Daily Mirror mock Baconface?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Daily Mirror mock Baconface?

Postby shawzy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 am

Fookinell this is a 1st lol

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ca ... 85005.html

Manchester City 4 Blackburn 1: The Daily Mirror Verdict

Published 23:30 11/01/10 By David McDonnell

The mocking chants of "Fergie, sign him up" will have resonated all the way from Manchester to Qatar.

Sir Alex Ferguson's refusal to pay the £25million asking price for Carlos Tevez last summer is looking like a catastrophic error, after the striker's stunning hat-trick took Manchester City up to fourth.

And you can bet the Manchester United boss, currently on a mid-season break with his squad in the Middle East, will not have slept well having watched Tevez single-handedly destroy Blackburn.

Fergie's frugality in the transfer market and self-proclaimed principled stance of not paying over the odds for players looks faintly ridiculous with Tevez in such devastating form.

The United boss may have felt Tevez was overpriced at £25m but what wouldn't he give to still have his former striker within his squad, given his own lack of options up front?

With every goal he scores, Tevez's boundless energy, unstinting work-rate and poacher's instinct make Fergie's failure to hang on to him all the more criminal.

Tevez scored 15 goals for United last season, during a campaign in which his appearances were rationed to accommodate the new partnership between Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov.

With the season just over the halfway stage, Tevez has already reached last season's target and with 11 goals in his last nine games is unquestionably the Premier League's in-form striker.

And with United over-reliant on Rooney and unable to depend on Berbatov and Owen for goals, the sight of Tevez scoring freely has served only to compound Fergie's intransigence in the transfer market.

No wonder City's fans delighted in a mocking chant of 'Fergie, sign him up', a familiar refrain sang by United fans at Old Trafford last season when Tevez's future was in limbo.

While United have headed off to the sunshine full of self-recrimination after a poor run of results, there are no such concerns at City, who have been transformed by Roberto Mancini in just three weeks.

In that time the urbane Italian has turned the squad he inherited from Mark Hughes into a disciplined, cohesive unit, without the vulnerability that undermined City under their former boss and which ultimately cost him his job.

Admittedly, Mancini could not have picked more favourable opponents than Stoke, Wolves, Middlesbrough and Blackburn to start his reign. But City look a different prospect under him, capable of sustaining a push for the title, not just a top-four place.

Blackburn arrived at Eastlands on a miserable run of 10 games without a win and never looked remotely like ending that dreadful sequence.

They made a terrible start by conceding an embarrassingly soft goal after seven minutes. Martin Petrov's corner posed no problems until a mix-up between Paul Robinson and Keith Andrews saw the ball fall to Benjani.

The City striker, making his first Premier League start in a year, swung wildy at the ball, which was going wide until Tevez intervened to divert it over the line.

City doubled their lead in the 39th minute thanks to a remarkable 80-yard solo run from Micah Richards, in which the City defender beat five players before applying the finishing touch himself.

Richards endured a difficult time under Hughes but has been given a reprieve by Mancini, which he seems determined not to squander.

His athleticism and close control saw him glide effortlessly past a succession of Blackburn players before threading the ball to Benjani, whose shot rebounded off a post.

The mesmerising run by Richards was worthy of a goal and it was fitting the ball fell to him, as he showed impressive agility to steer it into the net from an acute angle.

Tevez continued his masterful display by starting and finishing the move for City's third goal – which came four minutes after the restart – picking out Benjani on the right, then continuing his run towards the Blackburn goal.

And when Benjani pulled the ball back too far for Petrov, Tevez applied a majestic, sweeping finish with his right foot.

The only blot on an otherwise faultless performance from Tevez came a minute before the hour, when he should have sealed his hat-trick with a diving header from close range which he somehow sent wide.

City conceded their first goal under Mancini in the 71st minute. Vincent Kompany's poor first touch from Shay Given's equally bad clearance allowing Morten Gamst Pedersen to curl a shot beyond the reach of the City keeper.

But the night belonged to Tevez and he duly sealed a deserved hat-trick with the pick of his goals in added time, a curling shot from just outside the area.

Fergie's pride will not allow him to admit he made a mistake in letting Tevez go, but privately he will be hurting over the decision that looks like costing United the title.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Re: Daily Mirror mock Baconface?

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:38 am

OMG, did they dare to criticize Baconface? That's truly a first.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:39 am

disarray I think it's called.
And their fans on their owners provided a quote I like...
"If it were a race, then United are dragging their owners behind them like a broken tractor, while City's owners are providing rocket fuel."
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:40 am

I love the spin of a 'sunshine break' bottom line is their out there trying to drum up funds to offset the escalating interest. On the plus side for them, after their FA Cup exit they'll be able to go out somewhere else
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 am

Well it had to start somewhere.... is this a sign of things to come?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:36 pm

Vhero wrote:Well it had to start somewhere.... is this a sign of things to come?

No Vhero, that sign came on Dec 31/Jan 1with the Blue Moon ushering in the decade, this is just the continued progression ;)
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
Vhero wrote:Well it had to start somewhere.... is this a sign of things to come?

No Vhero, that sign came on Dec 31/Jan 1with the Blue Moon ushering in the decade, this is just the continued progression ;)

Must have missed that...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:54 pm

shawzy wrote:Fergie's pride will not allow him to admit he made a mistake in letting Tevez go, but privately he will be hurting over the decision that looks like costing U***d the title.

This is not a Mock of Baconface, but an excuse for him as the above line states. And further more, they are blaming their whole season on Tevez, after not being signed up for huge sums, which Baconface (and therefore everyone else) would never approve of.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby walmai » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:22 pm

The tide is turning on red nose, I reckon; not just in terms of Mancunian rivalries, but a lot of the press is now sick and tired of his ref-baiting gibberish.

He's the kind of character that intimidates on more than one level, one being his admittedly incredible record of achievement. Once that starts slipping (I have this recurring grin that somehow you lot are going to displace Man U from the top 4...), he's toast.

And as for their club's debt mountain. I know I can't really mock. But I will anyway.

A dynasty crumbles.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby MHiggi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:33 pm

shawzy wrote:Sir Alex Ferguson's refusal to pay the £25million asking price for Carlos Tevez last summer is looking like a catastrophic error, after the striker's stunning hat-trick took Manchester City up to fourth.

I'm sure I remember the rags meeting the valuation eventually, but then Carlos chose us and said they'd had their chance and blown it. Even with the mountain of debts they recognised his value, even if it was too late in the day to change his mind.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Postby gillie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 pm

walmai wrote:The tide is turning on red nose, I reckon; not just in terms of Mancunian rivalries, but a lot of the press is now sick and tired of his ref-baiting gibberish.

He's the kind of character that intimidates on more than one level, one being his admittedly incredible record of achievement. Once that starts slipping (I have this recurring grin that somehow you lot are going to displace Man U from the top 4...), he's toast.

And as for their club's debt mountain. I know I can't really mock. But I will anyway.

A dynasty crumbles.

You forgot something Walmai.

TICK TOCK.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:44 pm

walmai wrote:The tide is turning on red nose, I reckon; not just in terms of Mancunian rivalries, but a lot of the press is now sick and tired of his ref-baiting gibberish.

A dynasty crumbles.

I know you are a busy man, but please post more, please do ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby gillie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Man City can fuck right off. We've had years of success through a mixture of getting players and also importantly, bringing players up through the ranks. These Shitty bastards are coming in and spending money like it grows on trees, and the only way they'll get success is by spending all this money and buying every tom, dick and harry. For years, all I've heard from them is how United have bought success for years, but they have a cheek now.

You could not make this up.A quote taken from yes you guessed it Ragcafe and this in a thread about there thieving owners lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:44 pm

gillie wrote:
Man City can fuck right off. We've had years of success through a mixture of getting players and also importantly, bringing players up through the ranks. These Shitty bastards are coming in and spending money like it grows on trees, and the only way they'll get success is by spending all this money and buying every tom, dick and harry. For years, all I've heard from them is how U***d have bought success for years, but they have a cheek now.

You could not make this up.A quote taken from yes you guessed it Ragcafe and this in a thread about there thieving owners lol.

You couldn't make it up, how stupid are these "fans"?

I'm sick of saying the tide is turning...

Can't wait for the fun we'll have when it turns!!
Original Dub

Postby Colin the King » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:21 am

Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:
Man City can fuck right off. We've had years of success through a mixture of getting players and also importantly, bringing players up through the ranks. These Shitty bastards are coming in and spending money like it grows on trees, and the only way they'll get success is by spending all this money and buying every tom, dick and harry. For years, all I've heard from them is how U***d have bought success for years, but they have a cheek now.

You couldn't make it up, how stupid are these "fans"?

I'm sick of saying the tide is turning...

Can't wait for the fun we'll have when it turns!!

Rooney, Berbatov, Nani, Valencia, Ferdinand, Anderson, Tosic, Carrick- £170million. And seven of that eight are gash.

At least we spend our money wisely.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Trautmann » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 am

"Red sails in the Sunset" --old 1940s hit tune.....seems appropriate
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants