them stand out unless they put in some brilliant last ditch or crunch tackles but it's all about positional play and sniffing out trouble early. It can be really good and look like nothing but it's absolutely key to the way Mancini wants them to play.

With 2 centre backs looking like attacking the ball and full backs generally in place and adequate the whole team is organised and efficient and then it's up to the front players to do the business which is exactly what they have done so far. Long may it continue.

I agree, NDJ and Barry seemed to be sitting deeper last night, leaving the wide men and strikers free reign to plow forward. Worked a treat as they could extinguish any counter attacks and start the ball rolling again.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Tevez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum