Garrido and Micah

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Garrido and Micah

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Deserve their own thread tonight.

Brilliant the pair of them, with or without Micah's goal.

Micah a tower of strength and I didn't see Gaz put a foot wrong.

Well in fellas.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Garrido and Micah

Postby gillie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Deserve their own thread tonight.

Well in fellas.

Wayne we played imo a piss poor team tonight and yes the guys covered themselves in glory with their performances.But eating on the top table is a different matter altogether.A better winger tonight and Javi may have looked mediocre again and a better striker and Micah and Two's would have been screwed imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue Toy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Take nothing away from them Gillster, they were flawless.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Vhero » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Blue Toy wrote:Take nothing away from them Gillster, they were flawless.

Agreed even if we played a tougher team it wouldn't of mattered they worked there bollocks off tonight.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:29 pm

Come on now
Its this kind of hyperbolic bullshit that got Micah Richards producing the season he did under Hughes, last year.

But Mancini has got it right: he's still got a lot to learn.
Hughes, and his clueless Tafia mob, failed to recognise the problem, but Mancini knows.

As for Spanish Gaz: lets wait until he gets really tested: 2 months into Bridge's career here I was saying that Gaz was better defensively, and deserved a run in the side
But I'll warrant he's never spent as much time in his own half, as he did tonight, since he joined the club.

He still lacks a bit of pace, but Mancini's arrival could be the best thing that ever happened to him
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby ant london » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Gillie. I totally get where you are coming from BUT thing is, we have had (and have) defenders who are capable of turning in superb backs to the wall balls to the wall last ditch amazing performances against the best teams.

Where we have consistently failed in recent past (inc this season) is being able to shut out (so called) lesser teams convincingly....just like tonight.

Some of the media have banged on about the fact that Mancini has beaten Stoke, Wolves, Middlesborough and now Blackburn (ie "lower calibre" opposition). But tonight I have read for the first time the more accurate commentary that it was failure to beat (ie drawing vs) this kind of team that got Hughes the boot.

Says it all for me.

Micah and Javi were brilliant tonight for me. Valid and justified thread. 100%
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Yep, top class show from both of them tonight. Micah is leaping 6 foot in the air again and won everything, and that run and finish was incredible. Truly top class stuff.
As for Gaz, he didnt put a foot wrong and was so comfortable on the ball. Bridge is gonna be on the bench when he gets back from injury if Gaz keeps up this form and rightly so. Wish he'd taken that free kick instead of Petrov though.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby irblinx » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:36 pm

gillie wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:Deserve their own thread tonight.

Well in fellas.

Wayne we played imo a piss poor team tonight and yes the guys covered themselves in glory with their performances.But eating on the top table is a different matter altogether.A better winger tonight and Javi may have looked mediocre again and a better striker and Micah and Two's would have been screwed imo.

A lot of teams have come undone against that piss poor team, some very clever and subtle tactical tweaks (such as Kompany swapping positions with Gaz when they fired in a long diagonal ball into the LB position) from the boss man essentially nullified them tonight, if we were playing a different team they might have a different job to do, they performed the one given to them tonight very well.
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Burt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:41 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Yep, top class show from both of them tonight. Micah is leaping 6 foot in the air again and won everything, and that run and finish was incredible. Truly top class stuff.
As for Gaz, he didnt put a foot wrong and was so comfortable on the ball. Bridge is gonna be on the bench when he gets back from injury if Gaz keeps up this form and rightly so. Wish he'd taken that free kick instead of Petrov though.

I'm pleased that you also noticed what I noticed, that Micah tonight leapt like a salmon above Rovers players when high balls were chucked in. That's what we havn't seen for ages from him and there must be a good reason for that IMO.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:46 pm

ant london wrote:Some of the media have banged on about the fact that Mancini has beaten Stoke, Wolves, Middlesborough and now Blackburn (ie "lower calibre" opposition). But tonight I have read for the first time the more accurate commentary that it was failure to beat (ie drawing vs) this kind of team that got Hughes the boot.

Sounds like they're finally taking notice of me: I've been banging on about this, ever since Hughes got the boot
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Grob » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:55 pm

I doubt we will face that kind of toothless attack every week. Defending is easy when the other team dont bother attacking very often.

Still, good on them for doing what they had to do professionally and safely.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am

Anyone notice that Micah said hes best at CB? I dont like how the reporters etc. are not going from one extreme to another. One minute hughes did a good job, now there sticking the knife in saying Mancini has done wonders. I thought Nigel or Micah would have mentioned hughes. Hughes played micah at cb and he was gash. Micah publicly spoke out saying he was better at RB so Hughes listened and moved him instantly. So whats that all about ?! I do think hes been playing weel at right back the games hes been playing there in the last month or so.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 am

Grob wrote:I doubt we will face that kind of toothless attack every week.

worst team i've seen at eastlands this season, especially in the first half.

micah was good though, didn't notice gaz so much, spose thats a good in a way.
The Man In Blue

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 am

They played very well yesterday, and to be honest it is an empty argument that we faced a weak team, because as someone said, it's exactly drawing against teams like these that Hughes lost his job, and also, it's well known that you win titles not dropping points against weak opposition, and so far Mancini's been perfect against this kind of opponents. Now, one of the reasons why we haven't dropped points against weak teams since the new manager came is because we conceded less goals, while this is down mostly to organisation of the defence, it is also down to good performances of those involved in the back line, Kompany and Richards above everyone else even if Komps made a bad mistake last night that lead to their goal.

So yes, this is a justified thread.

As for Micah saying that he is best at CB, I think that is what he really thinks, last season he was doing disasters there so knowing he could play as RB too, he said he wanted to play as RB to step out of the line of fire but still mantain his place in the starting XI, which imho wasn't the most professional thing he could do, but I don't think he truly believed to be a better RB than CB.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:35 am

ant london wrote:Gillie. I totally get where you are coming from BUT thing is, we have had (and have) defenders who are capable of turning in superb backs to the wall balls to the wall last ditch amazing performances against the best teams.

Where we have consistently failed in recent past (inc this season) is being able to shut out (so called) lesser teams convincingly....just like tonight.

Some of the media have banged on about the fact that Mancini has beaten Stoke, Wolves, Middlesborough and now Blackburn (ie "lower calibre" opposition). But tonight I have read for the first time the more accurate commentary that it was failure to beat (ie drawing vs) this kind of team that got Hughes the boot.

Says it all for me.

Micah and Javi were brilliant tonight for me. Valid and justified thread. 100%

Agree 100% with this.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Micah won everything in the air and on the ground. Great run for his goal and a good finish as well. If it wasn't for wrong decisions by refs/assistant refs earlier on in the season he'd have at least 5 by now as well. Good performance and hopefully he can keep it up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Burt wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Yep, top class show from both of them tonight. Micah is leaping 6 foot in the air again and won everything, and that run and finish was incredible. Truly top class stuff.

I'm pleased that you also noticed what I noticed, that Micah tonight leapt like a salmon above Rovers players when high balls were chucked in. That's what we havn't seen for ages from him and there must be a good reason for that IMO.[/quote]

Agreed, that was clearly an istruction. Micah attacked everything (sometimes when he didn't need to).
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum