Spurs in bid to snatch Jim Cassell

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Spurs in bid to snatch Jim Cassell

Postby Beeks » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

By Alan Nixon - Daily Mirror

Manchester City super spy Jim Cassell is wanted by Tottenham - to find their next generation of superstars.

Cassell is the brains behind City's glut of home-grown discoveries over the past decade, but his role at City has been reduced in the last year and he could be tempted to go.

The man behind the likes of Micah Richards and Nedum Onuoha coming through the City ranks is now on the fringes after Mark Hughes made a shake-up and the new owners started to look at importing foreign kids.

Spurs are looking for a top expert in that area - after initial choice Paul Hart chose to go back into management at QPR - and Cassell is the name on the top lips at White Hart Lane.

Cassell has been in the north west for the bulk of his career but could be talked into a move to London. City have already put another new facein line for his department of the club and his days seem numbered.

City will bring in Gary Worthington from Chelsea soon. He has been put on gardening leave by the Stamford Bridge club after quitting for the Eastlands youth post.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Spurs in bid to snatch Jim Cassell

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 am

Mark Hughes legacy.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:26 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Mark Hughes legacy.

Very true

Fucking stupid Sheikh Mansour letting the first team coach take all the decisions. Idiot. Installing those puppets Khaldoon, Cook and Marwood who were merely yes men for the crazy whims of Mark Hughes

Back to topic....Spurs can fuck off
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:29 am

Why the fuck would he want to go there when he's being paid to set up the worlds best academy exactly as he sees fit with an almost unlimited budget? I can't imagine a better job than the one Jim's got (apart from on the Sky cricket panel with David Lloyd, Botham, Gower & co getting paid to swan round the world & go to party's every night).

If he'd rather work for those twunts in that big dysfunctional shit hole there's something wrong with his head. Can't see it myself.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am

ant london wrote:

Very true

Fucking stupid Sheikh Mansour letting the first team coach take all the decisions. Idiot. Installing those puppets Khaldoon, Cook and Marwood who were merely yes men for the crazy whims of Mark Hughes

It's very much common knowledge that Hughes and Cassell had arguments over how things should be done. One had to make way. It was Cook's fault that the one who made way the one who had served the club better.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:39 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:

Very true

It's very much common knowledge that Hughes and Cassell had arguments over how things should be done. One had to make way. It was Cook's fault that the one who made way the one who had served the club better.

As far as i know Jim is still on the payroll.

Is Hughes?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:46 am

ant london wrote:

Very true

Strange because Khaldoon, the chairman who sacked Hughes, went straight to Jim Casell when he 1st arrived at City, had big discussions with him then announced plans to have a world academy, then put Jim in charge of it, then just as Jim was clearing out his desk & beginning his new job, sacked Hughes. Great planning.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
ant london wrote:

Very true

Strange because Khaldoon, the chairman who sacked Hughes, went straight to Jim Casell when he 1st arrived at City, had big discussions with him then announced plans to have a world academy, then put Jim in charge of it, then just as Jim was clearing out his desk & beginning his new job, sacked Hughes. Great planning.

However the idea to remove Cassell from Director of Academy position came long after that. I don't know what the plan is now though since Kidd moved to assistants job.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:05 am

No doubt the club won't let this happen thats why we moved him to where we did in the first place to protect him from other tams rather than letting him go.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:10 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
ant london wrote:

Very true

However the idea to remove Cassell from Director of Academy position came long after that. I don't know what the plan is now though since Kidd moved to assistants job.

Well either they took a year appointing someone for that job, or it was Cassell's job from the start because he's the 1st bloke appointed to run it. Seems strange to wait a year without appointing anyone to a job which they say is a priority. In fact, when you put it all together, irrespective of whether Hughes & Cassell hate each others guts, it seems very very unlikely that he had anything to do with his change of jobs especially as Cassell was putting together a similar global academy plan with Frank when Sven was manager. Seems to me as if Jim Cassell invented it. If not him then who?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bingo Lewis » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:14 am

ant london wrote:

Very true

As much as you may like to think you know what you're on about, trust me you don't.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:16 am

Even if Cassell had disagreements with Hughes, Hughes is no more here, is he? So imho there's no way Cassell will leave.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby ant london » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:20 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
ant london wrote:

Very true

As much as you may like to think you know what you're on about, trust me you don't.

Mate, you've already told me that you have an inside track on the hughes/cassell relationship and I fully buy into what you said/know

But if you think that Mark Hughes dictates what decisions Khaldoon/Marwood/Cook take then it is you, not me, that has no idea what you are on about
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:21 am

ant london wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
ant london wrote:

Very true

Mate, you've already told me that you have an inside track on the hughes/cassell relationship and I fully buy into what you said/know

But if you think that Mark Hughes dictates what decisions Khaldoon/Marwood/Cook take then it is you, not me, that has no idea what you are on about

All about power struggle though and someone had to give in. I don't think that in ideal world Cook or Khaldoon would've send Cassell anywhere.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:25 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:Even if Cassell had disagreements with Hughes, Hughes is no more here, is he? So imho there's no way Cassell will leave.

He could decide he misses the day to day involvement with the lads & on the training ground I suppose. He says he was ready for a change though hence bringing in Andy Welsh.

Imo the whole academy system could be about to change because it's failing to produce quality players across the country. There's been a decline rather than an improvement since the days of Ken Barnes & Eric Harrison operating with next to no money. Why that is I don't know but something has to be done.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beeks » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am

On a side note...anyone know anything about this Gary Worthington coming from Chelsea?
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Even if Cassell had disagreements with Hughes, Hughes is no more here, is he? So imho there's no way Cassell will leave.

He could decide he misses the day to day involvement with the lads & on the training ground I suppose. He says he was ready for a change though hence bringing in Andy Welsh.

Imo the whole academy system could be about to change because it's failing to produce quality players across the country. There's been a decline rather than an improvement since the days of Ken Barnes & Eric Harrison operating with next to no money. Why that is I don't know but something has to be done.

That's whole different argument altogether, the future of Academy system as whole. Since FA School of Excellence in Lilleshall was closed down around 2000 (I seem to remember, someone can correct me on this), it has been suggested few times that English FA would takeover the Academy system again in French Clairefontaine style and even "draft" system has been mentioned every now and then.

Truth is, Academy system is expensive for clubs outside the wealthy inner circle and clubs aren't taking care of them propelry. This in turn has efect on quality of players coming through in England.

And before someone says it, I'm not suggesting such system. It has just been mentioned in the past.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:On a side note...anyone know anything about this Gary Worthington coming from Chelsea?

I think he's Chelsea's alleged chief 'tapper upper'. I think he was one of the blokes mentioned re the alleged dodgy aproach to a young Boro player in that tv programme in which Fat Sam junior & clean Harry were shown to be perfectly above board.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:41 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

That's whole different argument altogether, the future of Academy system as whole. Since FA School of Excellence in Lilleshall was closed down around 2000 (I seem to remember, someone can correct me on this), it has been suggested few times that English FA would takeover the Academy system again in French Clairefontaine style and even "draft" system has been mentioned every now and then.

Truth is, Academy system is expensive for clubs outside the wealthy inner circle and clubs aren't taking care of them propelry. This in turn has efect on quality of players coming through in England.

And before someone says it, I'm not suggesting such system. It has just been mentioned in the past.

For all the money involved, the biggest success of our academy has been mainly on exporting championship standard players for sale rather than creating stars from scratch. So far we don't seem to have produced many players from being kids at all, just brought them in at a later age from other youth systems. It was fine when we were shite, to keep us ticking over but for the amount of success we've had so far we could have just had an over 15's academy & brought in players to that then straight to the 1st team squad.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:55 am

No loss whatsoever
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum