Tuesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:05 am

Chelsea are chasing Spain's latest young superstar Sergio Canales and hope to have a deal in place before the end of the month.
The 18-year-old attacking midfielder from Racing Santander has shot to prominence in recent weeks with four goals in his last three games, including two in the club's surprise 2-1 win over Sevilla on Saturday.
He is out of contract in the summer but has a clause which automatically gives him a one-year extension should he play 450 minutes of football. Shot to prominence: Racing Santader's Sergio Canales is in hot scoring form
That time is up over his next three games and a clutch of clubs are frantically talking to Santander in the hope of sealing his signature over the coming weeks.
Canales's father and agent Angel would prefer him to stay in Spain but there is a complication because another La Liga club, Deportivo La Coruna, own 50 per cent of his rights from a deal between the clubs in 2006 and they want to cash in.
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal and Manchester City have all shown interest but Chelsea are at the fore should they get the go-ahead to trade.

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Inter Milan manager Jose Mourinho is battling it out with former club Chelsea and Manchester United for £15m-rated Benfica winger Angel di Maria. Daily Mail

Arsenal are considering a move for Everton striker Louis Saha whose contract negotiations at the club have broken down. Tottenham and Liverpool are also said to be keen. Daily Mail

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce insists it will take a "mind-blowing" offer to prise striker Kenwyne Jones away from the club and doubts if the clubs who want to buy him would prove able - or willing - to meet the necessary price. The Guardian

Former Wigan striker Amr Zaki has been offered to Stoke City, Sunderland, and Blackburn Rovers. The Times

Birmingham City and Wolverhampton Wanderers have expressed an interest in Hull midfielder Stephen Hunt who may be offloaded if the cash-strapped club are forced to sell players. The Times

Wolves are set to offer £1.5m for Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford but Newcastle are still leading the fight to sign the 26-year-old.
Daily Mail

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... ina-filali

OTHER BOLLOX
Joe Cole's contract talks with Chelsea have stalled over the wage demands of the England international, who is free to leave for nothing at the end of the season.The Guardian

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has suggested in an email to a supporter that the summer transfer market will be a "big" one for the Premier League club. "Our debt is very managable (sic) [see Man U] and we never use player sales for debt service," said Hicks. Our interest on £200m is about £16m. The new stadium will be the game changer. Managing director Christian [Purslow] is working very hard on it. Jan is a poor-quality market. The summer window will be big." The Guardian

Burnley are set to spring a major surprise by naming former Sheffield Wednesday boss Brian Laws as their new manager.
Daily Mail

West Ham's league game with Wolves on Sunday was postponed because of an incorrect weather forecast for more snow.The Daily Mail
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Tuesday's B*ll*x

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 am

I cannot believe that Beckford is older than Tevez! I thought beckford was about 22?!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 am

Hmmm you think it would be worth picking up Joe Cole on a free in Summer?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:40 am

Vhero wrote:Hmmm you think it would be worth picking up Joe Cole on a free in Summer?

I dont think cole will leave london, he's a proper east end barrow boy
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:43 am

Always have the circus theme running in my head every time I watch Cole - His feet look too big for him - I wouldn't think that he'd leave Chelski for us or that they'd be willing to sell him to their nearest rivals
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby AlpsMaster » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:45 am

Vhero wrote:Hmmm you think it would be worth picking up Joe Cole on a free in Summer?

I was thinking the same thing.

Was also surprised that Beckford was 26. I thought he was under 21 and one for the future.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby TonyM » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 am

I was hoping we'd get Sergio Canales after seeing him last weekend. Great prospect.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:47 am

salford city wrote:Always have the circus theme running in my head every time I watch Cole - His feet look too big for him - I wouldn't think that he'd leave Chelski for us or that they'd be willing to sell him to their nearest rivals

wouldnt need to sell him his contracts up in summer.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Is the wag a bloke?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Is the wag a bloke?

WHATEVER IT IS, ITS FUCKIN HANGING
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby paulh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:56 pm

very diaspointed with the wag of the day would touch it with a stolen nob!
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:44 am

paulh wrote:very diaspointed with the wag of the day would touch it with a stolen nob!

If that's the case, can you please return it...thanks.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum