Could It REALLY Happen?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Could It REALLY Happen?!

Postby walshawblue » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:20 am

This City team don't know when they are beat as two defeats so far this season show,I know we drew some games that we shoud have won but we also lost one that we shoud have drew.This team will only get better so and are still in with a shout of winning the treble,so be optimistic and beleive its possible and install the beleif into the players.
You never know they might surprise us.
It is City after all and we all know how they pull surprises off.
Don't we?
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Burt » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Come on NQDP - You will have John on to you now!! Of course we CAN win all of those games. You are not allowed to be realistic in this thread. :)

Of course we CAN win them, why not? If we will, now then that's another matter.

Just like we CAN win the domestic treble....

.....but we WONT

Again, IF we finish fourth and reach our targets people will be disappointed after threads like this. Exactly the same as happened under Sven. I remember people like Nick ranting and raving before christmas under Sven that we should be pushing for Champion's League or what ever (ridiculously unrealistic under the circumstances) and then screaming for his head few months later. This is the same feller who said few days ago that Pearce was underrated as manager.

Well boo fuclin hoo! I shouldn't ave started this thread then cos we're not allowed to believe. I'll just fucl off back to crawl under my rock and die then eh?!

Bollox to that!

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Me merry shipmates. Don't let the fuclers gring yer down.

WIN WIN WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:56 pm

Antti,
You know I love you mate...but your glass half empty philosophy is very frustrating for me to read.
To me it translates as..."I can not be happy because I might be sad again in the future". It is like the kid who refuses to wash in the morning because he will ony be dirty again by the evening...:-)
While Burt is bouncing up and down like a delirious trampolinist and I am positvely bursting with excitement about the future, you come along like the sad kid at the party.

I think I want to slap you round the head with a wet fish...but gently..cos i care....:-)

Gissa smile Antti....pleeeeeeeease!!!!!
Be excited.....it's wonderful!!!!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:21 pm

john68 wrote:Antti,
You know I love you mate...but your glass half empty philosophy is very frustrating for me to read.
To me it translates as..."I can not be happy because I might be sad again in the future". It is like the kid who refuses to wash in the morning because he will ony be dirty again by the evening...:-)
While Burt is bouncing up and down like a delirious trampolinist and I am positvely bursting with excitement about the future, you come along like the sad kid at the party.

I think I want to slap you round the head with a wet fish...but gently..cos i care....:-)

Gissa smile Antti....pleeeeeeeease!!!!!
Be excited.....it's wonderful!!!!

I just don't want people to turn against team and manager because of unrealistic expectations.

But the way things are going right now, I can hardly stop grinning mate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john68 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Didn't stop you with Hughes tho....hahahahahahahahahahaha.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:28 pm

After watching the first half against Everton, I think it's fairly safe to say there is absolutely no chance.
Can't see us beating the rags either now, our midfield is faaaar too weak
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Enough said. One step at a time eh!!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby david yearsley » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:30 pm

That´s put title talk to bed thank fucl -way ahead of ourselves there - lets concentrate on the remaining VERY realistic targets
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beeks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:37 am

*Pisses all over chips*
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john68 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:29 am

Worra bunch of soft tarts...1st sign of a problem and "Well that's that then...we're fucked"

Maybe when you actually see City win the League you will understand that during that winning season there were games when the team would have been shit and lost. Because if you expect to see City win the League and play well every week then you are going to be sadly upset when it happens.

Stop judging a full loaf by the quality of one single slice....Whether that be losing to Everton or beating Chelsea.
john68

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum