Has Mancini got any cash and does he need it?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Has Mancini got any cash and does he need it?

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:35 am

Mancini has said himself that he understands the need for a big striker in the team. Benjani is A: not top quality B: an injury waiting to happen. IF RSC is carrying an injury you can be sure that we'll end up losing Benjani as well; that's how it happens. Ade could be out of the game for ages, we don't know.

What is the point in spending £200M on players, sacking Hughes because we want top 4 then risking the whole thing on RSC's injury, Ade's mental state Robbie's botheredness & Bellamy's dodgy knees? What if Tevez gets injured or loses form?

Ade is supposed to be our No1 striker & he's a doubt so IF the backup, RSC, is genuinely injured we should sign a striker pronto. If he comes back then fine, he fights for his place. So many managers fuck this kind of thing up re strikers. Royle did at the start of a season, Goat got injured & we went down, Hughes did & we missed the UEFA Cup/top 6, sort it out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 am

i reckon he will have 10/15 million tops to spend but only if he feels it is really needed.

i still have the feelling we will get someone and i reckon it will be the lad boeteng from hamburg. attacking players are certainly not needed.

i hope he puts a bit of faith in weiss if cover is needed on the side, i think petrov looks shite on that side.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:44 am

if a TOP player becomes available (very unlikely....cough..... Torres) then the funds are available, otherwise we have a top 4 squad right now.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:29 am

I agree with the consensus that we need to be thinking of bringing another top striker in, I am also of the opinion that the title may well be up for grabs even if we do have a lot of ground to makeup, the race to second place is definately open and we I think should be thinking of bringing in a couple more players to shore things up
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum