Could It REALLY Happen?!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Could It REALLY Happen?!

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Burt wrote:Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh shipmates!

Cap'n Burt is back!

Wonderful to see more and more people on ere willing to at least believe that anything is possible and very interesting to read the devilworshipper and dipper links both agreeing that we can win the League at least. If they are are thinking it, then why da fucl aint some of you jumpin on board our vessel of merry men?

As I said earlier, if the team get wind of the fact that us fans think that we can win then this will only help to confirm their own beliefs and help us to get stronger and stronger and stronger. Other teams, especially the big boys will sense this and we can win games before a ball has even been kicked if we continue this tidal wave of positiveness. That shower of shite over the road have been doing it for years but now they are experiencing doubts and fears. This helps to feed us and make us stronger still.

Splice the mainbrace me hearties and shiver me timbers I'll be fucled if we don't give this our best shot.

There's free rations of grog and barrells of Holts gary glitter for all you scurvy seadaaarrrrrrrrrgs if you jump aboard and man the cannons.

The jolly roger is blowing in the breeze and we're settin full sail ahead to gun down those pesky devilworshippers and cock a knee fly boys.

Me cutlass is at the ready and me musket's clean an dry.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Gingers can't be pirates.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:12 pm

john68 wrote:It is not City that is the problem but the refusal to break down the mental block that CITY AWAYS FAIL>>>>WE DON'T!!!!!

I'd hardly call an inability to win the treble 'failure'.

Of course it's technically possible, and I think we are in one of the best positions of any team since the European ban was lifted to do so (due to the lack of Euro commitment). I just don't think we'll be able to do it this season (our final league position is our priority), and as from next season our priorities will shift.

We need to concentrate on finishing third or better, and a bit of silverware. 4th place gets you into final qualifying round of Chumps' League, which is no laughing matter any more since the qualifying process changed. I can see the FA Cup being sacrificed in favour of this aim.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Lee_R » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Lee_R wrote:If we'd of beaten Bolton, Hull and Burnley (which we definately should of) we'd be a point behind Chelsea now... is that realistic?.. Its FACT.
There is absolutely no reason why we can't win the lot!
In the league if the rags, Chelsea or Arsenal were 7 points behind the leaders we would still say they have a good chance of winning it. I think its time to be a bit more optimistic boys.. get with the program! I know were not used to winning things and some of you are a bit outside your comfort zone but ffs...! And I dont understand people who predict we might only get to the FA cup semis.. whats the point in that at all?! Anything can happen in a semi so why not just have a little faith and be optimistic we have a good squad so can go for the lot. We CAN actually beat anyone you know!? We beat Barca in August ffs and since then weve beat Chelsea, Arsenal and the Rags were given as much time as they needed.
My missus hates gambling but suggested I should put a 5er on us winning the treble... hmmm.

lee you cannot start a sentence with IF and end it with FACT. the two dont go together. WE DIDNT WIN THEM FACT!

Ok.. but if we'd have won those games we would infact be a point behind Chelsea.. sorry for using all the wrong words etc etc.. I'm just feeling all wacky and excited due to good ol Burts crazy posts! :)
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby failsworthblue » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 pm

No Chance.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby david yearsley » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Going back to the journey...Do some of you get on trains and wish you were arriving before you set off? Do some of you fail to enjoy the scenery and the landscape...or the book you are reading...or just being able to have a chill...or do complain that the time on the train is wasted time?
We have just under half a season to go, and I for one am going to dream and hope and each week I am going to enjoy the dream that while it is still mathmatically possible we can win it. I am going to have a great journey...I REFUSE TO TO BE FRIGHTENED BY THE FEAR OF FAILURE.
I cannot understand why so many consider, almost out of hand and despite the evidence that we cannot do this.

It´s funny though coz some personal growth/self esteem books claim that it´s not the fear of failure that creates negativity but the fear of SUCCESS - the fear of not being able to handle it when it comes and the worry that success might be ephemeral before another period of decline . I think this is what affects some of us who´ve seen relative success in the 60s & 70s and then witnessed the subsequent demise. Maybe now we´re entering that nebulous yet potentially sumptuous zone where we cross from pain to power and we find it difficult to leave behind old mindsets. It really would be pointless to reach that sweet moment without having enjoyed the wooing experience and I certainly don´t want it feel like an anti-climax coz frankly it´s been soooooooooooooooo long !

I think John was the ghost writer for this;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Without belief there is never ending failure imo.Did the England cricketers not believe they could not win the Ashes last summer no they did believe and they won them.Belief in your own abillity is paramount to any success in life and our new gaffer is full of said belief in his own abillity as seen in his success in his homeland.And if he can instill this belief in this squad of MCFC players we can win the fuckin lot imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beeks » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 pm

If we lose tomorrow this is going to piss on a lot of peoples chips...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:31 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:If we lose tomorrow this is going to piss on a lot of peoples chips...

But IF we win what would that say?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Burt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:43 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:If we lose tomorrow this is going to piss on a lot of peoples chips...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh me trusty shipmates. Yee can be those pesky fence sitters or yeee can be on board AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH bring on the grog!

And if we don't transmit the feeling that we can win, then that would be detrimental to our team.

Good ol Delia Smith had the right idea when she stated that WE are the twelth man and ONLY by backing our lads and willing them to win every game will we be sucessful.

DREAM folks DREAM and sing yer hearts out for the lads cos it really does make a difference. I'm certain of that:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby john68 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:36 am

Why should that be so?
We can afford to lose tomorrow and still win the League. Do you honerstly believe that this seasons champions won't suffer setbacks?
The Champions are defined by their record over the full season, not just one game in isolation. I believe we can win the league. I don't believe that we will not have our disappointments along the way...Just more successes.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Bear60 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:18 am

Just switched on the radio and Quinny on Talk Sport is tipping City to win the league, I think they are doing it to get people ring in.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:44 am

john68 wrote:

Why should that be so?
We can afford to lose tomorrow and still win the League. Do you honerstly believe that this seasons champions won't suffer setbacks?
The Champions are defined by their record over the full season, not just one game in isolation. I believe we can win the league. I don't believe that we will not have our disappointments along the way...Just more successes.

It would be very important to win again and send out a signal as we are still 7 points behind the leaders. The press are just waiting to pounce with 'the first games were easy' etc. To maintain City's self-belief and to get up there in amongst it I would be looking for victories against Everton, Portsmouth, Hull, Bolton, Stoke and Liverpool on the trot.

Many trip-ups along the way and we'll be competing for 4th, not 1st. Which is fair enough, but currently I believe we can win.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 am

I agree with John, we need to win this to stop the press and anyone else from saying "ah, the first tough game and Mancini drops points". We know this, and I think the team and Mancini do to. Just like we all know that the atmosphere will be electric and very negative toward us today at Goodison, but we shouldn't let that scare us. Also, for those who will be going to the match, we need our fans to outdo the Everton ones, if possible. I think it would be great help to the team. And if we do win today, and both the rags and Chelsea drop points like I have a feeling they will, then the game's on. ;)

On a side note, I couldn't win the treble on FM. I won the title, the League Cup but lost the FA Cup final against bloody Tottenham at penalty shootout in the first season.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:52 am

john@staustell wrote:
john68 wrote:

Why should that be so?

It would be very important to win again and send out a signal as we are still 7 points behind the leaders. The press are just waiting to pounce with 'the first games were easy' etc. To maintain City's self-belief and to get up there in amongst it I would be looking for victories against Everton, Portsmouth, Hull, Bolton, Stoke and Liverpool on the trot.

Many trip-ups along the way and we'll be competing for 4th, not 1st. Which is fair enough, but currently I believe we can win.

JEEZES!!

You don't half put pressure on the side. I can assure you we are not going to win ALL those games.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:54 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
JEEZES!!

You don't half put pressure on the side. I can assure you we are not going to win ALL those games.

Maybe we won't (if we did, we'd reach ten wins on the trot!!), and to be honest it is probable that we won't, but apart for Liverpool and Everton, they are all very winnable on paper.
CityFanFromRome

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:18 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
john68 wrote:

Why should that be so?

JEEZES!!

Come on NQDP - You will have John on to you now!! Of course we CAN win all of those games. You are not allowed to be realistic in this thread. :)
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:Come on NQDP - You will have John on to you now!! Of course we CAN win all of those games. You are not allowed to be realistic in this thread. :)

Of course we CAN win them, why not? If we will, now then that's another matter.
CityFanFromRome

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:Come on NQDP - You will have John on to you now!! Of course we CAN win all of those games. You are not allowed to be realistic in this thread. :)

Just like we CAN win the domestic treble....

.....but we WONT
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:44 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

.....but we WONT

Again, IF we finish fourth and reach our targets people will be disappointed after threads like this. Exactly the same as happened under Sven. I remember people like Nick ranting and raving before christmas under Sven that we should be pushing for Champion's League or what ever (ridiculously unrealistic under the circumstances) and then screaming for his head few months later. This is the same feller who said few days ago that Pearce was underrated as manager.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:53 am

ENIAM NAM wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

.....but we WONT

It's not probable, but you can't say that we certainly won't, until we are out of one of the cups or too far from the top in the league.
CityFanFromRome

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum