the "perspective thread". (Ade on SSN???)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the "perspective thread". (Ade on SSN???)

Postby Dronny » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Guy Debord wrote:
ant london wrote:Original Dub, IBH, Blue Toy, London Blue 2, MASE CTID.....

Hope you all feel suitably ashamed of yourselves you bunch of fucking queens. All of you, some of my favourite lads and posters acted/reacted like total cunts. I found myself siding with Jonny Socrates.....bloody Socrates. Get in the naughty corner all of you, I still loves ya but I am very disappointed in you all.

(also mad props to Buffalo Soldier, MRM, Shawzy, Kyle, Doom, Andy Lincs, Burt, MHiggi, feedthegreek, Alex Sapphire and anyone else who reacted like someone with a foookin brain and a soul).

Yeah, I felt a bit dirty about it, but I agreed with Socrates too, that's the first time that's ever happened.

Hmmm, funny that, if Socrates told me it was Friday tomorrow I'd check my calendar before replying....I don't feel dirty though, sullied perhaps :-)
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:38 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
ant london wrote:
BobbyJ1956 wrote: how sensitive you still are to any mention of race in England. Here in the Bronx people have mostly moved past that.

Fuck me I have heard it all. Someone from the USA, the country which is infinitely more racially divided than the UK is preaching to us on how sensitive we are. "We've mostly moved past that"....my arse you have.

UK forum...try adhering to our cultural norms. And if you don't like it fuck off back to the Bronx.

I was going to say something,but you summed it up perfectly there Anton.
USA...Not racist.......owwwwwwwww,funny shit.
But hey thats another story.

he does say "in the bronx" not the whole US to be fair.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:26 pm

Hope he gets home safe, spends some time with his close ones and sorts his head out and we get to see the real Ade in a City shirt soon.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Hope you all feel suitably ashamed of yourselves you bunch of fucking queens. All of you, some of my favourite lads and posters acted/reacted like total cunts. I found myself siding with Jonny Socrates.....bloody Socrates. Get in the naughty corner all of you, I still loves ya but I am very disappointed in you all.

(also mad props to Buffalo Soldier, MRM, Shawzy, Kyle, Doom, Andy Lincs, Burt, MHiggi, feedthegreek, Alex Sapphire and anyone else who reacted like someone with a foookin brain and a soul).

I questioned what the fuck one of my club's players was doing wearing another club's jersey.

I'm not a cunt for questioning that. I have every fucking right to question it as a city supporter. Now he has answered it himself - do you want to know why?? Because the whole fucking world wanted to know the answer. A world full of cunts.

If a bloke in a wheelchair was carrying on like a cunt would you be less likely to call him a cunt because he has suffered from tragedy? I bet you would, but I wouldn't.

That indeed might make me a cunt, but you know where you stand with me. I honestly can't say the same for some on this board who mask what they're really thinking/asking and all in the name of PC.

FUCK PC AND FUCK YOU ANTON WHORE

;)
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:25 pm

Looks very hollow and fucked up in those interviews, very sad to see. Hope he recovers fully and takes all the time he needs before returning to us.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I questioned what the fuck one of my club's players was doing wearing another club's jersey.

I'm not a cunt for questioning that. I have every fucking right to question it as a city supporter. Now he has answered it himself - do you want to know why?? Because the whole fucking world wanted to know the answer. A world full of cunts.

If a bloke in a wheelchair was carrying on like a cunt would you be less likely to call him a cunt because he has suffered from tragedy? I bet you would, but I wouldn't.

That indeed might make me a cunt, but you know where you stand with me. I honestly can't say the same for some on this board who mask what they're really thinking/asking and all in the name of PC.

FUCK PC AND FUCK YOU ANTON WHORE
;)

I think we need to put this into perspective....
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Wooders wrote:
ant london wrote:
BobbyJ1956 wrote: how sensitive you still are to any mention of race in England. Here in the Bronx people have mostly moved past that.

Fuck me I have heard it all. Someone from the USA, the country which is infinitely more racially divided than the UK is preaching to us on how sensitive we are. "We've mostly moved past that"....my arse you have.

UK forum...try adhering to our cultural norms. And if you don't like it fuck off back to the Bronx.

The guy is full of shit. There are plenty of racisit in the Bronx. Look no further then the police department. The thing about the U.S. is racist in the North hide it where in the South they are more open about it.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:OK, Irblinx, you missed the point of my post big time by jumping all over the word "white." My argument is that he plays for the cash and has no particular allegiance to the place where he gets his income, most of whose people are foreigners to him, with language, culture, and other factors making them so. "Mercenary not Mancunian" as I said. I'll give you that skin colour is probably the least significant factor there (less so than his salary compared to the folk who go to watch him play) but, my, how sensitive you still are to any mention of race in England. Here in the Bronx people have mostly moved past that.

Hey BobbyJ

As you are from the Bronx, will you pass a message on to JLo for me?
Tell her she gave me crabs, and I told puffy all about it. She isn't getting a christmas card from either of us.
Tell her to give me a call once she's got it sorted because that sex was mind blowing.

Cheers
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:18 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:The guy is full of shit. There are plenty of racisit in the Bronx. Look no further then the police department. The thing about the U.S. is racist in the North hide it where in the South they are more open about it.

As another northerner, thats spot on. My generation obviously isn't as bad as my parents and there is improvment to see, but from a world view racism in the states can only be looked at as despicable.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Just read an article in the MEN by Stuart Brennan entitled 'Concentrate on Adebayors words and not his clothes'. Basically the article was about how certain people, especially on internet forums (faceless anonomous), were having a real bitch about the colour of shirt that Ade wore, relentlessly berating a player who had just watched his life, and those lives around him, flash before their eyes.

The main paragraph that struck a cord regarding some things I have read on various sites is this:
These are people who see a human tradegy as a vehicle for their petty football hatreds and haven't the intelligence or decency to see beyond.
Rightly, I do not agree with Brennan on many things, but on this, he is 100%, regardless of the colours.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby irblinx » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:41 pm

BobbyJ1956 wrote:OK, Irblinx, you missed the point of my post big time by jumping all over the word "white." My argument is that he plays for the cash and has no particular allegiance to the place where he gets his income, most of whose people are foreigners to him, with language, culture, and other factors making them so. "Mercenary not Mancunian" as I said. I'll give you that skin colour is probably the least significant factor there (less so than his salary compared to the folk who go to watch him play) but, my, how sensitive you still are to any mention of race in England. Here in the Bronx people have mostly moved past that.

In actual fact I picked up on the "point of your post"

irblinx wrote:He plays for us because we bought him, we offered the money that Arsenal wanted for him and so were allowed to talk to him, we then offered him a salary he was happy with and sold something about the club to him as a good idea ( in this case the project of turning the club into a trophy winning force ) so he signed. So pretty much like every single other transfer then, THAT is why he plays for City and what shirt he wears in the above situation has absolutely no implications either way in that respect.

The simple fact is that for some reason you felt that there was some significance in colour as you mentioned it, having lived in a very racially integrated area (Manchester) all my life I don't see that the colour of someone's skin has any relevance at all
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Just read an article in the MEN by Stuart Brennan entitled 'Concentrate on Adebayors words and not his clothes'. Basically the article was about how certain people, especially on internet forums (faceless anonomous), were having a real bitch about the colour of shirt that Ade wore, relentlessly berating a player who had just watched his life, and those lives around him, flash before their eyes.

The main paragraph that struck a cord regarding some things I have read on various sites is this:
These are people who see a human tradegy as a vehicle for their petty football hatreds and haven't the intelligence or decency to see beyond.
Rightly, I do not agree with Brennan on many things, but on this, he is 100%, regardless of the colours.

Right, so basically what you're saying is that myself and anyone who was completely baffled and disgusted that he was wearing an Arsenal short on global TV, should have instead have somehow bypassed our initial instinct (which was "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??!!") and thought of the tragedy three days previous?

OR

What you're saying is....

We should put this into PERSPECTIVE, no?
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just read an article in the MEN by Stuart Brennan entitled 'Concentrate on Adebayors words and not his clothes'. Basically the article was about how certain people, especially on internet forums (faceless anonomous), were having a real bitch about the colour of shirt that Ade wore, relentlessly berating a player who had just watched his life, and those lives around him, flash before their eyes.

Right, so basically what you're saying is that myself and anyone who was completely baffled and disgusted that he was wearing an Arsenal short on global TV, should have instead have somehow bypassed our initial instinct (which was "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON??!!") and thought of the tragedy three days previous?

OR

Where was your name mentioned? Where was anybody on this site mentioned? Get off your high horse and take a step down big man. I have no problems in anyones thoughts or opinions, whether they be in perspective or to the extreme, but if you want to put it into perspective you can take a look at your own post.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Oh please...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

OR

Where was your name mentioned? Where was anybody on this site mentioned? Get off your high horse and take a step down big man. I have no problems in anyones thoughts or opinions, whether they be in perspective or to the extreme, but if you want to put it into perspective you can take a look at your own post.

Maybe I took you up wrong mate, but I was a certain person on an internet forum who cared about what colour shirt Ade was wearing!

And apologies if it sounded like I was having a go, I was merely wondering if what you were trying to put our there was that we should show a bit of perspective? That's all.

This has to be the most sensitive thread I can remember on this board.

It really is remarkable. Perhaps on hindsight I should have pretended it didn't bother me one little bit when I saw Ade on TV in the Arsenal gear.... I'm just not that good at pretending I suppose.
Original Dub

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:29 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Wooders wrote:
ant london wrote:

The guy is full of shit. There are plenty of racisit in the Bronx. Look no further then the police department. The thing about the U.S. is racist in the North hide it where in the South they are more open about it.

Let's be careful not to paint with too big a brush. People are racists, not entire countries. But every one has their share.
From a sports perspective, European fans have much to learn from the Americans. Some of the disgusting chants around Europe you would never hear in the USA.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:38 am

Funny clip...

[youtube]dA-DuGGCf68[/youtube]

As for the thread, I don't give a fuck. Nothin else matters other than his safety.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:00 am

Dub,
With respect mate...and in answer to your question about your reaction...Maybe your 1st instinct should have been a more humane one, rather than a football one.
Maybe you should have seen the person rather than the shirt. Maybe mate you should have seen the suffering and pain of the man, rather than what he was wearing.
Like you, I too was baffled by his choice of top but I understood that in the greater scheme of his security and health, it wasn't that important.
I respect that you were honest enough to publicly put your inner thoughts on here and have been taken to task for it.
I also understand that you are an honorable person and says it as he sees it.
I have learned many lessons on here...It's one of the reasons I keep coming back.
Regards mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:14 am

OK, to those of you having a go at me, I live in the Bronx, my wife's from Trinidad, my closest mate of 20 years is a Bangladeshi I play cricket with, but I was born and lived 33 years in Manchester and my dad was still there till last year. So contrary to what some posters have said (i) I'm as much a Manc as any of you living there, and (ii) maybe I know a bit about race relations. This is for sure, one or two of you need to wash your mouth out when you talk. And I still think Adebayor is a mercenary.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:26 am

I have read through this thread and watched it develop and I am amazed at some of the selfish, insensitivity of some of the posts.
We all have our own agendas as City fans, but sometimes it is necessary to put them to one side and understand the implications of the message you are writing.

Consider that you are Adebayor, you have spent 30 minutes in fear of dying, you witness your friends and colleagues being injured and murdered for no apparent reason. You are traumatised, confused and frightened. You are a leader of your group and you are asked to forget your personal needs and act as a responsible spokesman for your group. You put a shirt on that has the badge of your previous club but you do so without any malice towards your present one and without any thought of insulting the supporters of your present club. You complete the interview and are then informed that; on top of all your personal trauma, you have now caused insult to the supporters of City and you are being castigated on various City forums.
You now feel worse, not only have you suffered enough, you have now made yourself look a twat infront of the City fans.
Do we City fans need to add to the weight that Ade is already carrying?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum