martin petrov

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

martin petrov

Postby paulh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:26 am

Loved the guy over the years but this season lost the magic of the past and very lazy when it comes to defennding and has lost pace. We can't afford to carry people so with a heavy heart I think its time he moved on.what's others thoughts on this?
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Re: martin petrov

Postby Nick » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:29 am

Based on tonight, my instant view would be that I agree. He just doesnt seem to take a player on down the wing any more. In the first half it was like Tevez and Bellamy had nobody to pass ot until benjani got into the game.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby pepsi_dave » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:30 am

I think he's played well for the past few games and has fully deserved his place recently... I agree that he has been lazy in the past, he's not always going to shine in games but his pace against certain teams is going to be a benfit to us for the remainder of the season..... pity that Bob is playing him on the right because we miss his crosses from the left, but hey, that aint the way Bob plays the game and at the moment it seems to be working out quite well.
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:32 am

I must be watching a different player to the rest of you.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Burt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:35 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I must be watching a different player to the rest of you.

Me too mate. I thought he played well tonight and passed the ball to a Blue shirt near enough every time and then got on his bike to look for a return.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby edge275 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:37 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I must be watching a different player to the rest of you.

Agree I've no idea what the first few posters are watching. I thought he was good tonight. Not absolutely amazing like Tevez but did what was asked of him. He got forward, he tracked back, he opened their defence up he ran at players.

I think 30% of blues must be manic depressives.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:02 am

Thought Petrov had a good game, not sure what you are on about...
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:38 am

Can't take a set piece very well other than that he's not bad. He wasn't at his best against Blackburn but you can't expect him to be at his best every single game not everybody is Tevez :p.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 am

I must've been watching the first game! I thought he was quite poor. It's all about ball retention, and I'm surprised he stayed on so long. No way Rigsby will be in when everyone is fit.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 am

edge275 wrote:
I think 30% of blues must be manic depressives.

That's not too bad considering what we've had to put up with for most of our lifetimes as City fans!
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:50 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Thought Petrov had a good game, not sure what you are on about...

This. Also, consider that he's left footed and is playing on the right, so you can't exactly expect him to beat players on that wing like he did on the left. But he can cut inside and provide assists, or shoot. His set pieces are a bit dire though, even if we scored from one of his corners, but only because the Blackburn defence fucked it up.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:58 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:Thought Petrov had a good game, not sure what you are on about...

This. Also, consider that he's left footed and is playing on the right, so you can't exactly expect him to beat players on that wing like he did on the left. But he can cut inside and provide assists, or shoot. His set pieces are a bit dire though, even if we scored from one of his corners, but only because the Blackburn defence fucked it up.

This is why I dont like him playing there, he is very easy to read and has one dimensional play. He has pace to burn but he cannot get a head of steam up if he has to check and come inside. I prefer him on the left.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:13 am

I don't think he was very good at all but he was mostly playing on his 'wrong' side & imo tracked back pretty well right up 'til he went off. I think he's a quality player who's capable of match winning performances but he's at his best when sides come out & leave him an area to run into on the break, which Blackbolton rarely did.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 am

I thought he was good until the last 20 when he was obviously fucked. he should have come off then.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Scatman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:27 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I thought he was good until the last 20 when he was obviously fucked. he should have come off then.

Exactly
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby simon12 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 am

Thought he was ok and has played better this season. I think it`s the way he goes in for a challenge like John Inman that makes people think his game is off.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:50 am

I like him and I think overall he has been a good signing for us, still has a role to play this season, but if his contract is up at the end of the season I wouldn't offer him another. If we are linked with the likes of Moses and there are other younger alternatives(Adam Johnson, Diego Capel) that is the route to take. I thought he had a decent game last night though.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby 13021J » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 am

LAst night he was bad. I know he was out of position but he stunted the attacks cutting in everytime. He pulled out of so many tackles and headers I list count. He is good on his day but was poor against Blackburn. Useful squad player but not sure he wants that. He'll be back though.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:04 am

Manchester City has announced the immediate resignation from Martin Petrov this morning for personal reasons. After the emphatic 4-1 against Lancashire neighbours Blackburn, Petrov has told friends at the club that he can't sleep, is on edge, has cold sweats and cannot concentrate.

Club Doctors have revealed he is showing all the common signs from post traumatic stress. "At the sight of a pitch and football Martin starts rocking back and forth and muttering in Bulgarian" said the club doctor.

When approached by journalised regarding the mystery of the post traumatic stress, the grumpy Bulgarian star, who has a remarkable likeness to Rising Damp star Leonard Rossiter's Rigsby character, informed the waiting media that successfully going in for his first 50/50 challenge in his career and winning the ball in the 81st minute against Blackburn has taken its toll on his wellbeing "It was scary, too scary, I keep having flashbacks and I cannot do it again. Mancini made me do it but never, never again, I'm going home now to get a cuddle and ciggy from Dimitar" Petrov said as he bundled himself into the waiting Audi R8 outside Carrington training ground.

:-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Manchester City has announced the immediate resignation from Martin Petrov this morning for personal reasons. After the emphatic 4-1 against Lancashire neighbours Blackburn, Petrov has told friends at the club that he can't sleep, is on edge, has cold sweats and cannot concentrate.

Club Doctors have revealed he is showing all the common signs from post traumatic stress. "At the sight of a pitch and football Martin starts rocking back and forth and muttering in Bulgarian" said the club doctor.

When approached by journalised regarding the mystery of the post traumatic stress, the grumpy Bulgarian star, who has a remarkable likeness to Rising Damp star Leonard Rossiter's Rigsby character, informed the waiting media that successfully going in for his first 50/50 challenge in his career and winning the ball in the 81st minute against Blackburn has taken its toll on his wellbeing "It was scary, too scary, I keep having flashbacks and I cannot do it again. Mancini made me do it but never, never again, I'm going home now to get a cuddle and ciggy from Dimitar" Petrov said as he bundled himself into the waiting Audi R8 outside Carrington training ground.

:-)

Verdict where I'm sat was he made 2 half tackles which together amount to one full tackle. That's 1 tackle more than I've ever seen from him though & raised a few eyebrows. Robinho's turn now. Can he beat Pertov's one?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum