Robhino on the bench this past Monday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robhino on the bench this past Monday

Postby Florida Blue » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:47 pm

I had meant to post this on Monday, but never got around to it. I know many of you were at the match and may not have seen this, but I noticed something very interesting about Robson during the first half. During a break in play the cameras panned over to the City sidelines and three of the subs were up, in the foreground the camera caught Robinho with a huge smile on his face, loose and playing around jumping on RSC's back. Anyone else notice this?

It is clearly the first time I have ever seen him on the sideline, in the cold mind you, not pouting and huddle under his jacket. When he came on late in the game, there was clearly a strong workrate, stronger than we have seen in ages. I really hope that this is a sign that he realizes what RM is doing, and he is part of something that could be extremely special.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Robhino on the bench this past Monday

Postby ashton287 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:58 pm

said all along he needs a manager that is going to match his goals and push him wether he wants to do something or not i doubt mancini gives him much choice, unlike maybe some other less forceful managers that shall remane nameless.

mancini has won things and is a champion which is something robbie can respect, we'll see the best of him towards the end of the season and come next year he will be the player we were promised.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:30 pm

Looked alot better on monday and expect him to be brilliant after he gets a goal abit like when he had his winter droubt last year, hopefully goodison is a lucky ground for him as was mint last season.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:53 am

Could turn into a super sub :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Geo123 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:12 pm

WTF.... he was smiling and messing on the bench and you think thats a good thing...
If that was benji or Garrido this time last week everyone would be saying how they should concentrate and focus on getting their place back but because its robbie its good

what a joke
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Geo123 wrote:WTF.... he was smiling and messing on the bench and you think thats a good thing...
If that was benji or Garrido this time last week everyone would be saying how they should concentrate and focus on getting their place back but because its robbie its good

what a joke

GOD BLOODY STREWTH
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby ashton287 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Geo123 wrote:WTF.... he was smiling and messing on the bench and you think thats a good thing...

what a joke

shut up guy
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Florida Blue » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:10 pm

what a joke

I am sorry, he is right, I need to retract my OP. Really, I would prefer he sit on his hands like a good boy, nodding in agreement with RM. Umm.. no.

WTF Geo? Everyone slagged Robinho (and rightfully so) when he went off the pitch a couple of times and straight down the tunnel acting like a spoiled child, not too mention have a look of anger directed at Mark Hughes. Or some rip into him for staring into space when he is not starting. Would you prefer RM run a gustapo like atmosphere or do you want to see the guys being loose and, oh Lord, FFS have FUN whilst playing a GAME. Loose and tight is how Robby needs to be to play his best. But apparently he is shit, and should be sold to anyone willing to take him.

Maybe time to start a Mancini out thread? I mean we did concede a goal.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kladze » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Florida Blue wrote:

what a joke

I am sorry, he is right, I need to retract my OP. Really, I would prefer he sit on his hands like a good boy, nodding in agreement with RM. Umm.. no.

WTF Geo? Everyone slagged Robinho (and rightfully so) when he went off the pitch a couple of times and straight down the tunnel acting like a spoiled child, not too mention have a look of anger directed at Mark Hughes. Or some rip into him for staring into space when he is not starting. Would you prefer RM run a gustapo like atmosphere or do you want to see the guys being loose and, oh Lord, FFS have FUN whilst playing a GAME. Loose and tight is how Robby needs to be to play his best. But apparently he is shit, and should be sold to anyone willing to take him.

Maybe time to start a Mancini out thread? I mean we did concede a goal.

Give it time :-0
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:35 am

Remember Joe Mercer? "Football With a Smile", that's his book, that's how he played and lived. OK if Robinho does too.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby Geo123 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:30 am

Im sorry lads the OP was right he has turned a corner...just not the right one...
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Return to The Maine Football forum