They are sh*t scared...OFFICIAL!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: They are sh*t scared...OFFICIAL!

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:21 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:It said on SSN the other day that with this refinancing thing they looking at doing it will take there debt to around £1.1 billion. That's alot of money for someone to put in before they even think about buying players etc. They don't seem I viable option for someone to buy.

That cant be right - it is refinancing not more financing. The new money is to pay off existing debts. The main issue with a bond is that is likely to be at about 8% rather than the 3.5-4% they are paying on the bank debt right now. It will stick at 8% though so if interest rates rise they wont be paying more in the future. Binds are not a cheap way of borrowing money. I reckon if some looney came along with about £800m cash the Glazers would be gone in a blink but given that the company only made £32m after selling Ronaldo for £80m why would you sink your money there. Lots of better ways to blow the best part of a billion quid.

Not many loonies around with a spare £800m just now. And if you want a footbal club you can have Portsmouth for 23p.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 pm

blootoof wrote:They're selling Carrington. SSN

saw that and posted it on my FB. They are clearly in some precarious financial circumstances, can't say they wont work out of them, but it's fun for a laff.

no biggie.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ashton287 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:08 pm

In the end they will be OK but i think there going to have a fair few years of turmoil for us to enjoy, maybe a few 6th-10th finishes, but after a while they will sort there finances out but by then the league will have past them by and they will be keeping fulham company. Bit of a shame in some ways because the derbie's will never be the same but atleast we've got a few years before they crumble with the re-financing/begging for money. Im more intrested in our rise to the top but this does make it all the sweeter.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:18 pm

john68 wrote:
It gets even funnier.....
11th January 1902...."At the Ashton Under Lyne County Court on Thursday afternoon Dr Bradley, barrister, instructed by Messrs Brett, Hamilton and Tarbolton, solicitors of manchester, applied to the judge on behalf of Mr WJ Healey of Salford for a compulsory winding up order against Newton Heath Football Club Co Ltd. There was no appearance to the petition." They were put into the hands of the recievers.
On 25th January....Their old ground at Bank Street Clayton was repossessed by a cattle dealer from Salford.

Funny how things go in cycles...innit?

Looks like one of my ancestors applied for the winding up order :)
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Their worst case scenario could turn out to be their salvation. Financially imploding, then quickly finding a buyer could mean they are relatively undamaged. Their squad, such as it is and their customer base could remain relatively intact, giving a new owner the base to cash in on and rise from.
It is far better for us that they hang on, struggling to service the debt but just surviving. Making the necessary savings and cuts to enable them to limp on, whilst all the time slowly sliding down the league. The longer that goes on, the more damage to their customer base and the more damage to their chances of recovery.

They have a huge fan base that will remain loyal but much of their financial success has been dependant on their marketting in the Far East and the European money. Take that away and their chances of revival are significantly reduced.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby leckhamptonblue » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Love the banner on AIG's website.
http://www.aig.com/home_318_96595.html
Is it me or is that Carlos and Christiano celebrating a goal? Whoops!!!!! Ha ha ha ha
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind - Aristotle
leckhamptonblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:You know what. Im a bit bored of being told by City fans every year than U***d were sh*t scared of us.

When Frank and Sven came in, they were shit scared. Funnily enough they won the League and CL that year. We finished 9th.

Last year with the Arabs and Robinho they were once again sh*t scared. Yet we finish 10th and they win the league and were runners up in the CL

And now its that time of year again. With them 2nd in the league without having kicked a ball. We have won a few games against average sides and now they are running scared of us again.

The only thing official about this thread is that some people are more obsessed with U***d failing than City winning.

When we are winning league titles after league titles. Perhaps then we can talk about fear. Until then I'd prefer we kept our traps shut.

Amen.

We will only make ourselves laughing stock with all the mouthing off UNTIL we have actually won something.

no offence gents but its a little bit different when you have the dickheads all around you in the workplace and they are continually full of shit about anything and everything to do with City. This little factual piece is worth its weight in GOLD.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
no offence gents but its a little bit different when you have the dickheads all around you in the workplace and they are continually full of shit about anything and everything to do with City. This little factual piece is worth its weight in GOLD.

My thoughts exactly and the reason I posted it...me and a collegue are the only blues in an office of 20+ reds...a dossier from United owners laying down their worries is ammunition you just cannot but take advantage of
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:You know what. Im a bit bored of being told by City fans every year than U***d were sh*t scared of us.

When Frank and Sven came in, they were shit scared. Funnily enough they won the League and CL that year. We finished 9th.

Last year with the Arabs and Robinho they were once again sh*t scared. Yet we finish 10th and they win the league and were runners up in the CL

And now its that time of year again. With them 2nd in the league without having kicked a ball. We have won a few games against average sides and now they are running scared of us again.

The only thing official about this thread is that some people are more obsessed with U***d failing than City winning.

When we are winning league titles after league titles. Perhaps then we can talk about fear. Until then I'd prefer we kept our traps shut.

Amen.

We will only make ourselves laughing stock with all the mouthing off UNTIL we have actually won something.

Or when you live on a rag infested island... try that one on for size!

I say you milk it while you can because you never know when it could be gone. Right now, the only thing we have on them is how financially sound we are and how fucked they are.

You can choose to say fuck all and if this is taken away from us then what? You'll have the benefit of saying at least you never took the piss out of them at the time??

Bollox to that, they hear from me on an almost daily basis. Why?

Because I've a lot of ground to make up.
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:57 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
I don't give a fuck...they are in the financial shit...I like gloating over that fact...that and the fact I depise them...winner

And we are at the whim of a guy not getting bored of his new toy and we are in the financial shit,.

That's the beauty of it...the Sheikh is in so deep now it is financially unviable to sell City...noone would take it on...we are practically unsellable...secure as houses ;-)

I wish people could get their heads around this, I heard it again from a mune on the radio this morning and it made me mad that they read this shit out when it is a myth that either our our owner, or for that matter Abramovich could just "get bored".

Manchester CIty football club is unsellable. With its present liabilities on playing staff minus income, there is a big fuck off black hole in the accounts for at least the length of the players' contracts. If someone else took the club on, they would have to be happy with a £20-50m loss for at least 3/4 years, in addition to the cost of buying the club, in addition to funding the club's future success on the pitch.

Essentially, city will probably not turn a profit in the next 10 years regardless of success on the pitch, increased revenues etc, so either the sheik stays, or he has to give the club away and subsidise the new owners to cover the ongoing liabilities, and I can't really see anyone just walking away or letting the club dwindle into financial meltdown from what in a couple of years time will probably represent £1bn of investment.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:00 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
I don't give a fuck...they are in the financial shit...I like gloating over that fact...that and the fact I depise them...winner

And we are at the whim of a guy not getting bored of his new toy and we are in the financial shit,.

That's the beauty of it...the Sheikh is in so deep now it is financially unviable to sell City...noone would take it on...we are practically unsellable...secure as houses ;-)

I wish people could get their heads around this, I heard it again from a mune on the radio this morning and it made me mad that they read this shit out when it is a myth that either our our owner, or for that matter Abramovich could just "get bored".

Manchester CIty football club is unsellable. With its present liabilities on playing staff minus income, there is a big fuck off black hole in the accounts for at least the length of the players' contracts. If someone else took the club on, they would have to be happy with a £20-50m loss for at least 3/4 years, in addition to the cost of buying the club, in addition to funding the club's future success on the pitch.

Essentially, city will probably not turn a profit in the next 10 years regardless of success on the pitch, increased revenues etc, so either the sheik stays, or he has to give the club away and subsidise the new owners to cover the ongoing liabilities, and I can't really see anyone just walking away or letting the club dwindle into financial meltdown from what in a couple of years time will probably represent £1bn of investment.

Absolutely bang on
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Interestingly enough this little Mail article is causing quite a stir

I posted it on a couple of non football related sites including facebook and instead of the usual vitriol I was faced with humble rag fans feeling sorry for themselves...turns my stomach!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blootoof » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:13 pm

ashton287 wrote:In the end they will be OK but i think there going to have a fair few years of turmoil for us to enjoy, maybe a few 6th-10th finishes, but after a while they will sort there finances out but by then the league will have past them by and they will be keeping fulham company. Bit of a shame in some ways because the derbie's will never be the same but atleast we've got a few years before they crumble with the re-financing/begging for money. Im more intrested in our rise to the top but this does make it all the sweeter.

One season out of the top four and they might as well give up. Only the Government can save them now Bwaahahaha!!! etc...
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm not an accountant and I know there are several financial wizards on here.
My info was that should the rags not make the CL for 2 consecutive years, they would financially implode. That may still be the case but considering the economic climate has changed and their debt substantuially increased, two consecutive years may be too long.

I discussed this with a financier some time ago who explained that thay were in a dire position but if it went tits up and they went into recievership from their present position, a 1o point reduction would not harm their premier league status. Should they go to the wall after dropping dopwn the league and find a 10 point reduction relegates them. they would be less attractive to potential buyers.

The great let off for rags fans is their undying belief that their brand name makes them a massively saleable item. Should the Glazers asset strip to raise money for their debt, and should they slide down the League, it would make them less saleable.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby MUS » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 pm

this is very loosely connected and i cant be bothered making a new thread cos its not really worth a thread but...

who gets paid more? the manager or the players in any given club?

seems wierd if a manager has to manage a team of players who earn more money than him.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby eastlandsblue » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:45 pm

That article spell one thing out to me. Taggert is being instructed to field JS Park, because apart form the commercial side he is no better then Sun was to us. In fact I would say Sun was a better player all round. Thats my weapon against the rags, and as WW stated we have to take every oppotunity that comes our way. The fulkers cant bear us now, when we win a trophy, the suicide rate will go up darn south
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 pm

I had to explain their financial sitution to a rag who works at my place today. He squeaked..."but how do we owe so much money?"if he didn't know that neither do half a billion other fuckwits that probably don't even pay for a proper replica shirt. Its no use having a massive fanbase if half of them don't appreciate and wont deal with what its like to be WLDLLLDWDL
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:57 am

MUS wrote:this is very loosely connected and i cant be bothered making a new thread cos its not really worth a thread but...

who gets paid more? the manager or the players in any given club?

seems wierd if a manager has to manage a team of players who earn more money than him.

Depends from the manager and the players involved. For example, I doubt any Inter Milan player earns more than Mourinho now that Ibrahimovic is gone. Possibly, Eto'o is the only exception.

At other clubs, though, there are going to beat least two or three top players that might earn more than the manager. At Barcelona for example, I think Messi, Ibra, maybe Henry and at least one out of Xavi and Iniesta might ll earn more than Pep Guradiola, and at Real Madrid ladyboy, Kakà, Raul are probably all on more than Pellegrini, and others might be too.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Amen.

All the more reason to not gloat. Imagine the shit they throw at you when they are lifting the title AGAIN in the end of the season. I can simply turn my mobile off and not see my rag mates but you will have go to work regardless.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:43 am

I think this is about the owners being scared of us not the fans but deep down the fans know they are screwed its only a matter of time. Just like Blackburn they had their time they cannot keep it up and they in a few years will be exactly where Blackburn are now.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum