Bellamy's reaction to being subbed

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy's reaction to being subbed

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 am

I'd want ALL the players reacting like that to being subbed. We've got a hectic couple of weeks coming up and it will be difficult to get some rest into the squad. I wasn't expecting Bellers to play the whole game and was surprised that he didn't come off earlier.

People are reading too much into his reaction. He's going to have to face more of the same if he wants to continue under Mancini
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 am

It wasn't one of his best performances but I don't agree with post saying he was shit.

I just think he was hoping to get on the score sheet himself and was pissed off he'd missed his chance.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Alfie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:26 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Maybe he was just pissed off with his perfomance, and thought he could have done better?

Yeah, i think so as well. Just as Robinho some game or so ago.
Alfie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:29 am

I saw city preparing a sub and wanted it to be bellers. I was happy it was him as the game was won and I didnt want to risk him getting injured. He knows he struggles to give 100% week in week out and we have a shit load of fixtures coming up. I want bellers on from the start and when we have the game won, get him off and wrap him on cotton wool, the guy is a gem and playing awesome this season.

Good move by Macini in my eyes and one that bellers wont like but will appreciate in the long run.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueSince72 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
Wooders wrote:you are a drama queen fidel !
I happen to like the fact that players aren't happy at being subbed.
Ok he wasn't great tonight but so far this season he's been one of our best players. I wouldn't read to much into his reaction at being subbed when we're 3-0 up

Haha I DID say I don't expect players to be happy at being subbed but if anyone should be accused of being a drama queen tonight, it should be Bellers. His exit from the pitch took about 2 minutes, yes I know you're pissed of Belly but get the fuck on with it you're still being subbed whether you jog off or pull an angry face and make a show of it.

I would say that is just professionalism and called "killing a game", when you're 3-1 up with a few minutes to go then you want your subs to take as long as possible to exit the pitch...this is where we have gone wrong over the years! Did you notice Petrov got subbed probably as he was the furthest player from the tunnel and it would kill more time off.....it's called time wasting and the Italalians are the best in the world at it!!
BlueSince72

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am

Quite right 72. Noticed in Mancini's very first match the blatant use of subs in injury time, for no other reason than to play out the game.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:Maybe he was just pissed off with his perfomance, and thought he could have done better?

I hope he was, otherwise there is no excuse for his behaviour. Also the way he shook hands !!! with Robbie was wierd.

In the kind of squad we now have, nobody is guaranteed a place every match nor can they expect not be subbed. I think Bellers is professional enough to understand that.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:12 am

i'm pretty sure he was pissed off with his own performance. he wasn't at his best last night and he knew it. and thats what you want ot see. his desire to be great in the next game will be unmatched.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:25 am

Steve wrote:Bellamy was definitely pissed off at his own performance, not the decision. Well, in my belief.

This was exactly the impression I got. He didn't look pissed of at Mancini at all but himself, looking at the ground and swearing when he was coming off. I seemed to notice that Mancini was also trying to give him words of encouragement and I'm certain that if Bellamy had been pissed off at him, he would have also said it.

He himself has said that he can't play full 90 minutes anymore all the time so I doubt he was surprised to be taken off and saved for games coming up.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Steve wrote:Bellamy was definitely pissed off at his own performance, not the decision. Well, in my belief.

This was exactly the impression I got. He didn't look pissed of at Mancini at all but himself, looking at the ground and swearing when he was coming off. I seemed to notice that Mancini was also trying to give him words of encouragement and I'm certain that if Bellamy had been pissed off at him, he would have also said it.

He himself has said that he can't play full 90 minutes anymore all the time so I doubt he was surprised to be taken off and saved for games coming up.

I just hope he wasn't pissed off because his knees are bothering him again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I just hope he wasn't pissed off because his knees are bothering him again.

Unfortunately, that's a possibility.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby BlueSince72 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Hmm that's a possibilty, I did notice he turned "on a sixpence" right down on the touchline about 5 minutes before he came off. Surely that can't be a good movement for dodgy knees.

Hope it's not related!!
BlueSince72

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum