the "perspective thread". (Ade on SSN???)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade on SSN???

Postby Socrates » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:I don't think he's an idiot, I would just like to be able to understand the logic involved.

It's not like any Arsenal players got shot at, and as far as I'm aware there were no connections to Arsenal with those who did get shot. There isn't even an Arsenal player in the squad.

He seemingly hates Arsenal's fans, so why do it? I just don't get it. The only losers in what he's done are us, the City fans.

Totally and utterly bizarre move.

I doubt there was any logic involved at all - expect he put an old top on without thinking. Doubt Umbro would want to sue him for breach of contract under the present circumstances. It's only a big deal if we react like babies and don't laugh it off.

ah hahahaha

Coming from you and the "Platini Cartel" shite you keep going on about.

Now that, I can laugh off.

And while he may not get sued for breach of contract, don't be too stupid to think his PR company won't get a major ticking off for advertising a major competitor.

You call it "the back of beyond"

I call it "global television".

I'm not saying we should hang the guy, I'm merely saying I'm appalled that such a stupid mistake should have been allowed to happen... under ANY circumstance. and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

What I do think there is something wrong with though, is the fact you used this situation to make a joke about the fact that he had just been shot at.

Disgusting and childish.

I doubt City have sent a PR person to Togo to help him, a psychologist maybe, a PR person no. It wasn't a joke,it was a jibe aimed at fuckwitted individuals who find a triviality like corporate clothing more important than a major business threat that anyone with more than half a brain is taking seriously.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:I don't think he's an idiot, I would just like to be able to understand the logic involved.

It's not like any Arsenal players got shot at, and as far as I'm aware there were no connections to Arsenal with those who did get shot. There isn't even an Arsenal player in the squad.

He seemingly hates Arsenal's fans, so why do it? I just don't get it. The only losers in what he's done are us, the City fans.

Totally and utterly bizarre move.

I doubt there was any logic involved at all - expect he put an old top on without thinking. Doubt Umbro would want to sue him for breach of contract under the present circumstances. It's only a big deal if we react like babies and don't laugh it off.

ah hahahaha

Coming from you and the "Platini Cartel" shite you keep going on about.

Now that, I can laugh off.

And while he may not get sued for breach of contract, don't be too stupid to think his PR company won't get a major ticking off for advertising a major competitor.

You call it "the back of beyond"

I call it "global television".

I'm not saying we should hang the guy, I'm merely saying I'm appalled that such a stupid mistake should have been allowed to happen... under ANY circumstance. and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

What I do think there is something wrong with though, is the fact you used this situation to make a joke about the fact that he had just been shot at.

Disgusting and childish.

I doubt City have sent a PR person to Togo to help him, a psychologist maybe, a PR person no. It wasn't a joke,it was a jibe aimed at fuckwitted individuals who find a triviality like corporate clothing more important than a major business threat that anyone with more than half a brain is taking seriously.

You said "he should be shot".

And that's how you explain it?

Wow.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Maybe we're not giving him enough love!!!

The truth is, him and his mates are lucky to be alive; imagine how far your head would be up your arse if something like that happened. He returns to his home in Togo where he hasn't got too much kit, picks up shirt out of wardrobe, sticks it on, then has a camera shoved in his face.

Sure, it doesn't look good to those who believe the lad should never wear anything but blue, but under the circumstances, I'll give him the benefit of doubt on this one.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Fucking hell Ade.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby MHiggi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:Can't believe the reaction on here, who gives a fuck?

He's away, he probably had one lying around and he threw it on. I wore a fucking horrendous jumper I bought a few years ago because it was cold and I saw it at the bottom of my wardrobe, I realised I looked like a twat but I wore it anyway. Doesn't mean I'm gonna start wearing it on a regular basis.

Mate if you got paid 120k a week you should make sure you wear the right fucking kit. No argument!

You dont see Sky presenters wearing BBC shirts and vice versa.

120k a WEEK. It's a piss take to the fans that idolise him and help pay his wages.

OK, granted it wasn't the best choice he's ever made, but is it really worth people getting worked up over?

One of the posters above claiming it's burst the bubble? Fucking hell, this is probably the most exciting time of my 27 years supporting City, I'm certainly not going to let Ade's wardrobe choice 'burst my bubble'.

a) I think he's got more important things to worry about than his fucking dress sense, b) I think that he made his feelings towards Arsenal quite clear after he scored against them, he's hardly angling for a move back is he.

I've had a quick read through the thread and this is probably the best post in here. Yes it's a mistake on Ade's part, yes it's probably a talking point for some, but it doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. In fact, I'm over it already.
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm

Socrates wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Pretty close as it would have taken your messiah about 29 years to get us into the Champions League... I shall ignore your usual childish insults, well used to those by now.

Can i ask a question, had no one got shot, honestly what would your opinion be?

But people have been shot... How anyone can not view events in context is absolutely beyond me. As pointed out already, he won't have been planning to go to Togo, he has got there and put on an old shirt that he left there last time. It's trivia. Text your
mates back and tell him the poor bugger is clearly deranged at the moment and you hope he feels better soon!

so no answer :)

I love the way everyone thinks these millionare footballers go to a african tournment with only one outfit lol. good thing they went home or else he wouldn't have any other clothes to wear.

And fyi i do feel bad for him and everyone else but it was a silly thing to do.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 pm

MHiggi wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Buffalo Soldier wrote:Can't believe the reaction on here, who gives a fuck?

He's away, he probably had one lying around and he threw it on. I wore a fucking horrendous jumper I bought a few years ago because it was cold and I saw it at the bottom of my wardrobe, I realised I looked like a twat but I wore it anyway. Doesn't mean I'm gonna start wearing it on a regular basis.

Mate if you got paid 120k a week you should make sure you wear the right fucking kit. No argument!

You dont see Sky presenters wearing BBC shirts and vice versa.

120k a WEEK. It's a piss take to the fans that idolise him and help pay his wages.

OK, granted it wasn't the best choice he's ever made, but is it really worth people getting worked up over?

One of the posters above claiming it's burst the bubble? Fucking hell, this is probably the most exciting time of my 27 years supporting City, I'm certainly not going to let Ade's wardrobe choice 'burst my bubble'.

a) I think he's got more important things to worry about than his fucking dress sense, b) I think that he made his feelings towards Arsenal quite clear after he scored against them, he's hardly angling for a move back is he.

I've had a quick read through the thread and this is probably the best post in here. Yes it's a mistake on Ade's part, yes it's probably a talking point for some, but it doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things. In fact, I'm over it already.

Aye you're right there mate. Nothing to lose sleep over. I'll treat it like I treat every other bit of bad press we've brought on ourselves and have a rant on here, say what I feel should have been done and move on...

I stick by my initial thoughts and say I'm disgusted this was allowed happen and it is an embarrassment to the club no matter how small, but I'll hit the hay and sleep like a baby.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Wow.

You are the one aiming a ludicrous amount of vitriol at the lad not me. Bit much when you are still going on about me mentioning that RSC is injured a lot...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:35 pm

this thread makes a mockery of the thread kk set up to send to ade.
were everyone was sending him sympathy messages after his ordeal.

where he could have lost his life.
i mean he might even check out the site if and when its sent to the club.
and what would he think if he read all this.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:35 pm

ant london wrote:I have not read such a pathetic collection of posts on here for a long time.

Who gives a fuck?

Why would he have taken any city kit with him? He'd be expecting to be wearing his togo shit whilst in africa.

I don't have many clothes at my parents house. I have some old shit I left there. If I was a footballer then it would likely be old kit/training stuff I'd say. Shit I would bum around in.

Get a grip people. Sure he should have just worn normal clothes but what the fuck does it matter. Not like he's on his way to fucking arsenal. Even if he still has fond thoughts re the club...what does that matter, he performed against them for us. That is the only thing that matters for me.

Like the reactions to Cook's U***d hall of fame stuff. Petty and pathetic

The main reason I'm pissed off about it mate is that we City fans spent months backing him up as much as possible when the Arsenal incidents occured and now we look like dick heads! He was getting laid in to left, right and center by everyone but we stuck by OUR player. We spend all match singing his name, kids getting his name on the back of their shirts, paying him a shit load to represent OUR club. That's why I'm personally a bit pissed off about.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:38 pm

if I walked up to a big athlete who captained his country and had seen 3 (?) members of the staff (friends) shot dead.
Who had been under fire for half an hour and prolly thought he was going to die.
If I was to say to him "you daft twat you're wearing the wrong shirt", then he would have my permission to deck me like the twat I was being.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:38 pm

feedthegreek wrote:this thread makes a mockery of the thread kk set up to send to ade.

That's exactly why I'm pissed off though mate. We gave him all those messages but he'd still rather wear the kit of a team that 'pushed' him out, spent a match singing about his mum and dad and tried to throw objects at him. How about he gives something back to the people that have backed him??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:40 pm

Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Wow.

You are the one aiming a ludicrous amount of vitriol at the lad not me. Bit much when you are still going on about me mentioning that RSC is injured a lot...

Now is the time where I ask you to quote me on ONE thing I called Ade?!

If you knew how to fucking read properly instead of always trying to teach people the errors of THEIR ways, you'd see I merely said I'm disgusted that we were made look like fools and it was allowed to happen.

I support every person that is trying their best to make this club better from Mancini to RSC to Benjani to Ade... to the fucking tea lady.

You don't. You crack a bad tasted joke about the fact that one of players has been shot at, you tell everyone we are to become like the butchers of blackburn, you say our academy is doomed, you say Platini and his cartel are coming to get us (when it suits you mind) ... you're a negative virus and you're far up your own jacksie that you genuinely believe the sensationalism you spout.

I'm a supporter. Sometimes perhaps down the line I've supported players and staff who weren't good enough for the club. But I'm a fucking supporter all the same.

You my friend are a false prophet in a city jersey.
Original Dub

Postby Socrates » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:43 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Socrates wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Pretty close as it would have taken your messiah about 29 years to get us into the Champions League... I shall ignore your usual childish insults, well used to those by now.

Can i ask a question, had no one got shot, honestly what would your opinion be?

But people have been shot... How anyone can not view events in context is absolutely beyond me. As pointed out already, he won't have been planning to go to Togo, he has got there and put on an old shirt that he left there last time. It's trivia. Text your
mates back and tell him the poor bugger is clearly deranged at the moment and you hope he feels better soon!

so no answer :)

I love the way everyone thinks these millionare footballers go to a african tournment with only one outfit lol. good thing they went home or else he wouldn't have any other clothes to wear.

And fyi i do feel bad for him and everyone else but it was a silly thing to do.

I answered. The answer was in the one word - "context." We know very few facts about his present situation. Do you know for a fact that he actually has possession of the clothes he took with him? I suspect they will have been on the bus!! Maybe they still are? Maybe they are in an evidence room with bullet holes in them? Or maybe they simply haven't been transported back to Togo yet? Perhaps you think he should have visited the City Store in Lomé before being seen in public?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Blue Toy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:43 pm

I think we should all just reserve our judgements for a while.

Mourning a death as an African is a very in-depth and traditional process, and I suspect his wearing of an old item of clothing is possibly some kind of ritual. Although not mentioned in the following link, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case.

http://www.deathreference.com/A-Bi/Afri ... gions.html
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:48 pm

easily explained. the gunmen nicked all of his clothes that were worth anything (city/togo), leaving only the old gear he was going to give to charity.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Burt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:49 pm

Blue Toy wrote:I think we should all just reserve our judgements for a while.

Mourning a death as an African is a very in-depth and traditional process, and I suspect his wearing of an old item of clothing is possibly some kind of ritual. Although not mentioned in the following link, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the case.

http://www.deathreference.com/A-Bi/Afri ... gions.html

Finally...................the sense of reason!

Excellent shout Toy fella.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blackadder » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Has Ade been back to Togo since he signed for City, before now of course? Probably not, and obviously not with any of his City issue training gear. If his Togo stuff was on that bus he probably hasn't got that either.

So he's wearing an old Arsenal training top. Big deal.

Honestly people, I almost feel the need now to go and read Bluemoon for 10 minutes just to remind myself why I prefer this board.

[youtube]WxmUKVrT0iI[/youtube]
Last edited by Blackadder on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby Socrates » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Wow.

Now is the time where I ask you to quote me on ONE thing I called Ade?!

If you knew how to fucking read properly instead of always trying to teach people the errors of THEIR ways, you'd see I merely said I'm disgusted that we were made look like fools and it was allowed to happen.

I support every person that is trying their best to make this club better from Mancini to RSC to Benjani to Ade... to the fucking tea lady.

You don't. You crack a bad tasted joke about the fact that one of players has been shot at, you tell everyone we are to become like the butchers of blackburn, you say our academy is doomed, you say Platini and his cartel are coming to get us (when it suits you mind) ... you're a negative virus and you're far up your own jacksie that you genuinely believe the sensationalism you spout.

I'm a supporter. Sometimes perhaps down the line I've supported players and staff who weren't good enough for the club. But I'm a fucking supporter all the same.

You my friend are a false prophet in a city jersey.

Half ostrich, half sheep. Seemingly as incapable of actually reading as RH, let alone understanding business matters. I didn't call RSC any names either but hasn't stopped you banging on about my supposed vitriol towards him based on a one line comment, certainly far less than your ill considered rants in this thread. Do you really honestly think we should have someone out in Togo telling Ade what not to wear? I don't think Trinny and Susannah are even City fans?
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:52 pm

feedthegreek wrote:this thread makes a mockery of the thread kk set up to send to ade.

Probably something along the lines of: Fuck them cunts, next time i get the chance i'm gonna make em look like right cocks...

Is it too much to ask to allow city fans to be disappointed in this?

And before someone comes out with the "what about Ade" argument, we are ALL gutted for the lad and the people involved in the shooting.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum